Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837416 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.2)
« Reply #650 on: 2015-01-11 23:19:38 »
I'll see about getting those bugs fixed. I renovated the variables used by the mod a few weeks ago and it's likely I've missed one somewhere for the Junon Leagues. As for Gighee + Christopher, I fixed that recently (he was trying to use Cure2 instead of Cure3) but not sure if I added it to the hotfix patch yet. I'll update it just to be sure.

Love Buster is a tad unusual. I was messing around with status-defence ignoring attacks. They usually cause some odd effects.

Edit: Ah, plain forgot. I have to keep the .IRO up to date now as well. That definitely doesn't have the Christopher AI fix.

Edit2: Think I found the issue, about to fix it. Also forgot to respond to the Tifa Lv.4 Limit thing. It should be triggered by Tifa playing the piano, but there was a different problem in that area recently that's likely interfered with it. I'll get it fixed up, test it out, and make an update.

Edit3: The new files are currently being uploaded. It'll be the last large-scale update for v1.2 of the mod (hotfixes will still be maintained if any soft-locks or similar pop up) before v1.3 replaces it. I tested out Junon Leagues for a win/lose result and it seems to be okay now; I think the issue was that a loop could occur if the last bits of script for Wave 2 finished at a certain time during another script's cycle.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-12 01:27:41 by Sega Chief »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2015-01-12 02:00:17 »
@Sega Chief
I recall in your change log for v1.2 that you re-purposed the joke weapons into kills = power. Tried testing the damage for Nailed Bat using kill values between 768 and 5000 via save editor and there doesn't seem to be any change. Was wondering if you scrapped that idea or if it's using a different calculation from the old Death Penalty.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2015-01-12 02:33:37 »
Yeah, it was found that they didn't work properly. I've not decided what to do with them for 1.3; default option is to make them high-attack like they are in the vanilla game but they could also be given some kind of theme, maybe Holy-element, an early triple AP weapon with one slot, something like that to make them not just stand out but be viable options too.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2015-01-12 02:59:16 »
Yeah, it was found that they didn't work properly. I've not decided what to do with them for 1.3; default option is to make them high-attack like they are in the vanilla game but they could also be given some kind of theme, maybe Holy-element, an early triple AP weapon with one slot, something like that to make them not just stand out but be viable options too.
Actually, as it is, it still uses a damage calculation that affects Morph. When I first got the Nailed Bat, I noticed the Morph damage was very good. If you keep it like that, it'll see much use throughout later versions of the mod for purposes of Morphing bosses and such. I've also been meaning to ask you if an MP Attack weapon or materia was possible, something like what's seen in older FF games or in FF9. If you could apply that to the joke weapons, maybe with additional caveats, that would be amazing.

I personally think that an early triple AP slot would be redundant. The reward for players willing to stick to double AP weapons is already impressive.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-12 03:04:33 by Bowser9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2015-01-12 03:44:37 »
I did not know that they ignored Morph's damage reduction, that's a great theme for those weapons. I'll keep them as is.

There's already the Wizer Staff and Magic Hammer for damaging MP, but I could add a third option somewhere; maybe another spell and weapon for it. I'll boost up the Ghost Hands a bit too.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2015-01-12 04:31:10 »
There's already the Wizer Staff and Magic Hammer for damaging MP, but I could add a third option somewhere; maybe another spell and weapon for it. I'll boost up the Ghost Hands a bit too.
Whoops! I should have clarified. MP Attack in FF5 and 6 caused your attacks to become automatic crits at the expense of 10-20 MP per attack (Rune Axe, Rune Blade, Organix, Ragnarok, Light Bringer, Final Trump, and Punisher). MP Attack in FF9 caused your basic attack to expend 1/8 your max MP to deal 50% extra damage on the attack.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2015-01-12 04:42:22 »
Ah, right; could be tough, likely needs a hard-hack or character AI that can track your equipped weapon somehow.

cicadian

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2015-01-12 19:17:25 »
I updated this morning and no problems yet Haven't checked out Tifas LB quest, Junon League soft locking less, though It seems to happen if I spam START as fast as possible.

Oh yeah, that uh.. Brawler Rank fight with the Christopher and Gighee clone, Kill the horse first and after a few turns the person sits there and does nothing soft locking the game.
If it helps I remember seeing him use 3 attacks, a regular hit, regen, and deathblow

this is kind of fun bug testing

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2015-01-12 19:31:38 »
Heh, well I copied over Christopher and Gighee's AI to those two enemies. So I guess it stands to reason that the same problem would be there  :-X

As far as the Junon Leagues go, I reckon it's because the Main script that handles the button prompts runs on a loop in the background while the rest of the scenes play out (a variable flips which temporarily disables the commands). But if someone were mashing Start then I guess it can get 'caught' while it's transitioning over, even if it is just a split second. I'll experiment with some ways to buffer it and prevent it from happening.

cicadian

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2015-01-14 14:46:28 »
Was trying out Yuffie's sidequest, died, reloaded, left with this...
My save was outside of Wutai, can I fix this with a save editor?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2015-01-14 15:18:22 »
That's the save problem that can happen with different party leaders on the world map. Let's say you have Tifa as party leader, but Cloud is also in the party, his model will display on the world map. However, if you open the Menu and PHS him out, then save the game (without closing the menu), the game will load you at x0, y0 coords when you next load that save file because Cloud is no longer present when it recalls his last world map position for the save file.

If you add Cloud back into the party via a save editor, then it should fix the problem and you'll be loaded at the correct coords when loading the file. Otherwise, setting your position onto a Highwind screen and then talking to the pilot will put you in the Highwind for the world map so you can 'escape' the x0, y0. I've an idea for a fix which involves 'locking' Cloud and Tifa in the PHS if either Tifa or Cid are party leader, but it's not implemented yet.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-14 15:23:59 by Sega Chief »

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2015-01-14 20:05:44 »
It's better installing this mod before or after Reunion if I want both ?
Because I just installed NT Mod afrter Reunion and it owerwrited all the Reunion benefits( models, traductions, etc.. )
« Last Edit: 2015-01-14 20:14:25 by ManuBBXX »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2015-01-14 21:12:35 »
It's better to install NT first; it overwrites files rather than just inserts them. Then patch Reunion on top of it, and hope for the best.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2015-01-14 21:38:44 »
@ManuBBXX
Whenever R02 comes out, it'll be packaged with its own difficulty mod, so you'll have to be mindful of that as that will alter the battle.lgp file in a way that will most likely conflict with NT.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2015-01-14 21:50:49 »
Thanks Sega chief, I installed Reunion after NT and it appears to be ok.
I just fought the first 2 shinra soldiers, but is it normal they hit at 7 and die with just one sword hit ?
So okay, I used to playhardcore mod, but it seems as easy as original game.  :o

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #665 on: 2015-01-14 22:25:26 »
The Reunion and New Threat both alter the flevel.lgp, so I image there's going to be issues using installers regardless of the order they are installed. You may have fought one battle, but perhaps it's because one of the mods didn't alter that scene so it'll turn out okay. I can't image you'll run through the entire game without hitting any scenes that aren't altered by both.

If you wind up with problems later on, using 7H for at least one of them will be the only option since it's able to chunk the flevel into separate parts that won't interfere with each other.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2015-01-14 22:51:14 »
Thank you EQ2Alyza !
So if i run Reunion, and then play NT mod loaded by 7H it's gonna be ok ?
For the yarlson field textures, can I put them in mod/Reunion/field folder, or I have to load it with 7H too ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2015-01-14 23:28:32 »
The very first enemies in the game are 'MP Trainees'; they're identical to the MP enemy encountered everywhere else in the Reactor but have less HP so that they die in one-hit. Damage-wise, they hit for 23 on a front row character, and about 12 on a back row character, maybe a little less with their baton attack. This mod was specced so that hanging back in the back row with Sadness on isn't (hopefully) required. Because of that, you can hit harder with physical attacks, use Limits more often, and play more aggressively which makes play a fair bit faster.

But like Alyza said, there'll be clashes sooner or later; 7H is a safe way to combine mods and avoid those clashes. And like Bowser said, there's also going to be a difficulty mod attached to Reunion at some point which will definitely be incompatible with other mods that alter the scene and/or kernel.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2015-01-15 05:37:42 »
Thank you EQ2Alyza !
So if i run Reunion, and then play NT mod loaded by 7H it's gonna be ok ?
For the yarlson field textures, can I put them in mod/Reunion/field folder, or I have to load it with 7H too ?

For 7H we have come to the agreement to call the folder for textures simply 'Textures'. All the abstract names has ended into manual editing anyway. So Dan hasn't made his opinion on it I think he will still change the path to Reunion in the next release. Rename it simply to Textures and place all your files you want in it. I prefer to have them installed directly there instead to use them through 7H.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2015-01-15 07:42:29 »
Okay, so if I understand well( and I'm not sure cause my bad english comprehension ^^ ), when I installed Reunion, I rename Reunino folder to textures( the same as configured for 7H ), and all my battlr, field, magic, world... folders come in Textures folder, like before in Reunion.
And too, I can simply install and activate NT mod from 7H and play both NT and reunion

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2015-01-15 07:51:55 »
The retranslation wont work together with NT. Sega has to make an update for it. But the rest will work.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2015-01-15 11:58:49 »
Thanks Kaldarasha.
So with NT mod level of difficulty, there is no need to make a strategy of use a lot of magic / summon for beating ennemies ?
We can stay in front line instead of back line / sadness like we have to in hardcore mod

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2015-01-15 12:53:11 »
I have only played an early version of the mod and then only the bombing mission, but as much I have seen and read about it I would say it starts easy and the gets harder and harder without to become to unfair.

A small question by me is it possible to add an purple aura (like regen) on the character as long as a limit is executed?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #673 on: 2015-01-15 14:07:47 »
Okay, so if I understand well( and I'm not sure cause my bad english comprehension ^^ ), when I installed Reunion, I rename Reunino folder to textures( the same as configured for 7H ), and all my battlr, field, magic, world... folders come in Textures folder, like before in Reunion.
And too, I can simply install and activate NT mod from 7H and play both NT and reunion

Close. When you use the Game Converter from STEP 1 of the 7H tutorial, it creates a mods\Textures folder. So when you install Reunion, move everything from mods\Reunion to mods\Textures. Be sure to have the Aali Modpath pointing to mods\Textures when you setup the Workshop -> Settings, which I have written in the 7H tutorial as well.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2015-01-15 15:33:33 »
Thanks Kaldarasha.
So with NT mod level of difficulty, there is no need to make a strategy of use a lot of magic / summon for beating ennemies ?
We can stay in front line instead of back line / sadness like we have to in hardcore mod

Random fights were specced to be facing a front row party (no barriers) and to last only 1-2 minutes, max. Boss fights I aimed for about 8-12 minutes, against a front row team using Barriers. If you run into trouble, a back-row sadness team might fare better but there are certain bosses where this set-up could actually hinder you. The mod was built around being aggressive; most enemies have an elemental weakness or two and will be vulnerable to status ailments.