Author Topic: sephiroth vs kefka thread  (Read 20359 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
sephiroth vs kefka thread
« on: 2010-09-18 21:22:07 »
to try and stop all the other topics from getting overrun by the hole "kefka is better then sephiroth" and "sephiroth is better then kefka' thing, lets just direct it all here.

i'll start by restating the obvious, Kefka is strong yes, kefka is freakin evil, yes, but kefka also has little to no background history, no given reason for being a psycho, and of course, he's a clown (tis unforgivable)

people argue that kefka is stronger and annialated the world pretty much, this is kinda true, but sephiroth would've done the same with meteor given enough time, in fact, the only reason the world didn't turn out like kefka's is simply put: the heroes of VII were quicker then the heroes of VI.

these are my views, you may now begin :P *bows*

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
Re: sephiroth vs kefka thread
« Reply #1 on: 2010-09-18 21:55:54 »
Sephiroth had actual character development, /argument.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-09-18 22:11:05 »
Sephiroth is tall dark and hansom. Kefka is not /argument. 

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-09-18 23:32:33 »
Sephiroth was first a friend and a hero so I liked him even when he turned bad I still looked and think high of him. Kefka reminds me of Devil May Cry because of the outfit. But in the story his nothing different than the monsters in FF6 because he just wants to destroy the world like a normal monster not like Sephiroth who has a reason to hate the world.

Snor

« Reply #4 on: 2010-09-19 00:14:03 »
Kefka is the better villain. Sephiroth wasn't really sephiroth remember, it was Jenova all the time. The real sephiroth died when cloud stabbed him. Jenova just took the form of sephiroth...so really sephiroth doesn't even exist. He died...and even if he was alive at any time during Final Fantasy VII. Kefka would still be the better villain.

A few reasons for this:

1. He actually was sane, acted independately without any mother.
2. He killed possible millions of people through manipulation of armies.
3. His magical abilities were superior to sephiroths sword.
4. In many ways more sane than Jenova's puppet body.

Sephiroth, was very depressed before he found out about his orgins. This is what made him become so mentally weak and confused and abandon all his "friends". Jenova was the true villain all the time, and she is still the villain in AC. She just takes the form of sephiroth, since he was so strong.

Kefka is the greater villain!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-09-19 00:18:08 »
Kefka is the better villain. Sephiroth wasn't really sephiroth remember, it was Jenova all the time. The real sephiroth died when cloud stabbed him. Jenova just took the form of sephiroth...so really sephiroth doesn't even exist. He died...and even if he was alive at any time during Final Fantasy VII. Kefka would still be the better villain.

A few reasons for this:

2. He killed possible millions of people through manipulation of armies.
3. His magical abilities were superior to sephiroths sword.
4. In many ways more sane than Jenova's puppet body.

Sephiroth, was very depressed before he found out about his orgins. This is what made him become so mentally weak and confused and abandon all his "friends". Jenova was the true villain all the time, and she is still the villain in AC. She just takes the form of sephiroth, since he was so strong.

Kefka is the greater villain!
No trolling please.   Also, no being hermoor please.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-09-19 00:22:50 »
Ha athleticbear, you beat me to it. I was going to say that its funny that a newbie would have that much competence and confidence in posting on a new site. But that would have made me fall to the troll, and the flame-war would have probably started. So I apologize for my moment of weakness. And Sephiroth is probably one of the greatest villains of all time, up there with Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, and David Lo Pan.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-09-19 01:37:45 »
Sephiroth is a better villain because he killed Aerith, and she was hot.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-09-19 01:56:15 »
i lol'd

Am I odd for thinking of Kefka as a comical relief character throughout the entire game? I associate him with Heidegger.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-09-19 02:26:25 »

And why is this!?!. I was alwalys under the impression that Tifa was the recipient of guys affection?. I personally think She (Aerith) was scum!. Let me explain:

1. Who the sells a flower for 1 gil?. How could you maintain a living given that the average potion is 50 gil?. (Sounds to me like somebody had a little side business going on) >_>.

2. She is extremely self serving, Here we are on a quest to save the planet from destruction and you wan't to ride a roller-coaster...need I say more.

3. She is ugly I mean come on her perm must have cost a fortune to maintain (can't do that on 1 gil see point 1) I mean seriously you live in the slums!.

4. Personally I think she is very flat chested.

5. Unless she had some weird attraction to people with seriously wacky hair, she was suffering from cataracts.

Seppy probably killed her cause she gave him an STD!. Well that my opinion anyway...That is all I have to say on that women. 

« Last Edit: 2010-09-19 02:33:50 by Mako »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-09-19 02:40:10 »
1. Who the sells a flower for 1 gil?. How could you maintain a living given that the average potion is 50 gil?. (Sounds to me like somebody had a little side business going on >_>.
Bizarre assumption. Anyway, doesn't change the fact that she's hot.

2. She is extremely self serving, Here we are on a quest to save the planet from destruction and you wan't to ride a roller-coaster...need I say more.
Good point. She's still hot.

3. She is ugly I mean come on her perm must have cost a fortune to maintain (can't do that on 1 gil see point 1) I mean seriously you live in the slums!.
First, she's not ugly, she's hot. Second, who cares how much her hairstyle costs or how she pays for it? It looks the way it does, regardless of how it was acquired.

Even if she were flat chested, she's got a pretty face, which is quite a bit more important IMO.

5. Unless she had some weird attraction to people with seriously wacky hair, she was suffering from cataracts.
Again, irrelevant to the way she looks.

Seppy probably killed her cause she gave him an STD!. Well that my opinion anyway...That is all I have to say on that women.
Why would she give him an STD? Because they slept together. Why would he choose to sleep with her?
BECAUSE SHE'S HOT.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-09-19 02:47:20 »
Oh come on a strange man comes busting though your ceiling and lands on your flowers. Not only did you NOT think to bring him to the nerest medical facility but instead opted to leave him here wilest you tend to your flowers!?!. How could a man possibly find that attractive?...Is all really forgiven because she has a cute face?. BTW I don't think she is hot at all!. There are much prettier girls who care if you are dying on some flower bed in the slums!.

EDIT: And due to the fact that she suffers from near blindness she would then fall into decay into her mid 30's and be fat and unkempt...IE Ugly!
« Last Edit: 2010-09-19 02:50:25 by Mako »

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-09-19 05:20:34 »
How could anyone post saying Aerith is ugly?  You best be trolling.  Besides, I liked her personality.

1. Who the sells a flower for 1 gil?. How could you maintain a living given that the average potion is 50 gil?. (Sounds to me like somebody had a little side business going on) >_>.

She sells flowers for varying prices depending on who she's selling them to, as you can find out at the Honeybee Inn.  I rarely approve of such unfair and corrupt behavior, but I can make an exception in Aerith's case.  She's hot and naughty!  And as the main character, she only charged me 1 gil.  I appreciated that :)

She just wants to have fun.  Every guy likes a girl who wants to have fun.  Even when the planet is in danger.  (Did the party even know that the planet was in danger at that point?)

I'm sorry, but she is hot.  To each his own, I guess.  Only you're wrong and I'm right 8)

Big boobs is what Tifa is for.  At least Aerith is secure enough in her own physique to not get implants.  Besides, a large bosom will get in the way from time to time :P

Difficult one.  Not sure how to counter that.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-09-19 05:41:08 »
This thread is now about who is hotter, Tifa or Aeristh

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-09-19 05:59:56 »
I vote yuffie, although that makes me sound like a pedo

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-09-19 06:14:14 »
How could anyone post saying Aerith is ugly?  You best be trolling.  Besides, I liked her personality.

How come stating my opinion constitute as trolling?.

I wasn't very clear in my previous posts so I will try my best to clarify. As I am a true FF7 fan and can see by Aerith pretty face...

It is well known that Tifa and Aerith both vie for Clouds admiration during the whole game, as they only hinted at tifa's interest all the wile making Aerith seem some sort of all forgiving super goddess they almost overplayed her role she was alwayls the damsel in distress "poor girl grew up in the slums without a real mother" HA! I see though her lies I believe the only reason she was so attracted to Cloud in the first place cause it reminded her so much of Zack to which Cloud even convinced himself that he was Zack (or something of the sorts). So who do you think during the whole game knew the real cloud and accepted who he was originally...yup you guessed it Tifa!. Matter of fact I think she knew he was lying the whole time, she sure hinted at it enough. Tifa is a much more prettier girl on the inside she cared and saved Cloud and all he could do is complain how Aerith died...

Aerith's character is so shallow and transparent to me anyway. Your opinion is yours and I respect it...

She just wants to have fun.  Every guy likes a girl who wants to have fun.  Even when the planet is in danger.  (Did the party even know that the planet was in danger at that point?)

Yes they did, if not from Sephiroth then at least they could have stopped another reactor from killing the planet. Again you would risk the lives of billions of people so you could ride a gondola?. Ride it some other time we got to go!.

Ok I will concede she is not ugly...But she was not pretty (well not on the inside anyway).  :P

Poor Tifa she always gets the shaft I do wish sometime in my lifetime they would make a sequel and finally let Cloud and Tifa's relationship develop. Also you can quite see that maybe I have the problem with Aerith. After all she is very influential symbol in the video game world and maybe it was wrong of me to bash Aerith on a FF7 driven forum...But, I am boasting another character in the same game. I would also like to see some sort of demographic on males or females and there feelings on certain character. I can put my last dime that most males defend and protect Aerith so much because squaresoft targeted a male audience and the males of course need to save the damsel in distress. That would explain why I don't feel the need to "cause she hot" excuse...[/rambling]       

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-09-19 08:28:08 »
Physically, they're all equally hot. No, really.

Tifa has DEM TITTIES. Aeris has the prettiest face and Yuffie gets the hot loli vote.

Personality-wise, Yuffie loses immediately. Both Tifa and Aeris are very kind and warm people. Both are fairly playful as well. I'm not sure who I'd go for.

Also, Hi Hermie-kun. I knew you'd come back for this one.

Kefka is the better villain.

>Kefka

>sane

Bear, why did you mute him? We could have had some fun!

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-09-19 09:15:56 »
Oh, and guess what?  "Snor" is yet another character from Norse mythology.  How predictable was that?

The creators of Norse mythology turn in their graves as we speak.  Some social outcast is murdering their creation.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-09-19 09:18:18 »
At least he spelt this one correctly.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-09-19 09:22:48 »
Which is a wonder, given how often he spells things wrong.  Internet "though" guy must've popped up in his posts 10,000 times.  How many times did the correctly-spelled tough guy show up?  Zero!

(Jaitsu will have to forgive us for derailing the thread yet again.  I blame Hermoor.)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #20 on: 2010-09-19 22:26:26 »
Which is a wonder, given how often he spells things wrong.  Internet "though" guy must've popped up in his posts 10,000 times.  How many times did the correctly-spelled tough guy show up?  Zero!

(Jaitsu will have to forgive us for derailing the thread yet again.  I blame Hermoor.)

iz ok, we get lots of lolz out of good ol hermoors return

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-09-20 01:11:58 »
words
Tifa's sole three traits are:
  • She has huge breasts.
  • She is a member of Avalanche.
  • She has huge breasts.
Aeristh may not be perfect, but apart from being hotter, she's got a lot more personality.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-09-20 06:23:39 »
Urg, Its a lost cause...Large breasts aren't everything you know! :( Fine then I will join the ranks.

Yeah who cares how she felt her boobs are important I mean there big right?

Also did you hear? Aerith is hot! oh boy can't wait to hit that  8-) and after you could come over and we will drink beer and look at more boobz together and talk on how hot they are!. Yeah!!! >_>

Tifa's REAL sole three traits are:
1. She is nicer and likes cloud for who he really is.
2. She is a member of Avalanche.
3. She is a strong woman.

Seppy's better than Kefka, and Tifa's better than Aerith. :-P

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-09-20 08:04:09 »
I must be the only one who thinks that Tifa looks better in her AC appearance.  Black hair > Brown hair, she has a boob reduction (which I thought was necessary), and the appearance simply matches her personality better.  Tifa as she appeared in the original FF7 just looked like a total prostitute, and prostitutes turn me off.  I'm sorry.

Aerith is still better than Tifa.  She's got a better name, she can cast magic better, she's more relevant to the storyline of FF7, everyone rage-quitted when Sephiroth killed her, and she freaking stopped Meteor (with a little bit of help).  Oh, and did I mention?  She's hotter!  (No justification required or necessary.)

And Tifa?  She didn't tell Cloud about the Nibelheim incident until after Sephiroth screwed him up, she freaked out like a mad chicken when Cloud went into a coma, she travels the whole world looking like a hooker, and she had a sad little slap fight with Scarlet when she could've just Dolphin Blowed her off the cannon, killing her and averting the Proud Clod battle later -.-' Also, her skirt's super short, but we never see anything underneath.  What's up with that?

Sephy-san > Kefka
Aerith > Tifa > Yuffie

Yuffie sucks.  Don't even make me go there.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-20 08:06:27 by The Seer of Shadows »

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-09-20 08:30:38 »
I love how people constantly fight over stuff like this -_-

Personally, I say "Who gives a crap?"

I enjoy the game, and the characters in it. The end. why should I or anyone around care about what others think about it? Most likely not gonna affect any of you, except for pride.

That's my few cents.

btw Tifa's main traits are:
Big breasts
Amazing fighter
Accepting
« Last Edit: 2010-09-20 08:32:59 by Mirenheart »