Author Topic: (WIP) Final Fantasy VII Climhazzard (PSX Version) King Bomb & Carrot Vids added!  (Read 208978 times)

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
well, maybe you could have friends or people on here help with editing just the random encounters and standard monsters? again, i'd offer help, but i dont do things like that well, unless i could learn myself or someone wanted to teach me xD but im a hard/annoying person to teach.

ff7rules

• View Profile
well, maybe you could have friends or people on here help with editing just the random encounters and standard monsters? again, i'd offer help, but i dont do things like that well, unless i could learn myself or someone wanted to teach me xD but im a hard/annoying person to teach.

Believe me, ive asked everyone I know for help but noone really cares enough (Which is fine by me) I thnik i am going to release two versions. A Beta and a full release. the Beta is quite close for Disc One.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
Well, in any case, I wish you extremely good luck in your endeavor. May the force be with you. xD

ff7rules

• View Profile
should i make this mod compatible with pc aswell?

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
It would be nice, then I wouldn't have to get an emulator up and running. But it depends on what you wanna do, and how much extra work would go into doing it.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Wouldnt be much work at all really, Plus it would be easier to test my mod. Just redone the Palmer battle to be more challenging.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
Well, if you feel like making it PC compatible, I would be more than happy to help in any way I can, (i.e. beta testing).

vareal

• View Profile
you know, an interesting thing you might want to look into is to add all those scenes that were deleted from the game. Like the scene on the highwind where they're all talking about cloud being a clone, and this one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y1k5Y6C_Pg&feature=related

Not sure if this would be difficult, or just out of the question, just a suggestion.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Ok people I would just like to announce 3 Things.

1. I am not dead (Last time I checked anyway).

2. I have worked on this for the week i have had off this project is NOT dead.

3. Beta tonight Folks! Disc 1 is finished!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
This is all good to hear, especially the part about disc one being finished. The first disc is over half of the game, so does that mean most of the work for the mod is done and you're on the home straight?

Also, it's nice to see the PSX version of the game getting so much attention nowadays. Since it's the version most people have, it should lead to more people getting into modding. ;)

Then again, recent posts on these forums suggest that might be a bad thing ;D

ff7rules

• View Profile
This is all good to hear, especially the part about disc one being finished. The first disc is over half of the game, so does that mean most of the work for the mod is done and you're on the home straight?

Also, it's nice to see the PSX version of the game getting so much attention nowadays. Since it's the version most people have, it should lead to more people getting into modding. ;)

Then again, recent posts on these forums suggest that might be a bad thing ;D

Yeah id like to say im on the last corner still got 40 Extra battles to add in yet and to test so its all coming along swimmingly. My goal is to be able to play this on my psp however im having problems getting to work on my psp for some reason it keeps crashing.

-Ric-

• View Profile
will disc 1 be fully playable?  ;D
rly looking foward to see ur work, ur patch will make me replay ff7 once again  :evil: :evil:

edit: and about the psp, i tried once to play a version with a tweaked kernel and it kept crashing everytime i entered a battle aswell... its probably a problem on the psp's emulator itself
« Last Edit: 2010-04-05 22:23:19 by Ganzaa »

sedef122003

• View Profile
I have completed Final Fantasy VII on my psp using popstation with no problems that I can recall so the problem is either the custom firmware you are using or more likely the changes you have made by modifying the game.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
You're trying to make this playable on the PSP?
If so, you are awesome! :D
« Last Edit: 2010-04-06 20:10:55 by drfeelgud88 »

ff7rules

• View Profile

I am and I have an update ive managaged to get it to play 100% but it means you cannot use a edited kernal.bin i have no idea why though.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
O

I am and I have an update ive managaged to get it to play 100% but it means you cannot use a edited kernal.bin i have no idea why though.
Cool!
If you get this, will someone show me how to install it? I don't really know how this stuff works - mods on PSP and such.

ff7rules

• View Profile
O

Cool!
If you get this, will someone show me how to install it? I don't really know how this stuff works - mods on PSP and such.

Well I havent managed to hack the psn version so im using my own discs converted to a psp eboot which means you need a hacked psp. Im getting a crash everytime i go to the menu when i use a modded kernal.bin

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Armorvil had the same issue. Modded KERNEL.BIN = unusable eboot.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Yeah but he managed to add stuff to the kernal in his hack ive played all the way through it on psp never crashes on the menu or battle did a few times in the field though which is werid

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
If only I knew how to do that on my PSP because I really wanna try this mod once it's complete.
Dang.  :D

idl12

• View Profile
 if your planning to mod your psp and your firmware is 6.20/6.10 then you're screwed for the moment(like me) far more if it's a 3000(Also like me) On topic: I can't wait for this, I got my hands on the psx version of this game just for this! ;D

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
3000 series PSP can be modded to some extent with the chickhen(?) mod. It allows you to use custom firmware from memory. Flash 0 and 1 are still unwriteable.

idl12

• View Profile
yeah but that's for firmware 5.03 I believe, if you've updated or were unlucky enough to get  a psp that came with 6.20(myself) then no cfw until further notice and if you try to downgrade a 3000 well.........

ff7rules

• View Profile
3000 series PSP can be modded to some extent with the chickhen(?) mod. It allows you to use custom firmware from memory. Flash 0 and 1 are still unwriteable.

Thats the method im using and it works great. Ok guys final touches and ill release a beta of disc one.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Mine's a 3000 serious lol.