Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] The Reunion (OLD THREAD, SAVED FOR POSTERITY)  (Read 1251856 times)

VonZippa

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Menu Overhaul Project
« Reply #925 on: 2011-12-14 13:57:08 »
Quote from: DLPB
Your exe works fine here.

I was afraid of that.

Are you sure you simply patched that exe once with the menu O.?

Yes, just once.

Send your crash dump to aali if so, see if he can shed some light...

I have done so.  Hopefully he can.  Thanks for your time.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: 2011-12-14 14:13:45 »
I can't see any issue with it...  if it was my fault it *should* crash on both systems.  I look forward to seeing what the issue is...

edit:  See if the game works fine without FMV being loaded (rename sqlogo.avi and eidoslogo.avi).  Maybe it is crashing with the FMV?
« Last Edit: 2011-12-14 14:24:31 by DLPB »

VonZippa

• View Profile
« Reply #927 on: 2011-12-14 22:39:59 »
Turning off DEP definitely solved the crash.  Having had a chance to play around with the mod for a while now, I must say I'm impressed with it.  I can only imagine all of the hard work that undoubtedly went into it, especially considering the different combinations of options available during installation.  I used to hate how you couldn't see your party's HP values whenever you had enough materia equipped to cause the command window to change to an increased width.  That problem is solved now along with many other enhancements.  Thanks for this mod, and for your hard work and putting all of this together.  I look forward to whatever enhancements future versions might bring as well.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: 2011-12-14 22:45:24 »
yeah and sorry for my intitial attitude, I am afraid the same 100 nonsense bugt reports take their toll.  Then a genuine issue comes along...

I am still not sure why dep doesn't work for you but works for me when it is turned on....

garruz666

« Reply #929 on: 2011-12-14 23:45:10 »
hi again. i have 1 more question: where must i place all this files?? please, could u tell me the exact path for them?? im reading along the this forum but cant see anything related to this.

and about the spanish version i have. must i use the "1.03". works your mod with the spanish version??

thanks a lot for your work. i saw it on youtube and it is amazing. it is the main reason why im trying to re-play this awsome game :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: 2011-12-14 23:48:12 »
The path issue is named in first post.

garruz666

« Reply #931 on: 2011-12-14 23:54:56 »
use exe in root
Replace window.bin
Replace graphics in mods/menu/

do u mean this?? inside the rar i downloaded i only see a lot of files, txt to open with notepad. do u mean this files inside mods/menu/ ??
but, what about to replace the .bin and use the .exe?? they arent inside the .rar and the link below doesnt work now.

what to do??

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: 2011-12-15 00:01:25 »
The menu overhaul automatically finds the correct install place and installs.  The mods/DK folder is used/

garruz666

« Reply #933 on: 2011-12-15 00:04:38 »
so it means i just place all the files inside mods/menu/ and play the game? no exe, no instalation... is it so easy?? i cant beleive it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: 2011-12-15 00:19:06 »
the installer does it all for you.

garruz666

« Reply #935 on: 2011-12-15 00:22:33 »
there is no a installer inside what i DL, only txt files. where can i get the .exe man?? i DL from 1st page of this forum, where the bigg red letters appear, but the link below doesnt work. where can i find the exe??

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: 2011-12-15 00:25:21 »
    I am the very model of a modern Major-General,
    I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
    I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical
    From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;a
    I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical,
    I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
    About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news,
    With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.

garruz666

« Reply #937 on: 2011-12-15 00:48:41 »
i am building engeener, i speak 4 languages, i know mathematics, phisics and more ciencies, more of spanish history than you, and all the spanish kings too.

but if there isnt an exe file i cant do something. so please. is it so hard to tell where can i find the exe?? it is all what i need, an exe file who does all for me. easy, for dummies like me.

is it so hard??

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: 2011-12-15 00:51:33 »

garruz666

« Reply #939 on: 2011-12-15 00:54:26 »
yes yes, thanks a lot. tomorrow i will install it. thinhs arent hard when someone helps u, someone like u. thanks a lot.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 2011-12-15 01:21:02 »
Well that wasn't especially difficult if you read the first post.  In fact it is the first link.   I didn't have a clue what you meant.
« Last Edit: 2011-12-15 01:23:34 by DLPB »

VonZippa

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 2011-12-15 22:25:23 »
You might already know about them, but I've run across a couple of issues with the mod that I wanted to let you know about:

First, in the part of the game where you first meet Aeris and are prompted by her to wait, fight, run, etc, the cursor isn't lined up with those options, and when those options are displayed it acts a bit funny, as each option will show up one line at a time, and you have to press 'OK' after each one to show them all.

Second, I've noticed that when you save a game, just after picking the save slot and confirming the dialog box that asks "Are you sure you want to save" another red/pink-ish colored box comes up after that says "Saved."  In the un-modded game, that "Saved" dialog only lasts for a split second, and you can 'Cancel' out of it and resume playing or quit or whatever.  But with the mod, that red/pink-ish "Saved" box stays there for around 3 seconds regardless of pressing 'Cancel' and you just have to wait for it to go away before you can back out of the menu and continue playing, etc.  It's not really a big deal, but I was just wondering if that was done deliberately for some reason, or is it just some kind of side effect from some of the modifications made to the save screen for some reason?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: 2011-12-16 01:06:51 »
the delay is correct.  As for other complaint sorted in M005,

I am too drunk to comprehend

cloud9

• View Profile
« Reply #943 on: 2011-12-16 16:35:11 »
the Q&A portion is kinda confusing on how to install this mod. Is there an easy way like a step by step procedure? correct me if im wrong...

1. install ff7
2. install patch 1.02
3. install  aali's custrom driver
4. install the  Menu Overhaul Project (M004d)

i've done that procedure and the only problem is everything is still the same except that the entire game screen is small like 640x480 even though I edit the width and height on ff7_opengl.cfg to 1360x768 (my native res). The last time, it worked. although there are other patched and mod that are installed so i have to uninstall and delete the mods and install it again hence this problem.

VonZippa

• View Profile
« Reply #944 on: 2011-12-16 17:27:46 »
the Q&A portion is kinda confusing on how to install this mod. Is there an easy way like a step by step procedure? correct me if im wrong...

1. install ff7
2. install patch 1.02
3. install  aali's custrom driver
4. install the  Menu Overhaul Project (M004d)

i've done that procedure and the only problem is everything is still the same except that the entire game screen is small like 640x480 even though I edit the width and height on ff7_opengl.cfg to 1360x768 (my native res). The last time, it worked. although there are other patched and mod that are installed so i have to uninstall and delete the mods and install it again hence this problem.

Between steps 3 and 4, did you run FF7Config and select the custom driver in the 'Renderer' pull-down from the 'Graphics tab'?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: 2011-12-16 18:41:16 »
Vonzippa, I am sober now.  The delay is correct because I increased the time it appears same with ALL those types of boxes.  Reason for that is the Limit break manuals can not be read in the original PC.  Like "d-d-d-damn my head hurts" < barrett.  They are all linked.

The cursor issue is a problem with touphscript and will be fixed in M005.  As will world map dialogue which is broken.

ProtoX

« Reply #946 on: 2011-12-16 20:17:14 »
might i suggest making an option to keep the original text but make it unfiltered. many people on youtube told me that they wanted to keep the oringal text but not filtered.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: 2011-12-16 20:33:38 »
not filtered?  The original text is there if you do not use retranslation?

ProtoX

« Reply #948 on: 2011-12-16 20:37:51 »
not filtered?  The original text is there if you do not use retranslation?
i'm refering to the cencered curse words in the orignal text that are filtered

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: 2011-12-16 21:06:07 »
I have not censored anything...  The text is unaltered.  The PC team who ported may have done it.