Author Topic: Main Character Reconstruction?  (Read 6286 times)

Mesden

• View Profile
Main Character Reconstruction?
« on: 2006-09-24 04:23:39 »
I'm just throwing a suggestion out there.. Being that someone should model the characters to look like that of either FF7: Dirge of Cerberus, or if you're really skilled.. FF7: AC. Anyone know how to take the character models off of DoC and onto FF7? :P

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
Re: Main Character Reconstruction?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-09-24 17:03:06 »
we do have the know-how for models in towns and such, but they'd be too big, and for AC definitely not, but DoC, there is a glimmer of hope, but as i said, they'd be so big and bulky, you wouldn't want to use them

rmco2003

« Reply #2 on: 2006-09-24 19:04:56 »
Mind you, you could scale them down.. I mean they wouldn't look their best, and you'd have to use the low resolution models, otherwise that's just pointless polys that you won't ever use, unless you plan on dubbing vincent yourself :-P

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-09-24 19:10:05 »
Scale them down and tone up their sharpness. Are you saying it would look pixelated?

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-09-25 15:26:32 »
Well I started on Cloud's head model, shown here.

Cloud [WIP]

Some sad news to report...I had a sudden hard drive failure...good stuff.  I've already began a fresh start on the model.  And I know that Nii is making a great looking AC Cloud model.  The idea of lowering the poly count is a good idea.  My last head model had over 6,000 polys, and in-game it would go to a waste.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-09-25 15:35:33 »
http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

Using that we could get the dirge of cerberus models in a useable format, without having to crack it. Just as long as the emulator you are playing it with uses directx.

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-09-26 05:21:31 »
^

There's your solution to Cid, Cait Sith, Yuffie, and Vincent :)
Anyone who knows C++ or whatever it is wanna take on this project?...
Pleeeease? lol

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-09-26 15:41:44 »
Are there any emulators that Dirge of Cerberus works with?  I use PCSX2 and no luck with the latest version.  It would be great to play on PC and for the 3D RipperDX that ultima espio mentioned.

rmco2003

« Reply #8 on: 2006-09-26 16:17:57 »
Well 0.9.2 should have better compatibility, so I guess you'll have to wait until then. I'm still looking for a working raw (M) code for Durge of Cereberus :cry:

James

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-09-27 02:11:18 »
The only problem I see with this is that you'll have awesome main character models walking around town and interacting with Lego men.

It's the only problem I've noticed with the NPC patch so far (which will obviously be addressed when they're done). But it'll look strange indeed to even see DoC models walking around with the upgraded NPCs and such, anyway.

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-09-27 04:12:28 »
BUT, with the other character reconstrution project, you can upgrade those lego men to look a little better.r

James

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-09-27 04:13:26 »
Exactly, the problem will be that the DoC models look waaaaaaaaaay better than the upgraded NPC models..

Just a minor gripe, though... usually when I see something like that out of the ordinary it distracts the crap out of me.

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-09-27 04:15:00 »
The main characters are what this game is all about, not the nobodies :P

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-09-27 04:24:15 »
Well..... if someone manage to do the main character... we could do the same as with the NPC RC ... I mean reconstruct all the models with parts of the main characters.. but the problem is that the DoC models are WAAAAAY different than FF7 ... I mean they were made for a 3d engine realy more powerful so ... I think it'd be hard to convert it for ff7... Well.. I don't realy know how DoC is made so I don't realy know but I guess they use a lot of skins modifier and stuff like this witch ff7 doesn't support...

Another thing is that even if the backgroud would be refiltred and alll I think the DoC models would look a bit too good for those crappy backgroud...  Well maybe they'd do fine in battles though....

rmco2003

« Reply #14 on: 2006-09-27 05:45:29 »
Well you could counter the NPC problem pretty easily... DoC has loads of NPCs.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-09-27 06:25:12 »
I guess so ... but I think it'd be easier to just import the main characters and then take parts of these models to do the others...

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-09-27 17:43:17 »
I've been fiddling with a program that makes terrain (Such as Water, Mountains, etc.)

Just wondering, if I render the water, how do you implement that into FF7?