Author Topic: Issue launching the game because of "code 5"  (Read 5843 times)

whiteben

• View Profile
Issue launching the game because of "code 5"
« on: 2019-09-13 00:09:40 »
I tried to do this

Right click the 7thheaven and set and set the compatibility to run as as administrator. apply and close.
Then find the FF7 exe you are using eg.. ff7_bc right click and set compatibility to run in 640x480.

But it doesn't give me the option to set compatibility to run in 640x480 and now the exe just crashes.

iDerek759

• View Profile
Re: Issue launching the game because of "code 5"
« Reply #1 on: 2019-09-13 00:48:01 »
Are you on Win10?

Koby

• Beyond the Grave
    • View Profile
    • Kametsu
« Reply #2 on: 2019-09-13 03:25:50 »
I've never seen anything not have the option.

I'm on Windows 10 and the option is there.

whiteben

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-09-13 13:44:57 »
Oh... Sorry! I didn't know that you have to click on the Properties option! I thought it would be like the steam launcher.
Still, it doesn't work. When I launch the game, the screen fades to black (as if it were starting) but then, it crashes. I tried both exes, ff7_bc and ff7 and neither seem to work

demanson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-09-14 13:59:08 »
post your APP.LOG and your FF7_GC.LOG and a screen shot of your mod set-up please.  Which difficulty you are playing in would help and which .exe your using and let us know which version of 7th heaven your using.

demanson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-09-14 14:08:08 »
Is the game installed in a non program files folder?  Is this a steam version of the game? did you at any time run a file integrity check thru steam? that would overwrite all changes made by the converter utility, if you ran ff7config again after the converter that can also mess things up, if you manually set a screen resolution that's not right that can crash the game as well.  post a picture of your Aali driver settings window all 4 windows.

whiteben

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-09-15 15:05:29 »
post your APP.LOG and your FF7_GC.LOG and a screen shot of your mod set-up please.  Which difficulty you are playing in would help and which .exe your using and let us know which version of 7th heaven your using.

Where can I find my PP.LOG and FF7_GC.LOG?

This is my mod set-up, I think...

Spoiler: show

I'm not using any mod for difficulty as you can see.
I'm using ff7.exe and I'm using the version 1.56 of 7th Heaven

Is the game installed in a non program files folder?  Is this a steam version of the game? did you at any time run a file integrity check thru steam? that would overwrite all changes made by the converter utility, if you ran ff7config again after the converter that can also mess things up, if you manually set a screen resolution that's not right that can crash the game as well.  post a picture of your Aali driver settings window all 4 windows.

Yes, it is. And yes, it is the steam version. And... no? I mean, I'm not sure what you're really talking about lol but I didn't use Steam for the game except for install it... I did, however... ran ff7 config in order to run in 640x480... which later I would find out that 7th heaven wouldn't work with that either.

Here's my screen resolution:

« Last Edit: 2019-09-15 15:14:01 by whiteben »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 2019-09-15 23:19:37 »
Where can I find my PP.LOG and FF7_GC.LOG?

This is my mod set-up, I think...

They're in the game folder. Use the Profile Details button to copy your mod setup. No one knows what options are configured in that screenshot.

Still, it doesn't work. When I launch the game, the screen fades to black (as if it were starting) but then, it crashes. I tried both exes, ff7_bc and ff7 and neither seem to work

"...the screen fades to black but then crashes..." Can you be more specific. Fades from what to black? What crash are you experiencing (window close without a message, "Oops..." crash, 7H client crash/message)?

whiteben

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-09-17 18:46:29 »
I just fixed it! I reinstalled the game and 7th Heaven and did just like they said about running it in 640x480.
Like I said, I used ff7 config exe and that's why I couldn't properly use 7th heaven. Thanks for the replies though.

demanson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2019-09-17 23:13:38 »
Glad it's fixed for you.

BiffaloeIII

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2019-09-20 18:41:41 »
Need some help with a problem.

I'm also having to use the 640 x 480 resolution workaround but it's causing some strange problems. I've tried this with all the mods deactivated and the problem still persists.
(apologies if the images don't display properly, I'm new to actually posting on forums)

https://i.imgur.com/Z0QuGzU.png
https://i.imgur.com/yACB1oK.png
https://i.imgur.com/hBZzkey.png

Also here's my ff7_opengl.cfg

window_size_x = 1920
window_size_y = 1080
internal_size_x = 3840
internal_size_y = 2160
preserve_aspect = off
fullscreen = off

mod_path = Textures

enable_vsync = off

linear_filter = off

music_plugin = plugins/vgmstream_music.fgp

transparent_dialogs = off

mdef_fix = yes

snowboard_framerate=60
highway_framerate=30
coaster_framerate=60
battleswirl_framerate=60

enable_postprocessing = yes

fancy_transparency = yes

show_fps = off

show_stats = off

compress_textures = no

texture_cache_size = 768

use_pbo = no

use_mipmaps = yes

use_new_timer = yes

movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

direct_mode = off

show_missing_textures = off

load_library = Multi.dll

Anyone know what might be up? Cuz I'm out of ideas.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2019-09-20 20:01:50 »
direct_mode = on

Also check that you're using the correct .exe file... it appears as if you have Menu Overhaul and/or Beacause activated.  If that's the case, your ff7.exe value should actually point at ff7_bc.exe

BiffaloeIII

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2019-09-20 20:48:17 »
I tried it with direct_mode set to on but nothing changed. I also don't have any menu mods installed at all so I don't think that's the problem.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2019-09-21 01:51:39 »
I tried it with direct_mode set to on but nothing changed. I also don't have any menu mods installed at all so I don't think that's the problem.
Ok, let's try it this way.

direct_mode = on

Once you've done that, take a screenshot of your \Workshop\General Settings\ window, and finally click the 'Profile Details' button, copy everything there and paste it into here.

BiffaloeIII

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2019-09-21 02:31:44 »
Removing the _ caused this error.
Also there's my settings, the paths are all correct and I've tried with both the ff7.exe and ff7_bc.exe.

https://i.imgur.com/B3PlHi2.png

And here's my profile

FF7 NT IRO
ID: 1f61e3e7-554a-407a-b549-a6c73b1d1cc7
Version: 1.5
gameplay = 1

chibi
ID: fcabf651-060f-496a-8436-3c618d966beb
Version: 0.21
fb = 1

Ninostyle - Battle Models
ID: ce7e85e5-3913-4d2a-8582-d7d725f33b3c
Version: 1.38
Cloud = 1
Barret = 1
Tifa = 1
Aerith = 1
Red XIII = 1
Yuffie = 1
Cait Sith = 1
Vincent = 1
Cid = 1
Sephiroth = 1
Jessie Mod = 1
Extras = 1

NinoStyle - Vehicles
ID: 9c6ad2e3-08e9-476d-ae96-dadc1e5bb88a
Version: 1.20
buggy = 1
chocobo = 1
highwind = 1
submarine = 1
tiny_bronco = 1

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2019-09-22 01:46:34 »
Ok, going to do a couple of things here, including asking some questions (and reminding you that direct_mode = on ;) )

- Where did the "chibi" mod come from, and what does it do?  I don't recognize it, and it didn't turn up with a quick'n'dirty search on Nexus, so I'm not sure if it's in the correct position as far as load order goes, or if it could be related to your troubles.
- Are those four the only mods you have running?  (I ask because your Cloud and Barret avatars look a LOT like the over-saturated ones from Remako)
- Did you previously use one of Sega Chief's installer versions of New Threat before adding in the v1.5 IRO?
- Did you previously use another mod (e.g. Reunion, Animations, or anything else that pops up a "Are you sure you want to run this" bubble) that affects the exe files?

Those last two are key... graphical corruption like you're seeing is almost always related to either a mod affecting the exe file without either proper IRO support, or a second (or even third, fourth, fifth....) IRO trying to alter a location, unaware that the first mod has moved it someplace else.  Finally, post up in the New Threat thread and ask for a hand in there a well.  I'll admit to not being nearly as well-versed in NT as I am with Reunion, mostly because it's such a moving target as Sega adjusts gameplay, balance, and other aspects of the mod.

BiffaloeIII

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2019-09-22 02:07:19 »
Alright, so

- The "chibi" mod is a currently in development mod by the same dude that made the nino style battle models that I'm trying to use. Here's a link. https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/4?tab=files
- Yes, those are the only four that I'm trying to get to work. I've tested each mod individually as well some other miscellaneous mods on their own and the problem persists regardless.
- Originally I used the standalone installer, but I uninstalled the game completely and reinstalled before attempting to utilize the mod loader. (I'm trying to use the mod loader so I can use the ninostyle battle models as well)
- The only mod that claims to change the exe is the New Threat mod.

I've since figured out that the Reunion menu mod kinda fixes the problem but the text boxes are still strangely formatted and some words are occasionally cut off.

I'll try reaching out on the New Threat forum as well.

BiffaloeIII

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2019-09-22 16:46:50 »
Quick update for anyone dealing with the same problem I'm having. The simple solution is to use ff7.exe not ff7_bc.exe.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2019-09-22 21:38:31 »
Quick update for anyone dealing with the same problem I'm having. The simple solution is to use ff7.exe not ff7_bc.exe.

In terms of which exe you should supposedly be using, it's all covered in step 3 on the 7th Heaven modding tutorial...
Since you are only running 4 mods without Reunion, yes, ff7.exe is the one you should have used from the get-go.

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2019-09-23 15:00:35 »
- Where did the "chibi" mod come from, and what does it do?  I don't recognize it, and it didn't turn up with a quick'n'dirty search on Nexus, so I'm not sure if it's in the correct position as far as load order goes, or if it could be related to your troubles.

chibi is what the NinoStyle field models pack is called, or at least that's what mine was called.