Author Topic: FF Tactics: Advance  (Read 3455 times)

Joey

• View Profile
FF Tactics: Advance
« on: 2003-04-16 07:11:10 »
Played? I hate the law system and the recycled sprites from FFT. Overall, it's a good and addictive game.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2003-04-16 10:11:00 »
:o ITS JOEY :o

What's it like / about then? I heard it was just going to be a dressed up remake of the old FFT game for the PS with a few little changes here and there.

... what you been up to Joey?

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2003-04-17 07:21:15 »
Yes. It's me. Back here as there is no one to talk to about FF stuff.

No it's not a remake. No one from the previous FFT is in there, although the world is called Ivalice. The job system has a major revamp. Everyone gets the same amount of AP. JP is only when you kill someone.

Cid is a durnken guy who in the world of ivalice becomes a general-judge. His wife is Queen Remedi, the villan of the game and son Mewt is a sickly guy who is Marche (the main character) 's little brother. The world got transformed into Ivalice because of a magic book that Mewt has.

if you think Remedi is ridiculos, there's more. A girl called Ritz and a guy called Babz. You gotta agree that Enix has made the names ridiculos.

The clans/species like FF11 are here: Humans, Moogles, Bangas, N'mous and Vieras. Moogles look more like rabbits now.

oglsmm

• View Profile
Joey???
« Reply #3 on: 2003-04-18 02:03:30 »
Wow even I remember you......

I never really liked Tactics...... although on the bright side I just bought a PS2 so I finally get to play FFX!

oglsmm

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #4 on: 2003-04-18 14:43:19 »
You should pick up a copy of Kindom Hearts after you finish FFX. And Xenogears...if you can find it. That one starts off real slow...but picks up steam as you get deeper.

Rubicant

• View Profile
Re: Joey???
« Reply #5 on: 2003-04-18 15:14:14 »
Quote from: OGLSMM
although on the bright side I just bought a PS2 so I finally get to play FFX!

I felt that FFX to be a little lacking and full of suckage. IMO The only reason why the game sold was because of the graphics. Prepare to be disappointed.

oglsmm

• View Profile
Doh! Don't tell me that.........
« Reply #6 on: 2003-04-19 00:56:32 »
I was really hoping to be "wowed" by the story..... it's be so long since I played a FF that i REALLY REALLY enjoyed...... oh well maybe I'll be expecting bad so it might seem better to me....

I'm actually playing through FF:Origins now....... I have to say I still LOVE Final Fantasy. That is probably the my favorite of the games..... I miss the old names and places though. But I really do like what they did with the music and graphics however.

Sorry if I'm not supposed to metion modchips......

On a side note I'm currently having a Magic 3.1 modchip installed into my PS2 and it's being a huge pain in the arse. We used the clip for it (v7 ps2) and it still plays all original games, but not ANY "backups" (PSX or PS2). Anyone else had any experience with this chip???

oglsmm