Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 844528 times)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
Re: [FF-IX] Hades Workshop
« Reply #75 on: 2013-08-28 22:06:11 »
That's because I'm updating it ^^'. There was indeed few bugs.
There was an old bug happening when you open/close several files in a row and a bug that made Enemy datas not always saved in HWS files.

Link's back in 10 min :P

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2013-08-28 22:23:55 »
How can you change (add/remove) magic from command groups?
If I remove Fire from Vivi black magic and I equip the first fire staff, he will not learn it?
If I add Holy to Garnet white magic, will it be automatically learned or will it need the item?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2013-08-28 22:45:57 »
"If I remove Fire from Vivi black magic and I equip the first fire staff, he will not learn it?" -> Didn't test it but I guess he'll still "learn" it but won't be able to use it in battle (though it may be useful for Steiner's sword).

"If I add Holy to Garnet white magic, will it be automatically learned or will it need the item?" -> She automatically learns it and can use it in battle (if she has enough MP).

I'm glad some people are interested in modding battles and not only translating the game because that's what I like most too ^^.
Those things are to be improved. I don't know exactly what I'm gonna do next... That may be either that (fixing/improving commands and spells), working on scripts or adding things Landon and Zidane documented about.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2013-08-28 23:08:23 »
It will be nice to tweak a little the class experience...
Is there a limit to known abilities?
Can a char know other's abilities without some major animation problems? Like zidane performing lancer or some black magic...

Tomorrow I'll play a little with some modifications.

Very nice tool. One I would never expect to exist. Certainly opens the way to some major  FF IX mods.

Sir Knight,  I must give you the road...

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2013-08-29 09:51:54 »

As far as I know, the only abilities with animation problems (for the playable characters) are Freya's abilities with the exception of Lancer (because there is no channeling).

There are also problems sometime with enemies abilities not made for being casted by allies/on enemies. "Purple Haze" (it's Troll's "Solution" ability, btw) is a good example of what may happen : when they do it, enemies go near the target and then release their stuff. However, as a party's spell sfx, the caster doesn't approach the target but you still see purple stuff on both the caster and the target.

Apart from that, there are special effects that should never be used for a regular spell, such as the infamous Ultima, which freeze the game after it's done. You can only access those by checking "Enable all animations" (though I may change this system in the future).

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2013-08-29 10:10:02 »
But you can't change the animation for a specific char, right. If you change a monster ability animation to fix the compatibily with a player, it would corrupt the original atack from the monster, correct?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2013-08-29 10:24:46 »
I guess (never investigated it) it would apply the change to both the enemy and party versions. But I'm confident that, depending how you'd do that, it may fix the problem with no side-effect for the enemy version.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2013-08-29 13:58:27 »
Update again... I found other bugs.

This one is a bit more annoying, since data was not saved in HWS the way it should have been. That means I'll add a "debugging" version of the program : it will load HWS files you created with the previous versions - or at least what it can retrieve - and save them bugless. Just "Save Mod" after having loaded a HWS file. Note that the bug only happened on "Enemies" and "Texts" datas : if you didn't use them in your HWS, no need to download the debugging version of the program.
Once HWS have been saved back, you have to use the regular version also. It's really only for people who spent some time creating a HWS file for their mod and don't want to do that again.

Hades Workshop - Debugging version
TO BE CLEAR : do NOT download the program with this link if you didn't use the version 0.17 or 0.17b or if you didn't save any HWS file with it. Download the program from the 1st post of the topic instead.

Sorry about that... It should be fine now since I used the new version for some time and didn't have anymore bugs with HWS files.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2013-08-30 08:59:45 »
Ok... At first glance, everything working ok except I can't make ppf patches work on epsxe, it loads but simply does nothing.
Editing the .bin works.

Some animations are broken (rey's wind makes garnet do some crazy break dance, others make the char go into a defence stance) but overall, it works.

You cannot add a new ability, so you have o replace an existing one (boring for zidane).

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2013-08-30 17:56:16 »
I didn't succeed to make ppf patches work with ePSXe "Auto-apply ppf patches". Either we do it wrong or the ppf version my program makes is not compatible (it creates ppf 3.0). You can use ppf-o-matic instead since it perfectly works with it.

Since I'm at it, and since I'll surely have hard times working on that with the incoming end of the holidays, I'm updating one more time to fix a rare bug that corrupted the ppf exportation.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2013-08-31 17:38:49 »
Confirmed... Changing freyas animations makes them compatible with other chars, but breaks the original animation... Still worth it anyway...
Why is carbuncle divided in 4 spells, and witch one must be added to the summon command?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2013-08-31 20:21:06 »
Carbuncle has different effects if Eiko's wearing special ores (Emerald, Diamond and Moonstone). The Ruby Light (gives reflect) is the original one. Same goes for Fenrir who is different when Eiko wears a Maiden Prayer.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2013-09-01 10:10:26 »
I underdstand that... But wich one must I add to have the default attack? The reflect one? And it will still change based on the addon? And will it change based on the char using the ability or just eiko?

Oh, and by the way, how about two small arrows to order the abilities list?
« Last Edit: 2013-09-01 10:22:56 by eXistenZe »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2013-09-03 08:05:57 »
The reflect one, yes, and it will take the addon in account whichever character use the summon.
Sorry for slow answer... And thx for the suggestion, that'd be better indeed.

By the way, the 4th spell flag (the 2nd "Unknown" one) is about Counter attacks while the 8th is about Return Magic (it's only used by ennemies). But you can't counter or return a magic if the attacker/caster is a friend.

There's also informations about enemies' "Auto-statuses" and "Initial Statuses" :

EDIT about Steam version: Some of the "Initial Statuses" don't display properly ; it is the case for "Silence" for instance, which is effective if given as an initial status to an enemy, but won't display the little bubble.

[General]
With the exceptions of "Doom" and "Gradual Petrify", the battles are not won because of an auto/initial status.
When a status can't be cured, it means it can't be cured by any way (spells, items, time, physical attacks...).
Color changing is quiet bugged. It doesn't change in the right color most of the time.
[Blind - Reflect - Silence]
Init : status is applied at the beginning, works fine and can be cured.
Auto : status is applied at the beginning, works fine and can't be cured.
[Trouble - Confuse - Stop - Defend - Zombie - Virus (remove Evasion)]
Init + Auto : status is applied at the beginning, works fine and can't be cured.
[Shell - Protect]
Init + Auto : status is applied at the beginning, works fine and can't be cured.
[Haste - Slow]
Auto : displays the SFX but doesn't do anything else.
[Sleep - Float]
Init : status applied but cured immediately.
[Berserk]
Auto : status is applied at the beginning, works fine, can't be cured but doesn't change the color.
[Regen]
Init : status applied but cured immediately (regen HP once).
[Poison]
Init : status applied but cured immediately (deals damage once).
Auto : displays the SFX but doesn't do anything else.
Init + Auto : status is applied at the beginning, deals damage faster than usual and can't be cured.
[Venom]
Auto : status can't be cured but only disables the attacks.
Init + Auto : status is applied at the beginning, deals damage faster than usual and can't be cured.
[Vanish]
Init + Auto : status is applied at the beginning, works fine, can't be cured but doesn't make invisible.
[Mini]
Init : status is applied at the beginning, works fine and can be cured. The enemy is however still normal-sized until it is hit.
Init + Auto : status is applied at the beginning, works fine and can't be cured. The enemy is however still normal-sized until it is hit.
[Doom]
Init or Auto : does instant death (with "Death" message displayed).
[Gradual Petrify]
Init : status is applied with a very fast countdown. Petrify in less than 5 seconds with any spirit value.
[Trance]
Init : makes the enemy shine and uses an attack countdown. The enemy stops shining and the battle bugs when the trance ends (for me, the next attacker was stucked and couldn't do anything until he died-revived while the others kept attacking).
Init + Auto : makes the enemy shine and can't be cured.
[Heat]
Init : status applied (color change) but cured immediately.
Auto : displays the SFX without changing the color but doesn't do anything else.
[Freeze]
Init : status applied (color change) but cured immediately.
Auto : displays the SFX without changing the color and only disables the attacks.
[Death]
Init : the enemy has greyed name and can't be targeted (or cancel the spells targeting it). Game crashs if the battle ends (if you run away...).
Auto : the enemy has greyed name and stops attacking when its HP reach 0 (and keep displaying its death animation everytime it's dealt damage) until it's healed.
[Jump]
Similar to "Death" but doesn't grey the name and disables the enemy's animations when it's hitted.

I'll try to think of a nice way to put informations like this in the "help" tab.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-14 13:32:59 by Tirlititi »

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2013-09-03 14:24:07 »
How far are you from equipment editing and texture replacement (like making steiner use beatrix textures, for example)?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2013-09-03 15:21:31 »
I've all to be done, but, as said, I can use the work Zidane_2 made so far. For equipments, there are complications I explained somewhere about RNC compression and I still haven't found any working solution for it (I have still few ideas, though, but that needs testing). Not to mention I'm indeed having hard works to do and I can barelly do few tests for Hades Workshop...

But what do you mean by "steiner use beatrix textures" ? You know about UV Mapping, right? If it were only replacing a texture by another, it could be done by copying a block of data from somewhere to somewhere else.

I guess I'll go for an exporting manager next : to include Zidane_2's tools in the program and try to make the corresponding importing features. If I can find more datas on spells and commands, that'll be good too (but I'm afraid some of them are RNC-compressed in some versions).

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2013-09-03 21:08:04 »
You can make a spell use another's animation and textures, right? Is it much different with a char?
And btw, increasing spell amount in a command list, is it possible?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #92 on: 2013-09-03 21:33:33 »
I'm keeping such a close eye on this that I will definitely make a full blown hack with this eventually. FF9 is my favorite FF game ever.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2013-09-04 16:53:43 »
@ eXistenZe : You mean the model? Textures are only drawings. I think it'll be possible to edit scripts (and add Beatrix to the party inside the story) before importing models for fighters.
And yes, you can add spells to commands with the limitations I explained (that is : special commands like "Attack" or "Defend" are hardly editable and you need to link commands or remove spells somewhere before adding others somewhere else).
You can link the 2 "Seiken" commands together as well as linking Dagger's "Summon" with "Eidolon" to gain 12 spell slots in the commands. I have no idea how I could increase the limit and I don't think I will before a long time.

@ Tenko Kuugen : It's mine too :D
Looking forward your mod.

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2013-09-12 04:18:11 »
It's a awesome project, its very great work Tirlititi congratulation, but i found a bug see

the the balloon text do not expand, its because the size of the block?

same thing, but its different

try insert many text and you see..

thanks and continue with this wonderful project, you're the best

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2013-09-12 20:44:40 »
Hey gledson, thx a bunch.
I already knew that but you actually made me remember a thing I wanted to test about it and it turned out I was lucky :)

So, to make it short, you will be able to modify bubbles' size as soon as the next release comes out (I guess this week-end).
Good luck for translating the game.

Also, battle scenes will be exportable. That's not a big news since Zidane_2 already made a tool for that, but you can expect to be able to replace them in-game soon (there'll be size limitations, as always, though :/ ).

EDIT : Update delayed. I had a bad bug, fixed now, but there are still minor things to fix. I'll do it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-15 20:32:46 by Tirlititi »

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2013-09-12 21:54:35 »
thanks man, I wish you luck in your great tool

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2013-09-16 19:02:54 »
Update.
- Added Battle Scene exporter :
--- The loading time when you get on the panel is quiet long ; maybe I'll make it so all the BS are not loaded in one shot at this moment,
--- Y axis is inverted, as in Zidane_2's exporter, I don't know why but it doesn't work if I don't do that...
- Added controllers for dialog bubbles (in the "Texts" panel only) :
--- In the other panels, there is either no need for it (spells descriptions' bubbles are auto-sized, for instance) or it can't be edited at all (spell names...),
--- The preview is not 100% accurate (for the width mainly),
--- Additionaly, bubbles' size are sometime variable (ATE-picking dialogs, for instance, are smaller if not all the ATE are available).
- Added a "Help" window. It is some advanced help written there for the moment ; I don't know if I should add some tutorial-like help for now...

I understood a much more about TIMs images (that wasn't easy ^^'). It will be useful for all that is texture-related (and the charmap).

Also, some of you have already noticed, but I added a sample of "secret" dialogs, never actually used in the final version of the game but still present in the binary file. These 3 dialogs are not all the ones you can find, but there are some of them that can't be found in the US version of the game. You can read them in the 1st post of the thread.

PS. : the upload was frightenly fast this time :O
Tell me if there are bugs with the uploaded files.

demeterf

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2013-09-23 11:20:33 »
Thanks!

R51

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2013-11-02 18:26:09 »
I just decided to check this out and it looks pretty slick so far, especially given the lack of other FF9 tools out there. I'm a little confused at what I'm looking at in terms of the enemies, though. Is there any sort of documentation that explains that part? I guess a big part of it could be explained if the enemy data changes from disc to disc, as I've not been able to look t more than disc 1 so far. Beyond that, though, I'm a bit confused on the enemy groups. For instance, why are there six apparently identical entries for Vice at 088,089,and 08C-F? Also, there, why in those same enemies are there Frequences of 40 and 255? What do those two numbers mean?

If any of this is explained in a wiki or anywhere else, thanks in advance for a link, and thanks again for the tool itself!