Author Topic: My resignation  (Read 13431 times)

PinkFloyd1965

• View Profile
    • http://syzygy.50megs.com
My resignation
« Reply #25 on: 2003-08-18 17:14:41 »
I've a feeling this would not have been anywhere near the big deal it was if avatars had been banned on Rubicant and Mofokubik for a month, or some other reasonable amount of time. The entire ordeal seems a bit childish to me. Compounded by the fact that all involved are apparently reasonable people, it seems even more juvenile.

In a nutshell, someone needs to swallow their pride. Either Rubicant and Mofokubik accept the punishment as reasonable, or Jari needs to admit to being immature in using his departure as an ultimatum (especially since he left anyway). It's no fun to watch intelligent people act like elementary schoolers.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
My resignation
« Reply #26 on: 2003-08-18 17:16:54 »
We are losing many of our giant members ... however, Jari is the first who left that officially. I remember some names of members who are beeing missed here at the moment: ficedula, seph 3d, phaeron and some of others...

However, as Qhimm said, we have to respect Jari's desision and hope that it at least is the right decision for him, since it the wrong decision for us...

But I've got to agree with Skillster, simply leaving us here is a kind of capitulation...

- Alhexx

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
My resignation
« Reply #27 on: 2003-08-18 17:27:32 »
Hey Jari you dont have to leave just because of that. If you really want to, take care, and i hope we'll be hearing from you again soon.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
My resignation
« Reply #28 on: 2003-08-19 03:32:23 »
Damn Jari.. I will totally miss you.. The way you tore through every argument with eloquence, and the way you always had a very valid point.. You are really one of the most intellectual members of the board.. In fact, you remind me much of Qhimm.. I think I have said this before that I really love the way you 2 handle things around here.. about the avatar thing.. Qhimm its your board.. No one has to come here if they don’t desire to.. Anyway.. I gotta run.. School starts tomorrow and I have to go see my semi-girlfriend.. In short, Jari I wish there was a way you would change your mind.. But if you don’t just know that I think you were a totally kick ass moderator, and I will miss you and your insight greatly.

Edea

• View Profile
My resignation
« Reply #29 on: 2003-08-20 16:53:09 »
This is terrible. I never thought I would ever see a day like this here. I may not post but I do visit more often than you think and Jari is one of the reasons I do(I like to know how everyone is :) ). I always viewed these forums as one of the most mature I've ever been to. Anyways Good Luck Jari with whatever you do. I'm gonna miss seeing you post.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
My resignation
« Reply #30 on: 2003-08-28 03:18:20 »
wow... a lots been going on since the last time i was on... sigh ><

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
My resignation
« Reply #31 on: 2003-09-22 18:40:33 »
:(
Sorry to see you go Jari. Another old schooler off the board...

When things like these happanes it makes me remember the good old days of forum-going...
Like when I was at school one day someone posted some 20 topics in Eidos's FFVII forum and I replied to them all.. took all lunch since the net was so slow.
And when topics would stay on topic till the original topic was all said and done, then desentergrate into flame wars and weird discussions... and best of all the moderators would either sit back and have a cigar or join in....
Its sad, there was a hell of a lot less n00bs and idiots on the net then, so things could run like that. Try that now and all you get is a 60 page flame thread with maybe 1/2 people tops amusing the heads.. where as back in the day some of those topics were topped with gold....
Some of the ones here were to good... not really for flames, but for random discussions. I really liked the way Qhimm (allthough the REALLY early ones, ones discussing the original FFVII Soundfonts enhancements, if I remember rightly, Soundfonts are what bought me here from Eidos, arent here since I think Qhimm lost all those topics when he changed the board system once... or something) has kept loads of the old topics about, even at the risk of them being bumped by idiot n00b #4543293.. its so nostalgic going though the old topics from back then and seeing how many words I didnt know how to spell then and how many I still cant smell now.

Oh well safe wherever ya are Jari. Hope to see you back one of these days when the forum dies completely and theres just like 2 or 3 people posting... heh. Like the Not Eidos Forums... that was brilliant.

Public: However dont worry. SirCanealot will not disapear off these boards for quite some time! No point in dissapearing for me really heh. Theres still a little discussion to be had here every now and again :)

Oh well there ends random rant #4828...

Sephiroth2000

My resignation
« Reply #32 on: 2003-09-23 23:37:54 »
Goddamn you.And don't delete your profile.I agree with Srethron with the fact that deleting your profile will leave nothing for us to remember you by and that deleting Jari's inputs will render most topics useless.Well...Se ya,Jari. :(  :weep:

Caddberry

• View Profile
My resignation
« Reply #33 on: 2003-09-24 02:56:58 »
Quote from: Sephiroth2000
Goddamn you.And don't delete your profile.I agree with Srethron with the fact that deleting your profile will leave nothing for us to remember you by and that deleting Jari's inputs will render most topics useless.Well...Se ya,Jari. :(  :weep:

I am going to ask a question.. I am not trying to be rude i am just curious or perhaps misunderstanding something.. Who the hell are you? It seems from your post that you know Jari or his absence saddens you.. so either you are an old member returning (which i doubt) or you are new and i have no idea why the hell you posted this..

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
My resignation
« Reply #34 on: 2003-09-24 03:05:27 »
He's new and seems to really like to post.
Dunno...

Sephiroth2000

My resignation
« Reply #35 on: 2003-09-24 19:32:36 »
I am a returning member(I used to come in over guest)and you are right...I do like mailing.  :wicked: While I was a guest,I saw that Jari was
ALMOST the only one who made sense. :-?

Jedimark

• View Profile
My resignation
« Reply #36 on: 2003-09-26 12:52:42 »
... hmm what a nice complement to the rest of the people on the board.

Caddberry

• View Profile
My resignation
« Reply #37 on: 2003-09-26 17:37:55 »
Quote from: Sephiroth2000
I am a returning member(I used to come in over guest)and you are right...I do like mailing.  :wicked: While I was a guest,I saw that Jari was ALMOST the only one who made sense. :-?

Alright i wasnt going to say anything else.. i was going to leave it at that and let it die.. but.. since mark decided to comment i will as well..

If you had come to these boards as often as you said you have you would know that statement you made is false.. there are many intelligent minds present here.. I'm not going to bother naming them.. but they know who they are and were..

You making that comment shows me that you probably know even less about this board than you claim to.. and i am sure you didnt make very many friends with that post..

jopfleger

To nori: we need help to contact Japanese communities
« Reply #38 on: 2003-10-01 10:42:27 »
Hello Nori,

As you can see, we seek to completely decipher the files compressed in the file scene.bin
(Final Fantasy 7).

It will be useful if we could allow to change the levels, the points of Helse, the points of Magic or even the others stats.
That could give a new youth to this still appreciated play.

You will find further info's at this forum, see "Tech-related",
Topic "FF7's .BIN Format Spec", and specially you could take a look at the message from:
"Post Nr.6, Fremen^SF Lv.0 Newbie"
"Joined: 30 Sep 2003   Posts: 1   Location: Reims (France)   Posted: 2003-09-30 06:29"

I think that the Japanese developers had to work on this subject before us.
I am persuaded that they have better information and that they published them.

The reason for which I call upon you is that we would like to contact the Japanese communities based in the USA.

Do you know such communities? Or can you give us specified information on this subject?

Thank you and greetings

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
My resignation
« Reply #39 on: 2003-10-01 11:00:21 »
mate this is not the place to discuss this, you can easily email nori or private message her by clicking on the pm button under her posts  :evil:  :x

jopfleger

My call to Nori.
« Reply #40 on: 2003-10-01 11:16:55 »
Thanks The Skillster.
I know that and it is also what I did.
I adressed myself to her directely.

I also thought, by this post, to call uppon the community of this forum. :D

vvalentine

• View Profile
My resignation
« Reply #41 on: 2003-10-01 12:13:12 »
:-?  :-?

Hmmmm, is it me or lately has a lot of people been joining, posting, and then leaving?

Not only that, but some of the posts they make sound corny, or make no sense what so ever (this refers to the posts made by the guy above me).

Edit:  The term "drive by posting" just popped into my mind.

jopfleger

Excuse me for my horrible mistake.
« Reply #42 on: 2003-10-01 13:52:39 »
Excuse me for my horrible mistake.
More especially while it was my first message.
I noticed too late that I had posted on the bad topic.
I believed to find me with the Tech-related forum.

It is always sad to see a member of the community leaving. Particularly if it's the moderator. I do not know all the last events. I do not know the reasons which oblige him to leave. But while reading what says Jari that makes me unhappy. Seeing somebody leaving is always a tearing.

I share the opinion of Alhexx:
"However, as Qhimm said, we have to respect Jari's decision and hope that it at least is the right decision for him, since it the wrong decision for us..."

Sephiroth2000

My resignation
« Reply #43 on: 2003-10-09 07:05:24 »
Quote from: Jedimark
... hmm what a nice complement to the rest of the people on the board.

*Scratches back of head innocently* :wicked: