Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 692345 times)

Terid__K

Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #75 on: 2008-04-17 15:19:55 »
The problem of having Cloud with a sword on his back all the time is that he'll have two swords whenever he draws it outside of a battle. For example, in the Battle Square at Gold Saucer or right before the cutscene where Sephiroth stabs Aeris.

So if you have to choose one, I say without it.

BTW, I haven't tested this version yet so I was wondering something... Did you manage to fix the darker-than-they-should-be models and Aeris missing one of her hands?

Dias Flac

« Reply #76 on: 2008-04-18 04:16:40 »
cool. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Zionite

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008-04-18 05:44:29 »
I have joined the PRP so ice will have some more help.  As far as the sword on tck thng, i agree it does give it a more realisic appearance, then again classic style = no sword.   I like both , but my job is modeling LOL so i think ppl should just be happy that ppl are willing to work hard to make a patch like this and stop complaining.  Thats just my personal opinion, i dont mean to insult anyone. Just sayin to be happy with what your getting.

I totally agree.

I really appreciate all the work the modelers do just to simply do a nice thing for us. I mean, it could've stopped with reunion, but you guys make it better and better as time goes on. Its wonderful and I'm really glad we all get to use it.

Thanks for the hard work guys!  :-D

dahfa

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008-04-19 08:33:31 »
Tried the patch with 1.02
Using window 95 compatiility mode.

I load from my save game.

Everything works fine without the crash upon entering menu just like Borde said.

Unfortunately,after exiting the program and trying to initiate ff7prp one more time..nothing happen.
When i check the task manager in processes tab there sit FF7prp.exe not doing anything where the CPU level sits at 00.

i'd say nothing was started.

By the way..i'm using ISO of platinum edition from a friend.(which is really frowned upon by some people around here...>_<  sorry)

Yeah..i use Window XP SP2..and thats it.

(me ish a noobie.but i've been following Qhimm since before NPC RP v.06 was released.)

Pardon my spelling or grammar mistake.English is not my first language.

Edit: Tried restarting my laptop.it work again BUT same problem occur.cant get the program work again after closing it once.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-19 08:55:17 by dahfa »

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008-04-19 09:33:14 »
Just close the ff7 process in task manager. This happens whit the normal game too, you must terminate the process or it will not start no more because the previous application takes too much memory. Whit that you cant open other programs or open some internet explorer's windows. Just terminate the process and everything shall work fine

dahfa

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008-04-19 10:17:53 »
okay.it work :-D

i forgot to mention,materia doesnt show up on field.is it a bug or some graphical glitch?

after fighting the Hojo's specimen in Shinra Building while rescuing Aeris there's sound of materia but no materia graphic whatesoever.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008-04-21 04:27:00 »
The problem of having Cloud with a sword on his back all the time is that he'll have two swords whenever he draws it outside of a battle. For example, in the Battle Square at Gold Saucer or right before the cutscene where Sephiroth stabs Aeris.

False. You obviously haven't played this while it was called the NPC-RP. In instances where Cloud draws his sword, his model is shown without it on his back. In some, I think he actually pulls it off his back.
If you want the sword, just do some file swapping from the old NPC-RP version using Kimera. I also did that with the save point because I liked the one from the very first Rejuvenation patch without the logo above the sword.

For those with the flashing or invisible materia, the problem is likely an unfixed animation file inside the LGP archive. Unfortunately I have no idea what .a file it is, I'm probably just going to exact the original materia files from the older LGP and insert it to hold myself over for the next version when I find out.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-21 04:30:00 by Tsetra »

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008-04-23 05:49:54 »
Guys I'm having a problem...

When I try to load this, the screen turns black for a moment, then kicks me back to the Desktop. No Error Messages or anything... What's going on?

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008-04-29 02:19:04 »
just finished the game...completed most of the optional stuff too...defeated the weapons got the gold chocobo that kind of stuff...the chocobos seem kinda hard to determine the color...idk if thats ur guys stuff or the way the game was orrignally...nvr saw a chocobo with the standard pc graffics...as i said before vincent had some weird animations during aeris death scene...and most of the materia that u pick up are invisible....thats about all of the problems ive ran into....i think it crashed on me randomly like 2x the whole way thru....

overall great job guys it made the game very entertaining for me....

Chaos Breaker

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008-04-29 18:15:31 »
Well I figured this thing was too awesome to pass up and grabbed it.  First try the only thing that happened was the screen went black for a second then kicked me back to the desktop.  I tore everything out and reinstalled with no mods other than this.  The game will load up and I get so see some very nice work done, but my problems are many.  I can't open the menu like a lot of folks here, every time the camera switches the game crashes, every time a battle happens the game crashes, and for some reason the movies all play upside down which never happened before.  I'm near brain dead when it comes to modding stuff like this but this patch is so damn awesome.  I willing to pull out some hair if anyone's got any solutions for me. 

nafeasonto

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008-04-29 18:24:12 »
Anyone having success with this MOD?

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008-04-29 19:04:41 »
as i said before...i have finished this game from start to finish with this mod...so it DOES work. i could not get it to work the way it is supose to with the patcher, but i got a work around for that. ive seen alot of ppl posting with problems, some related some not...so heres a list of what i did to get things working...

first i installed the game (obviously)
install 1.02 patch
install the prp mod-after instalation i took the lgp files out of C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\ffprp and put them in appropriate places (if its like mine what u need to do is take the lgp file named 00 and rename it char and replace ur char file from the orignal game here: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\field the other lgp file named 01 i left alone cause i dont know what it is or what it does...)
instal yamp
ff7 chocobo patch (lgp 01 maybe that patch...if u know where to put it)
i installed new spell patch by zero88 and default run by Kruci also...but not needed
i used isos of the disks to make it read better (my discs are in terrible shape) and i had plans to run the fmvs off of the hdd but never got around to that...
now run the game from the original game exe...not the prp one

to chaos breaker:
the battle crash is fixed by yamp and perhaps running the game from this style might fix the menu thing idk i never had that problem
EDIT: does it crash at the swirl part of battle or in battle like the first attack u do? because the yamp fixes battleswirl and i have the other problem when i try to play the prp exe
now for the upside down videos....thats not part of this mod...there is a patch here somewhere to fix that.

to nafeasonto:
yes i have success with this mod...played all the way thru the game and only problem was the materia on the ground is invisible (mostly i think i could see like 2 of em) it really sucks to deal with but if u pull up a strategy from game faqs.com they will tell u what materia are in what areas...i just made a check list after i missed my first enemy skill...

im sorry if that is confusing to any1...ive never been to good trying to explain something to ppl without showing them lol...
ive got a few thigns im goina try to see if i can get some of the errors youve guys have had and see if i can fix/work around them...
« Last Edit: 2008-04-29 19:21:47 by Swampthing15 »

Chaos Breaker

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008-04-29 20:33:16 »
Well see that's the funny part about the battle crashing.  It does crash when it should do the swirl thing, but I have the patch that's supposed to fix that installed already.  And the movie part is just weird cause if I play the game without the mod the movies are fine so I don't know what the deal is there.  I'll give what you suggested a whirl though and see what happens.

nafeasonto

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008-04-29 20:52:23 »
Does this work with the HIGH res patch or no?

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008-04-29 22:00:07 »
Quote from: Swampthing15
other lgp file named 01 i left alone cause i dont know what it is or what it does...

Rename 01 to world_us.lgp and replace.

Quote from: nafeasonto
Does this work with the HIGH res patch or no?

Yes it does.  My steps are as follows:

• Full Install
  • Apply 1.02 Patch
  • Apply High Res Patch(chocobo patch is included)
  • Apply all YAMP patches desired
  • Install PRP
  • Rename 00 to char.lgp, rename 01 to world_us.lgp, and replace
  • Apply any other mods, movies, avatars, etc.
  • Create your own No-CD.exe

Don't ask about the last one, I get enough SPAM in my email from people thinking I'll just send them "da Kingdome Harts tow mod3lz"  :-P

Chaos Breaker

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008-04-29 22:10:58 »
Swampthing, let it never be said that you're bad at explaining things.  After following all that everything is working perfectly. 

I've only played just past the bombing mission and the only thing I noticed that was wrong was the Restore materia was kinda twitchy.  I could see it, but it was flashing on and off the screen randomly, but that's extremely minor.  The work done on this thing is fantastic.  Many kudos and thanks to everyone that worked on it.

Quick OT question though.  I've only been looking up mods for this game for a couple days now so I haven't seen this spell patch that was mentioned.  What's that all about?

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008-04-29 22:37:05 »
well im glad its working for ya...the spell mod changes the names of the spells...so instead of ice 1 ice 2 and ice 4 uve got...blizzard blizzara and blizzaga...it doesnt actually effect anything other than the names

u can find most of the mods ive used here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6238.0

some of them dont work with with prp (such as the npc rcp which is the last version of this)

and a question to the creators:

is the 01.lgp file the condor.lgp (modified obviously) file in the standard installation? its got some of the same files in it...and some extra

and i heard that some peoples 00 and 01 files are named something else...what are they named? why might it be that mine arent named that? the reason that im looking into this stuff is if i run the mod.exe i get a crash at the first fight that i try to hit some1 it freezes

nafeasonto

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008-04-30 13:05:23 »
What is the program to manually change the spells yourself, what's the extract you need to use, and is there a guide on what edits what?

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008-04-30 21:44:38 »
Teioh, and if I recall correctly, kernel2.bin is the file you want to edit. Once you open it with the program, it's dead simple how to edit, it's easy as making a retarded smiley face in MS Paint. Just be careful about adding in too many descriptions and generally increasing the file size as doing so can cause crashes.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008-05-04 03:38:07 »
Quick question, if you do it by hand instead of using the patcher (rename the 001 to the correct lgp file, etc.) will the materia be invisible or not ?

I've read through this thtis thread and its still not clear to me whether or not it can be avoided by patching it manually.

If it is not fixed by doing that, any ideas what might cause it ?  Is it the lgp with the save point that has the materia images ?  If we skip modifying that one, does the materia normally appear ?

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008-05-04 05:29:04 »
well for me they are invisible...all but a select few...however it may be my comp setup...from what i hear its not that way on some peoples comp...as for what files they are in...i assume they are in the char.lgp....its the only one ive got installed (by hand)

can any tell me if they apear correctly if u use the patcher to play?

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008-05-04 13:39:03 »
Regarding flashing materia,
Manually placing the LGP files into your data folders will result in flashing materia. Unless the new exe we're told to play handles the animation files inside of the LGP files differently, then my guess is that the exe will result in flashing materia as well. In my experience, using the exe causes crashes before I can even reach the restore materia, but seeing how in the original release animation files were still messed up when using the exe I'm willing to bet that using it will not solve the issue either.
Apparently ice_cold and his beta testers ran into none of these problems. I'm not sure how they managed to avoid them, and I'm not being rhetorical at all. I'm just left wondering how it worked for them and not us.

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008-05-04 17:30:55 »
Or maybe, just play with the previous NPC :D

Chaos Breaker

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008-05-05 04:25:12 »
I can't complain about the materia problem much.  Mine shows up but usually flashes on and off the screen.  I can still see where it is so no big deal to me, and honestly, there's not that many pieces of it you pick up off the floor like the Restore materia. 

And while I'm in here I might as well note a couple interesting things I've seen so far with this. 
When I went in to save Aeris and Barret blasted the holding tank thing, it never stopped glowing so I couldn't see where the materia was in the tank.

The motorcycle chase was insanely fast for some reason and I'm still not sure how I was able to hit anyone.

When I'm doing Cloud's past in Kalm, when Tifa goes to confront Sephiroth, she's carrying a Buster Sword instead of... whatever it was Sephiroth uses, but when Sephiroth grabs it back it turns back into his own blade.

And a quick critique:  Red XIII seems kinda scrawny to me.

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008-05-05 04:34:57 »
yes i recall the tifa flashback thing too....forgot to mention that one

as for the speed of the mini game...theres a patch for that...it MIGHT be yamp? im not real sure....something fixes it...its been to long since ive installed all my mods and patches...but as far as i know its got nothing to do with this mod