Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1836231 times)

jinrok

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #2450 on: 2013-03-22 10:16:55 »
haven't play FFVII with the bootleg since few month

Does the english to french translation has been fixed for the  digital version of FFVII from the square-enix website?

Cause last time the translate  wasn't working (even with or without the REtranslation)

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: 2013-03-22 13:42:21 »
haven't play FFVII with the bootleg since few month

Does the english to french translation has been fixed for the  digital version of FFVII from the square-enix website?

Cause last time the translate  wasn't working (even with or without the REtranslation)

Not sure on that you need to ask pit, also though have you run kramers convertor to change the re-release to the 1997 version I believe that tool is on the big list of mods that may help as well here is the link.         

http://www.mediafire.com/?yeacw1v0uf6d9av

There is also a french translation patch by square themselves you need to look it up on the mods list because it is a direct download.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: 2013-03-23 05:57:39 »
Hi jinrok,

Maybe you could also try out my GameConverter.

Then you could give me also the errors in the French translation, unfortunately I can not speak French.

If you want then use bootleg, please do not use the translate function.

username

• View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: 2013-03-29 20:15:45 »
I have no checkbox for Aeris Revival in bootloader.exe even hough I selected it in bootleg, so can I assume safely that it's still working?  I'm using the preset by EQ2Alyza found in this torrent; https://kat.ph/tifa-s-package-bootleg040-mods-t6955570.html (EQ2Alyza.bp).  I asked in the tutorial thread and got no response.  I'll ask in the FAQ too actually.

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: 2013-03-29 22:06:07 »
HI, is there a specific way to switch from the psf's to the remastered edition for hte music?
cause every time that i've tried it doesn't work and will even cut out the music altogether
i even tried it while installing bootleg but it never installs the remastered version
i would really like some help with this cause i would love to hear the Remastered version while in game
thanks in advance :D

Squall_1904

• "As long as I have my sword..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: 2013-04-03 22:01:36 »
Hi there. It looks like nowadays for some reason the cache is automatically deleted when I quit FF7. (yes I do have "compress_textures = yes" on the ff7_opengl)
But I would like to keep the cache folder after quitting the game. I do know about deleting the cache folder before trying a new installed mod and such.
Is there any way to preserve the cache after quitting the game, just like it was a long time ago? I have a slow processor so that could save me a lot of time every time I play, without watching the game break everytime it needs to save the cache. :/

I think "Added Clean Up of Cache and Remix Artifacts" and "Updated and Optimized OpenGL Mods Folder Generation" (thus since Bootleg 0035) may have something to do with it?
« Last Edit: 2013-04-03 22:08:23 by Squall_1904 »

nobuyuki

• View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: 2013-04-09 11:24:59 »
link ReTranslation M05c MO.exe invalid, where I can download it??

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: 2013-04-10 03:28:37 »
After waiting so long I had to find out on my own I had to disable the use of both pbo and vbo in the ff7_opengl.cfg
I guess it's like talking to a wall (Squall's words) asking nice and gently if there are any gameover screens I can replace for the old "tape-like" one, is there?
And yes, of course I searched the site by the way.

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: 2013-04-18 15:48:34 »
Hello , thanks a lot for the videoguide... i already downloaded and installed the game but i got a problem ... after install and start the game using the ff7bootloader the game dont answer me  freeze it here: http://sadpanda.us/images/1542378-6HRNFUT.jpg

Do i need to configure the commands or something because im pressing all the keyboard buttons and dont work ... can you explain me please. I really wanna play the game with the awesome mods.

I NEED HELP

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2459 on: 2013-04-19 03:03:40 »
Numlock keys are used for default controls
if your keyboard doesn't have them, well

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: 2013-04-19 12:00:50 »
thanks for ur answer, i already fix it :)

blackeyed

• View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: 2013-04-26 00:31:46 »
so crazy...16 years after FF7 release... there are still so many guys working on it and improving it.....good job!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #2462 on: 2013-04-26 01:58:43 »
Isn't that amazing? We need more programmers modelers designers so please spread the word ;)

tatdathn

• View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: 2013-04-27 16:13:03 »
Blue Counter Numbers Erro,

i can't see Number Counting, i only see 1/5 number.

Plz how fix it

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2464 on: 2013-04-27 23:36:28 »
Blue Counter Numbers Erro,

i can't see Number Counting, i only see 1/5 number.

Plz how fix it

I have temporary fix for you. The counter box won't align perfectly with the dialogue box, but it will be visible enough to continue. Be very precise with these directions. If you're confused before trying, then ask first. Doing the wrong thing here can cause the entire game to not work properly.

1. Create a folder called "MO" in your game installation folder.
2. Copy a ff7.exe (v1.02) into the MO folder: http://ffsf.aaron-kelley.net/downloads/ff7_1.02.zip
3. Copy a CLEAN flevel.lpg into the MO folder. You should find it in /data/field/flevel.lpg.bak0 -> rename it to flevel.lpg after you copy into the MO folder.
4. Install MO.exe (MO5c) directly to the MO folder with the same options you selected from Bootleg. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Kl04es5qkqQnk1QnhmbVhKejg/edit
5. HexChanger 1.0 will state that it can't find a .bin file. Hit Ok, close the HexChanger tool, and MO.exe will continue. Ignore and close the text file that pops up.
6. Copy/overwrite ff7.exe from the MO folder into the game installation folder
7. Rename /data/field/flevel.lpg -> flevel.lpg.bak1
8. Copy flevel.lpg from the MO folder to /data/field/flevel.lpg

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: 2013-04-28 14:58:28 »
I don't know if this is the same problem that was written above, but when I'm at the Shinra Mansion and have to input the combination lock, I can't see the numbers at all. It's like I can see only a partial of them but not enough to know what number it is.
Well I don't want to get out of there without getting Vincent, so I guess I must say I'm stuck here with this.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: 2013-04-28 19:07:45 »
It's the same problem. Follow the steps above to fixing the Mansion Safe (...and Junon Parade, Gaea's Cliff, Rocket launch, etc...).
« Last Edit: 2013-04-28 19:10:01 by EQ2Alyza »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #2467 on: 2013-04-29 16:38:14 »
I have a question about bootleg and FF7 that no one else seems to have reported having. I ran bootleg just fine using EQ2Alyza's Tifa bootleg directions with the 2012 rerelease and it worked great. The only issue I'm having is the backgrounds are really unclear, not the crisp graphics I'm used to. Originally I played the psx version, so I don't know if it's just a difference between the two, but the buildings and everything look very washy and you can see a lot of their pixels. I don't have a copy of the APP log at this moment but my settings are pretty simple: bootleg textures and avalanche overhaul, and on the game launcher I set the resolution to 1920x1080 and unchecked preserve aspect ratio (didn't help with it on), complex shader and put the setting to DXL (shader option, whatever it was called) to 420. If it makes any difference I'm using a EVGA 660ti card plugged into a 36in HD tv using hdmi. Is it the mere fact I'm trying to play an old game on such a large screen with much higher resolutions, or am I missing a setting? Otherwise it's amazing and you guys have done incredible work.

On further inspection it seems the game running without bootleg mods looks the same background wise. Does anyone have any ideas? I miss the awesome visuals the reactors and all the little towns have. I can post a screen shot later if anyone would like to see what I'm talking about.

edit: picture of the issue. Not the best but you can see how cloud looks fine, but everything around him is pixelated and washy.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1267/image2r.jpg
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/348/image3ic.jpg
« Last Edit: 2013-04-29 16:48:53 by cmh175 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: 2013-04-29 17:09:24 »
The characters are models, rendered in realtime, and can be run at the screen's native resolution. The backgrounds are pre-rendered images, though, which means they need to be stretched out to display, which causes pixelation. The only reason you never noticed this in the original is because the playstation runs at such a low resolution that everything looked like this, but it wasn't really noticeable (not to mention, the CRT televisions of the '90s made things a bit blurry, which did a good job at hiding this).

The best solution is to make completely new backgrounds. Team Avalanche is working on that, but it's nowhere near done yet; it takes a long time and a lot of work for each individual screen.

A less good, but much faster solution that's already been done is to upscale the old backgrounds. Omzy's FFVII Field Pack (which might be included in Bootleg, I don't know for certain) does this, to varying success. It's obviously not as good as completely remade backgrounds, but it might be enough to hold you over until newer backgrounds are made.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: 2013-04-29 17:23:27 »
...complex shader and put the setting to DXL (shader option, whatever it was called) to 420...

I'm confused what you mean by this.

All my videos use FacePalmer field textures. Run BFE.exe again with FacePalmer as your Field Textures option. I don't know if you downloaded my torrent pack or if you did individual downloads, but if you did individual downloads, use FacePalmer.zip + FixedLightingTexturesPART1.rar + FixedLightingTexturesPART2.rar + FixedMissingFiles.rar + FixedSpecialCases.rar. So long as those 5 files are present and green, you don't need to download Omzy'sFF7FieldPack.zip because they are the same thing.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-29 17:26:33 by EQ2Alyza »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: 2013-04-29 17:26:59 »
I combed through all the files and stuff while picking out my bootleg settings to see what everything does and became pretty familiar with all of them, I don't think the field pack is included. That's a great solution for now. Doesn't necessarily have to be perfect, but for example the path on MT. Nibl can be hard to make out right now. The Team Avalanche project sounds awesome and like it'll really bring the game into this generation, but this should definitely work fine in the mean time. I'll post the results later for anyone else who may have this issue. Thanks a lot for your help.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: 2013-04-29 17:28:38 »
I don't think this is an "issue" with Bootleg, but rather a user error when installing. It happens all the time  :P

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: 2013-04-29 17:48:20 »
I'm confused what you mean by this.

All my videos use FacePalmer field textures. Run BFE.exe again with FacePalmer as your Field Textures option. I don't know if you downloaded my torrent pack or if you did individual downloads, but if you did individual downloads, use FacePalmer.zip + FixedLightingTexturesPART1.rar + FixedLightingTexturesPART2.rar + FixedMissingFiles.rar + FixedSpecialCases.rar. So long as those 5 files are present and green, you don't need to download Omzy'sFF7FieldPack.zip because they are the same thing.

I downloaded everything straight from the torrent so everything's green and those files should be there. After the installation I actually loaded your preset file first, but the backgrounds always looked the same. I'm out right now so I'm pulling all this from memory so I don't remember every setting. I think I tried the facepalmer texture but I'll check again, may have been that one combined with a few others. I'll try that again before the Omzy's field pack and let you know if that worked or if I had to try Omzy.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: 2013-04-29 17:54:14 »
I don't think this is an "issue" with Bootleg, but rather a user error when installing. It happens all the time  :P

Oh I definitely don't disagree. I work in IT and do custom pc and server builds, so I'm very used to user error. I wouldn't be surprised if I've missed something.   

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: 2013-04-29 18:50:23 »
Oh I definitely don't disagree. I work in IT and do custom pc and server builds, so I'm very used to user error. I wouldn't be surprised if I've missed something.

I'm glad you have experience with it. It makes explaining the obvious feel less bad on my part :)

You can always manually install them as well. Just extract the 5 files I mentioned into /mods/Bootleg/field.

Be aware that when you extract FacePalmer.zip, it has a single folder called field. Inside that folder are hundreds of other .rar files, so it's best to extract the field folder somewhere temporary first, then extract all its .rar files into /mods/Bootleg/field. Lastly, extract all the Fixes into mods/Bootleg/field.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-29 18:52:19 by EQ2Alyza »