Author Topic: [FF7PC] ice_cold513 Sephiroth Patch (Beta)  (Read 148342 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
[FF7PC] ice_cold513 Sephiroth Patch (Beta)
« on: 2006-07-30 22:49:41 »
EDIT   
http://www.filefactory.com/file/f545f8/ http://files.filefront.com//;5480751;;/    download here      EDIT

hay guys

some of you guys know that i been working on this for some time

the new patch i been working on well use the all the models that are in the NPC RP patch v0.6

and i got clouds limits to work and what to show you
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/limit1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/limit4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/limit5.jpg

as you can see there the model gets all messed up but that cant be helped the animation was not made for him

i was thinking about giving him Vincent limit working on that now sorry no download right now

why

well the 1st i was using The SaiNt Higher Resolution patched ff7.exe and i know that not all of you can use that and 2nd i messed around with the ff7.exe some limits got delete so I'm going back to a clean ff7.exe v1.02

all the models have been change around in the field and battle

now here where you guys come in do you want use clouds limits like they are now i got them to work or use Vincent beasts limit that wont look buggy

well post the new patch it a day or 2 i what some info on what you think about clouds or vincents limit

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/s.jpg

Mod Edit(SB): Title change.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 23:21:07 by Covarr »

Az

• View Profile
Re: [Release] ice_cold513 Sephiroth Patch (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-30 23:36:29 »
  :-\
« Last Edit: 2014-01-04 18:14:21 by Tawm »

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-07-31 00:40:26 »
Personally I'd prefer clouds limits.
Turning into a giant uncontrollable monster isn't that a master swordsman should do.

Maybe some of Cids Limits could work? (the ones where he stabs them with his spear)

Just a thought.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-07-31 02:46:02 »
I have no idea if mixing and matching limits is possible. If so, like knives said, maybe throw in a few Cid limits. You can't even see Cid on his jump limits, so it wouldn't matter, just so long as Sephiroth gets airborne.

But I dunno about using Vincent's limits. I'd rather have goofy looking limits than to use Vincent's simply because Vincent's limits seem like only he could be able to use them.

Maybe I'm taking too much of a storyline glance at this. Use whatever works; however, if you need a definite set of limits of just one character, I think it'd be fine to use Cloud's.

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-07-31 12:44:22 »
looks good Ice Cold. I think Cloud's limits are better personally. Why not do one for Cloud's limits and one for Vincents limits. Will there be a way for Sephiroth to equip Masamune fully?
« Last Edit: 2006-07-31 12:50:39 by SephirothClone »

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-07-31 15:55:59 »
How did you get the damage-numbers filtered?

i use V0.95 of the Higher Resolution patch
cos the numbers are to big for me with the more upto date one

looks good Ice Cold. I think Cloud's limits are better personally. Why not do one for Cloud's limits and one for Vincents limits. Will there be a way for Sephiroth to equip Masamune fully?

I'm going to use just clouds limits for now
As for Sephiroth im going to make some new swords and the give him the nail bat too

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-07-31 16:59:54 »
So his hair just stands up?  Pity.

I think ANY limit is going to have that kind of problem, becasue no one else has long, flowing hair... cept tifa and aeris.

...Hmmm, wait, Tifa might work.  Try her limits!

Kain

« Reply #8 on: 2006-07-31 18:03:19 »
I dont think Sephiroth is the type of guy who uses his fists.And also uses an attack with dolphins.

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-07-31 19:27:58 »
I was thinking final heaven could be good.

Becuase all she does is stick out her first (could hold a masamune) and chanrge through the enemy.

Also, maybe somersault could be used.
Sephiroth does seem agile.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-07-31 19:42:13 »
So his hair just stands up?  Pity.

I think ANY limit is going to have that kind of problem, becasue no one else has long, flowing hair... cept tifa and aeris.

...Hmmm, wait, Tifa might work.  Try her limits!

lol that what i was thinking but dont work cos he got 3 sets of long hair and tifa got one

it a bit more then the hair standing up when his hp gets to the yellow he lies on the floor like he dead and when he dies he stands there if only i could edit the animation abit just to fix there anyway the moded ff7.exe is done got some last test then put out a beta to see what you guys think

will test tifa last limit i have never seen it so never knew she just stick out her first might work

ooo steel

Sideous999
Posted 7/25/2006 6:55:47 PM
message detail    Im trying to get the sephiroth patch to work,but for some reason he wont show up in battle,only outside of battle.I followed the instructions.What am I doing wrong,do I have to do the samething for the battle folder,or do I need a special program.

Steele
Posted 7/25/2006 8:14:52 PM
message detail    Don't bother with it. Someone is coming out with an improved version soon, and i suspect it'll be out within a month or so.

Thank you for helping the ppl on gamefaqs with the npc patch

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-07-31 19:52:20 »
So Sephiroth will have a new set of weapons?

What will his ultimate weapon be like since his Masamune has a gun icon for it?

By the way it looks like your one hell of a programmer. Thanks so much dude for your hard work on the NPC Reconstruction and the new Sephiorth Mod/Patch.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #12 on: 2006-07-31 20:35:19 »
Is that patch already done? If yes, where can it be downloaded?

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-07-31 20:36:26 »
Last I read, he was still testing it.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-07-31 20:51:13 »
Is that patch already done? If yes, where can it be downloaded?

(...)sorry no download right now

why

well the 1st i was using The SaiNt Higher Resolution patched ff7.exe and i know that not all of you can use that and 2nd i messed around with the ff7.exe some limits got delete so I'm going back to a clean ff7.exe v1.02(...)

(...)now here where you guys come in do you want use clouds limits like they are now i got them to work or use Vincent beasts limit that wont look buggy

well post the new patch it a day or 2 i what some info on what you think about clouds or vincents limit(...)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-07-31 23:08:36 »

ooo steel

Sideous999
Posted 7/25/2006 6:55:47 PM
message detail    Im trying to get the sephiroth patch to work,but for some reason he wont show up in battle,only outside of battle.I followed the instructions.What am I doing wrong,do I have to do the samething for the battle folder,or do I need a special program.

Steele
Posted 7/25/2006 8:14:52 PM
message detail    Don't bother with it. Someone is coming out with an improved version soon, and i suspect it'll be out within a month or so.

Thank you for helping the ppl on gamefaqs with the npc patch

No prob.  Figure someone has to keep those n00bs inline.  Most of them hear about these patches from toehr websites which host these thigns, yet give little or no credit to the people here, which results in lots of stupidity abound.

And while I'd hate to see craploads of noobs and little kids swarming this place, I'd rather they get their info from here instead of asking on gamefags.

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-08-02 01:57:40 »
yeah, some of those people on Gfaqs get a little impatiant, we usually just redirect them to here >_>

Kain

« Reply #17 on: 2006-08-02 02:50:18 »
Hey steel its me,Sideous999 from Gamefaqs.Dude all I asked is how I get sephiroth to appear in battle.The instructions said nothing about the battle folder.Whats your problem ?
« Last Edit: 2006-08-04 00:08:28 by Kain »

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006-08-04 22:09:49 »
Please take your discussion somewhere else Kain, this topic is to discuss the Sephiroth patch by Ice_cold, not to start a flamewar with people. (use gamefaqs for that)

Back on topic. I was thinking we could a Limit set up like this.

Level 1: Braver, boost jump

Level 2: Climmhazard, Big brawl (cid's level 3-2)

Level 3: Metoerain, Doom of the living (yuffie level 3-2)

Level 4 Omnislash

If this setup is possible, I think it would be the best.

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006-08-05 04:34:33 »
ice cold whats taking so long? Not trying to be impatient its just I've been looking forward to this.

Khaos1987

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006-08-05 05:48:54 »
First, I have say Bravo to you for undertaking this. The only other Seph mod out there like this is pretty good, but it's not done, and since no one can seem to contact the maker, it might never be. Kudos.

Secondly, Will this be compatable with the Zack mod in progress? It would be a kick for me to fight as Seph with Zack beside him.

And lastly, Will you be "boosting" Seph's stats a little? I know the game is easy enough as it is, but it would match for Seph to deal a little more damage then the other chars, or recieve less.

Thanks again man.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006-08-05 08:49:45 »
ice cold whats taking so long? Not trying to be impatient its just I've been looking forward to this.

well im still ironing out the bugs it was only till last night that the big 1 was killed thanks to Borde
there is 1 more bug to get and i and put out a beta

I was thinking we could a Limit set up like this.

Level 1: Braver, boost jump

Level 2: Climmhazard, Big brawl (cid's level 3-2)

Level 3: Metoerain, Doom of the living (yuffie level 3-2)

Level 4 Omnislash

If this setup is possible, I think it would be the best.

it might need have a look into it but saying that limits will be last things to been done

First, I have say Bravo to you for undertaking this. The only other Seph mod out there like this is pretty good, but it's not done, and since no one can seem to contact the maker, it might never be. Kudos.

Secondly, Will this be compatable with the Zack mod in progress? It would be a kick for me to fight as Seph with Zack beside him.

And lastly, Will you be "boosting" Seph's stats a little? I know the game is easy enough as it is, but it would match for Seph to deal a little more damage then the other chars, or recieve less.

Thanks again man.

i dont know about it working with the zack mod if the zack mod dont replace cloud then maybe you have to just test it

a boost it stats humm that a maybe too im just working on fixing this 1 bug

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006-08-06 01:54:00 »
What's the bug?
Maybe we can help you.

akromius

« Reply #23 on: 2006-08-08 06:57:35 »
im so looking forward to this

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006-08-12 20:48:00 »
Hay ppl i got that bug and run in to one but this 1 is with Cosmo 95c the Search/Replace seems buggy when putting sephiroth  to cloud the names when ok but when i when to do the text it crashes in game so i got to do them 1 by 1

well it time i think that i put a download here it a BETA so post if any come up plz use the instructions

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ecd8e0/

there is a file checker when running the patch cos it a BETA and if you have not followed the 1st thing it says in instructions i wont help you

the next update the file size will be smaller cos i will redo the midi's from in the exe

Installation

1) Make sure char.lgp, menu_us.lgp, world_us.lgp, chocobo.lgp, ff7.exe is v1.02 and that the
MIDI's in the midi folder are the unaltered ones.
(You can get ff7.exe v1.02 from http://www.ff7-universe.com As for the lgp files you can get them from FF7 Install cd)

2) Extract all the files in char.lgp with Ficedula's lgptools to ...\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\field\char\

3) Run The Sephiroth Patch.exe

4) Create a new char.lgp useing lgptools and delete the char folder.

5) go into C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle and open file name battle.lgp

6) Open the folder that come with the patcher and drag the file in there into the battle.lgp
if it ask to something say yes then close and test the game

-Enjoy!!