Author Topic: (WIP) Final Fantasy VII Climhazzard (PSX Version) King Bomb & Carrot Vids added!  (Read 209057 times)

ff7rules

• View Profile
I agree with everything you just said what about 2 dark nations but rename them to other names sop it looks like there his two body guards? Also im thinking of giving rufus a limit break of his own that he uses after so many turns? what do you guys think?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
u mean like dyne does? that's be great! give him... angermax? lol call it... Rufus' Revenge (daddy died lol) or... Shinra Massacre lol oh these names suck haha

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
I agree with everything you just said what about 2 dark nations but rename them to other names sop it looks like there his two body guards?

Unfortunately, if you have more than one Dark Nation in the battle, their names must be the same.  There are only three spaces for enemies in one scene file, and the one with Rufus is already used up: Rufus, Dark Nation, and the helicopter (that Rufus uses for his great escape).

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
hey ff7rules! how's it going? how's the mod coming along?

ff7rules

• View Profile
hey ff7rules! how's it going? how's the mod coming along?

Ill admit progress is slow atm i now have my own game website and ontop of that i have a new job so its gonna be difficult to find time for this but i will.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
haha, thats cool... there's no rush cuz if u rush it, it wont be like u want it to be.. take ur time and we will have our patience. i just know the mod will be AWESOME! dont worry ur doing good, no ur doing great. well keep up the great work  :-D

ff7rules

• View Profile
haha, thats cool... there's no rush cuz if u rush it, it wont be like u want it to be.. take ur time and we will have our patience. i just know the mod will be AWESOME! dont worry ur doing good, no ur doing great. well keep up the great work  :-D

Thanks for the kind comment i promise i will have a "little" something tonight it won't be anything huge though.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
One more idea from me, if you're interested.  A boss who uses the following attacks:

Level 2 Confusion
Level 3 Dual
Level 4 Break
Level 5 Death
A standard physical attack so that it isn't completely helpless against characters whose levels are prime numbers.

By going into the battle with characters at certain levels, you can have a really hard battle or a really easy one.  The choice is up to the player.  Inspiration came from the Esper Zalera in Final Fantasy XII, who used similar attacks during the battle against him.

zer0x4

• View Profile
no rush but how is it coming along?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
i just had to bring this thread back on the 1st page... lol jk, but i cant wait for this mod to be finished! i like to challenge myself  :-)

warbaque

• View Profile
How easy is it to add new random encounter either for PC or PSX version.

For example some island that has only Emerald weapon as a random encounter.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
I have no idea how it can be done on the world map.  Anywhere else, you'd have to extract the flevel.lgp and edit the encounters in whatever file you want with Meteor.  For finding out what the codes are for the encounters, extract the scene.bin with Scene Reader and find the scene with the monsters you want.  You can view the encounters with Scenester.

For Emerald Weapon, the encounter is 986.

(Edit: The above is for the PC version.  I've never worked with the PSX version before)

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
I have no idea how it can be done on the world map.  Anywhere else, you'd have to extract the flevel.lgp and edit the encounters in whatever file you want with Meteor.  For finding out what the codes are for the encounters, extract the scene.bin with Scene Reader and find the scene with the monsters you want.  You can view the encounters with Scenester.

For Emerald Weapon, the encounter is 986.

(Edit: The above is for the PC version.  I've never worked with the PSX version before)
Meteor doesn't work with the PSX files, they are different :(

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
hey ff7 rules, how goes the progress?  :-)

zer0x4

• View Profile
im starting to think were never gonna see this
« Last Edit: 2009-06-06 05:16:37 by zer0x4 »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
dont think like that! ff7 rules wants and plans to finish it! just have patience and it will come ...

ff7rules

• View Profile
im starting to think were never gonna see this

SORRY! i haven't been on for so long! This project i will admit is going really really slow and i could do with some help, i now have a full time job and im just struggling to find time for this im gonna do my best this week to get something together.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's good to hear that you're going to keep on with this  :-)

And what kind of help do you need?

ff7rules

• View Profile
It's good to hear that you're going to keep on with this  :-)

And what kind of help do you need?

Hey KM long time no speak lol. Just help with scripts and battles really. I wanted to make this the ultimate ff7 experience, thought about adding elements to each character like strength and weakness, diologue to enemy s which will give them more character and about 15 extra battles so itll last people untill the ff7 remake is announced because its gonna happen question is when. Also making the game alot harder for vets and really to give people like GarlandtheGreat who has completed ff7 35 times one more reason to play it again.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Maybe the AI modding additions to WallMarket and ProudClod will come in handy?

I don't know of any ways to make characters strong or weak against certain elements, but it might be possible with AI editing. In any case, there are some interesting ideas being thrown around in the Proud Clod thread that could help anyone making a hardcore mod...

And as for adding dialogue, it's not hard (although it is slightly tedious) if you have a program called fftext. It lets you transliterate to and from the FF7 text encoding system.

In any case, it will be really great if we have a hardcore mod for the PSX version, since that's the one most people have and it's very hard to come by the PC version these days.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-10 16:49:18 by Kudistos Megistos »

ff7rules

• View Profile
prodclod thats new to me! will have alook thanks! i have a few more ideas but im not sure if im gonna go through with them yet.

zer0x4

• View Profile
so whats new?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'd also like to hear some more on this; it's about time the PSX version had a hardcore mod, and it's one of the few mods that can work just as well on both PC and PSX  :wink:

Also, parts of my last post are outdated because Proud Clod can now make battle dialogue much more easily.

ff7rules

• View Profile
You will hear more on this soon i promise im so glad someone revived this because i really lost hope for it.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Don't worry, there'll always be demand for a PSX hardcore mod  :-D

It's just that, well, there have been a huge number of graphics mods recently and every thread that isn't getting several posts a day gets bumped off page 1 very quickly.