Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496884 times)

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
Re: Improved and added unshaded characters
« Reply #175 on: 2013-07-20 21:21:00 »
It's incredibly easy to fix, just rotate the sword 180 on the Z axis and adjust the distance from his back if it moves it closer or farther out. Plus you only have to correct it on one model and just load it into every other sword wearing model. Probably take 20 minutes total.
;D Oh well, I was hoping it would be funnier and more complicated than that. So it won't affect my animation stance that no one likes except me?  :oops:

Edit: Hey, you know I bet he'd appreciate it if you would fix it for him. I don't want to do that... Kind of sick of Kimera at the moment, makes me nauseous.  :roll:
« Last Edit: 2013-07-20 21:27:33 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #176 on: 2013-07-20 22:48:50 »
Your animation wont be affected. Battle model looks great, just the field models with swords need adjusting. By the way, your battle animation actually isn't too bad, I like the extra movement you added, but what happened with his hands lol? If you fix it so his hands hardly move on the handle it'll actually be a pretty good battle stance.

Sure no problem, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/15wrybr10bu78dk/Updated_UMC2.7z

I did both the field and world models. Download is the whole package. (I took the download down since this is now in the Mod Manager and Unwrapped packages.)

« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 00:22:20 by cmh175 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2013-07-20 23:15:26 »
I did both the field and world models. Download is the whole package.
Freakin' sweet. Loving the assistance and I imagine Kaldy will, too. I'm just kinda hoping you didn't use the older Cloud field model from his post on the front page. He didn't move my update, which includes a newer Cloud he had sent me, which is somewhere on the last page or something. Also the Cloud field model normally doesn't carry a sword at all, although the new 7thwrapper will take care of the problems with the scenes where it would cause Cloud to be carrying a sword while laying on a bed and such things.

Your animation wont be affected. Battle model looks great, just the field models with swords need adjusting. By the way, your battle animation actually isn't too bad, I like the extra movement you added, but what happened with his hands lol? If you fix it so his hands hardly move on the handle it'll actually be a pretty good battle stance.
I misunderstood what the problem was, thank Lord it wasn't the battle model sword switched around, I think that woulda been a pain. Please let me explain about the animation lol. I wasn't trying to make it look like he's whackin' it lol, and you can't tell at all in game (I'm blind to it). Look maybe you can fix this for me, too, because I'm sick of working on Cloud's stance and you are wanting to learn animations (maybe?). The problem surfaces because of this: his waist bone is at an awkward angle in the original animation for this model. I'll prove it:

So I turned his waist to hide this issue, which bring his chest, arms and head all along with it. This is all fine and dandy, until you go to move the chest back. The arms stay where they were aligned with the waist. You then have to manually adjust the arms, sometimes frame-by frame, to get them to grip the sword again; it's horrible torture. They just do not want to look smooth. I almost had it fixed... and then I lost my work when Kimera crashed (which it rarely does if you don't go crazy with the Anti-Aliasing and stuff). So that's why it still looks like hes trigger happy with his sword. I didn't think people would notice it so much, the angle you're looking at it from and the distance makes a big difference. But of course I made a big gif of it and everyone's like, "that's obscene". lol... So please, if you wanna fix it for me before I get around to it, go for it. I won't be the least bit offended. I'm taking a break from Kimera atm is all. You could fix it np, it's honestly grunt work. The hard part is done, using the overlap last frame function will make the fix more pleasant, but it has to be done frame by frame without the propogate feature doing the other 18 frames for you.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-20 23:21:57 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2013-07-21 00:14:29 »
Yeah I see what you mean. It's not an angle you see much, but I've always hated that part of his hip sticking out. This is actually really good work.

Done and done: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sq7t1f0pb9mdn44/Cloud_Battle_Stance_beta3.7z

To be honest I didn't do much. I anchored the sword to his right hand and it cleared up the problem. I don't know how to do gifs though, so if you like the new animation I'll leave it to you.

~Also yeah I did use the download on the front page. I'm looking at UMC2.1 on page 7 now, is that right? Seems redundant now though if the field model doesn't wear the sword anymore. I'll fix the models that do, but I'm not sure what aaab.hrc is. Or how it's used.

~Ok so here is the updated UMC2.1. From what I can tell no field model that's used in the game wears the sword. I fixed aaab.hrc encase you guys use it for something, otherwise I just did the world model and that's it. If I missed any others just load the one from aaab.hrc. Why were the swords removed anyway?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hin88w35ato3nv8/UMC2.2.7z
« Last Edit: 2013-07-21 01:10:53 by cmh175 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2013-07-21 01:21:12 »
To be honest I didn't do much. I anchored the sword to his right hand and it cleared up the problem.
Ugh, Kaldarasha told me I was absolutely not to move the sword, or he won't put it away correctly. Maybe this was his way of torturing me. Have you tested him much with this animation you've uploaded?
~Also yeah I did use the download on the front page. I'm looking at UMC2.1 on page 7 now, is that right? Seems redundant now though if the field model doesn't wear the sword anymore. I'll fix the models that do, but I'm not sure what aaab.hrc is. Or how it's used.

Well, that's a good point he only sent me one without the sword I think maybe because he knew I would be sharing it with the HQ Models for Unconverted STEAM package. I don't like seeing Cloud on a bed sleeping with his sword it's just off-putting. There definitely other versions, even other versions with different costumes, of particular use to you might be the 1.61 package with the models all separated. The only field model I personally changed to not have a weapon in my release was Cloud, iirc.
~Ok so here is the updated UMC2.1. From what I can tell no field model that's used in the game wears the sword. I fixed aaab.hrc encase you guys use it for something, otherwise I just did the world model and that's it. If I missed any others just load the one from aaab.hrc. Why were the swords removed anyway?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hin88w35ato3nv8/UMC2.2.7z
I think maybe that model is the alternate young cloud he wants to use for a flashback. I'm pretty sure it functions correctly with the German Reworked flevel (which, coincidentally you can translate yourself with ToughScript). As far as the swords being removed... How many swords did I remove, anyway? My intention was simply to have the Cloud field model not have a sword on his back, unless we can pick and choose if he does or doesn't per scene (which we are now able to do, actually, but I'll wait til Kaldarasha sets that up for the package).
« Last Edit: 2013-07-21 01:24:25 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2013-07-21 01:29:59 »
I don't know what you mean by "put it away correctly". In the original animation the sword was actually stationary while his hands move around it, which caused the amusing visual. What I did now has the sword move with his right hand, as if he's holding it. It removes the obscene action and makes it look more like he's holding his sword. Also, it wont effect the other animations so it wont be a problem. I've done this with other Cloud models before and it works fine. 

That's an interesting an idea. Maybe there's a way to change models between when he lays down and stands back up. I personally prefer him wearing the sword, I've gotten pretty used to it now. He seems naked without it. Either way at least now you have an option for with and without the buster sword.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-21 01:33:45 by cmh175 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2013-07-21 02:29:16 »
I don't know what you mean by "put it away correctly". In the original animation the sword was actually stationary while his hands move around it, which caused the amusing visual. What I did now has the sword move with his right hand, as if he's holding it. It removes the obscene action and makes it look more like he's holding his sword. Also, it wont effect the other animations so it wont be a problem. I've done this with other Cloud models before and it works fine. 

That's an interesting an idea. Maybe there's a way to change models between when he lays down and stands back up. I personally prefer him wearing the sword, I've gotten pretty used to it now. He seems naked without it. Either way at least now you have an option for with and without the buster sword.
Well, giant facepalm. Thanks a million for fixing that up for me. I guess since I got the hands right there to the sword, anchoring it to the hand doesn't technically "move" the sword. I'm gonna work up a new G-rated gif of the final animation version. I think it's better to have collaboration on these things anyway. Animations are ridiculously hard and people are bound to need a break from working on them here and there, mostly for good lol. I don't really think changing Cloud's stance the way we did will affect his other animations much. At one point I tried to actually resize his waist bone to help with the problem and that was hilarious because his crotch would suddenly "grow" during weapon skills, lmao...
As to the technical explanation about "putting it away correctly", it's something about the win animation when he puts the sword away being affected if you move the sword much in some of the other animations. But obviously moving it such a small amount wouldn't be an issue... I'm kinda kicking myself I didn't try anchoring the weapon to the handbone once it was close, seems so obvious.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2013-07-21 02:36:17 »
Nope wont effect the other animations at all, I already checked. The changes that were made are solely to the idle animation. If you actually move pieces or change the bones though that'll definitely cause problems. Like when he "puts the sword away" during the victory animation. If you move the sword at all it'll end up going through him instead of resting on his back.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-21 02:39:30 by cmh175 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2013-07-21 05:36:54 »

That should at least be kid-friendly. Thanks to cmh175 for fixing the right hand! I didn't notice it was unsavory, I swear, lol.

My mirror for this: download Cloud battle stance add-on pack

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2013-07-21 05:42:22 »

That should at least be kid-friendly. Thanks to cmh175 for fixing the right hand! I didn't notice it was unsavory, I swear, lol.

My mirror for this: download Cloud battle stance add-on pack

You should also do a gif or screen shot of his other side or his back to really show off the change in his stance.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2013-07-21 05:54:46 »
You should also do a gif or screen shot of his other side or his back to really show off the change in his stance.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2013-07-21 10:39:34 »

Sure no problem, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/15wrybr10bu78dk/Updated_UMC2.7z

I did both the field and world models. Download is the whole package.

I ad it as an option to the installer, thanks.  :-D
« Last Edit: 2013-07-22 07:06:17 by Kaldarasha »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2013-07-21 21:10:09 »
It's done!

UM-ModelOverhaul.7z

You need the mod manager from iros.
Make a back up of your flevel.lgp (best is, you dump the text with Tough script before) and replace it with my flevel.lgp (and encode the dumped text to it).

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2013-07-21 22:10:50 »
You need the mod manager from iros.
Make a back up of your flevel.lgp (best is, you dump the text with Tough script before) and replace it with my flevel.lgp (and encode the dumped text to it).
I'm scared of this. The new gold chocobo will be getting the flevel to work.

Thank you so much for all of your hard work, Kaldarasha. FF7 is lucky to have such a dedicated fan and we are very lucky to have you around.

Edit: Mods Installed with 7thWrapper (click photos for larger res, if avail):

In this scene, Vincent's cape is blowing around like crazy and it looks absolutely stunning.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-23 01:30:13 by Template »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2013-07-22 07:30:31 »
Here are the unpacked files.
Wrapped--Unpacked-.7z
I honestly hoped it would work with the steam version...  :(
Maybe a later release of the wrapper will support it.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2013-07-22 08:32:32 »
Works fine, but.. The game require about 30 seconds now to start when the wrapper is on, and it breaks my the music in game.
Any solution ?
ps : I checked in the wrapper those 3 checbkoxes :
1 - New animation
2 - UM battle addon
3 - Unshadded models
« Last Edit: 2013-07-22 08:34:06 by ManuBBXX »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2013-07-22 08:34:07 »
This will be the first big mod released with the wrapper, so now I can test it, I will download it and see if I can work out why it is slow. Hope to have an update soon that will sort it out :)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2013-07-22 09:22:12 »
Works fine, but.. The game require about 30 seconds now to start when the wrapper is on, and it breaks my the music in game.
Any solution ?
ps : I checked in the wrapper those 3 checbkoxes :
1 - New animation
2 - UM battle addon
3 - Unshadded models

Do you have launched ff7music separately? I often had the problem to forget it myself.
Only open ff7music and launch the game with the wrapper.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2013-07-22 10:14:08 »
Works fine, but.. The game require about 30 seconds now to start when the wrapper is on

Hmm, I have downloaded the mod and tried it with the wrapper, and it does not take so long for me, it is only 1-2 seconds longer to start the game which is not so bad  :|

Has anybody else tried it and had problems with it starting slow?

I will add some more debug output to the next wrapper version so we can find out what is slowing your game down.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2013-07-22 11:26:00 »
Hmm, I have downloaded the mod and tried it with the wrapper, and it does not take so long for me, it is only 1-2 seconds longer to start the game which is not so bad  :|
I did not notice a delay. I expected to. But it never happened. This thing is smooth like butter from where I sit.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2013-07-23 01:24:58 »
The completed package is pretty awesome. I was using more HD looking models before, but they don't seem to fit the game as much, and they don't seem to be as stable as this mod package. I also like the authentic look these have. I'm not sure about the model manager though so I directly installed everything. I also like keeping back ups of my lgp files so re installations are simple anyway. So far there is one thing I noticed though, on Barrets field model the gun isn't straight. When he moves it'll show holes right now. Simple fix though, just needs to be rotated +5 on the Y.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2013-07-23 13:18:03 »
I want to try out this mod so bad, But my PC's mobo took a dump and i am waiting on it's RMA Grrr 10 more days too :(

Looks amazing by the way.

Quick question though, will this animation update break the Team Avalanche model? I'd assume no, but i just want to make sure

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2013-07-23 13:27:03 »
The field model animation will be fine. The battle animation is iffy though. Applying it to another model may require some adjustments. To correct the issues with Clouds hips his whole upper body turned with it, so everything from the lower chest up was adjusted. It may work on models that are at original height like the PRP and maybe TA,  but other models that have adjusted skeletons would require more work. Cant hurt to try, just keep backups.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2013-07-23 15:23:36 »
I want to try out this mod so bad, But my PC's mobo took a dump and i am waiting on it's RMA Grrr 10 more days too :(

Looks amazing by the way.

Quick question though, will this animation update break the Team Avalanche model? I'd assume no, but i just want to make sure
The animation .iro is specifically for field models only, AFAIK
The new Cloud Battle stance animation (which Kaldarasha quite clearly improved after my/cmh175 final edition.. looks perfected really) is most likely only gonna look normal on models that Kaldarasha's Cloud was based on (Hi-Res Cloud maybe and Weemus FMV model, not entirely sure)... and it is only included with the battle portion of the mod. My guess is that battle stance would not look normal on the TA Cloud battle model, but if you install the TA cloud battle model on top of this, it'l replace the battle animations anyway. The field animations, likewise, are tweaked for Kaldy's models, but I suspect they are much less likely to cause compatibility issues. I think they are mostly just revisions to Bloodshot's (incredible) Reanimated mod. 

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2013-07-23 17:38:10 »
The animations should look well with most every model, but the battle animations are stored within the battle addon.