Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 PC Mod pack  (Read 4422 times)

Szuwar

• View Profile
Final Fantasy 7 PC Mod pack
« on: 2019-02-04 20:10:31 »
Hello
Is there possible to upload someone's Final Fantasy VII modded game files?
I know there are a lot modifications like game with Advent Children models etc.
I am not good with computers so huge list with mods and so many tutorials  scares me, so I just thought about possibility to download modded version of the game and just replace files.

If it is silly question I apologize.

Good night

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Final Fantasy 7 PC Mod pack
« Reply #1 on: 2019-02-05 01:15:49 »
Your question makes me think you didn't read the site rules, please take a few moments to read them.

For most mods you can use a combination of the "mod path" and "direct mode" options of Aali's driver. Mod path allow the driver to load better hi res pngs for any texture in the game so most things will work with this. And direct mode will let you create a folder 'direct/battle' for example and you can then put any files that should be put into battle.lgp here and they will be loaded in place of the archived version. With these two you can do almost all the visual mods with very little effort.

opengrip

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 PC Mod pack
« Reply #2 on: 2019-02-06 07:20:34 »
Hello
Is there possible to upload someone's Final Fantasy VII modded game files?
I know there are a lot modifications like game with Advent Children models etc.
I am not good with computers so huge list with mods and so many tutorials  scares me, so I just thought about possibility to download modded version of the game and just replace files.

If it is silly question I apologize.

Good night

Its not a silly question at all but within most modding communities they do usually have rules which protect modders from having there works ripped or not credited etc... this is good for the modders but not as much the people using the mods as it requires more setup... The team I am working with "Tsunamods" is working on a full mod which will cover the full game for this very reason... It will be easy for people who want as much of a vanilla upgrade as possible. Unfortunately its just not 100% finished yet but do keep your eye on the forums.