Author Topic: SOLVED: Problems with lgp tools (stream read errors & more)  (Read 4042 times)

Lionsmane

• View Profile
(I posted this in a thread I made about 3ds max alternatives but I believe it would fit better here)

So I was using LGP tools to look at stuff in the battle.lgp archive.

and this junk keeps randomly happening:

Or Ill get just one box of something like "stream read error" or "list out of bounds"

**edit** Im on vista 64 bit, running in xp compatibility mode. And I run lgp tools without installing shell extensions because I don't have lgpprop.dll and cant find it anywhere

lol what's this all about?

I'm aware that lgp/unlgp is the better tool, but I'm afraid I'd never be able to use it without a GUI; I'm just not that savvy. Whats more, I am brand new to making models/ using blender so I already have a lot of learning on my plate.

(btw, I'm planning on remodeling cid. I know his stuff in the battle.lgp is rz; I found his head without eyes earlier.)

I'm looking forward to being able to contribute to graphic modifications around here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: 2012-01-15 16:22:01 by Bosola »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with lgp tools (stream read errors & more)
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-14 22:48:35 »

So I was using LGP tools to look at stuff in the battle.lgp archive.

I'm aware that lgp/unlgp is the better tool, but I'm afraid I'd never be able to use it without a GUI;

First of all the outdated LGP tools is bound to have problems, and actually there is a GUI for lgp/unlgp tool here:
forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11680.0
This is a godsend and is so damn simple just place both lgp/unlgp in same folder and also put this program in the same folder then open up the .exe and then on it's self explanotory :)
Hope this helps and looking forward to your remodeling and good luck :D

Lionsmane

• View Profile
Re: Problems with lgp tools (stream read errors & more)
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-14 23:16:34 »
wow I dont know how I missed that front end thread. Thanks!
Working great!! Biturn is slower than Christmas though
« Last Edit: 2012-01-15 00:29:35 by Lionsmane »