Author Topic: [FF7] Qhimm Catalog 3.0 Reports / Requests  (Read 317638 times)

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7] Update Reports and Mod Requests
« Reply #100 on: 2016-01-01 08:44:36 »
This will now be the place for me to post updates and for anyone to make a mod request they'd like to see for future updates.

I have updated the OP with everything I'm currently finished or working to finish. I so much wanted to release Catalog 2.0 for Christmas, but it was too difficult around such a busy time with the holidays. I am doing my best now to release in the next 24 hours for a New Years gift. I'm so close, so hang in there and hopefully we can all enjoy a bug free or near bug free experience with the update :)

That is alright. There is other stuff to do (  / play ) and real life is more important than this.

Tamachicken

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2016-01-01 11:25:06 »
This will now be the place for me to post updates and for anyone to make a mod request they'd like to see for future updates.

I have updated the OP with everything I'm currently finished or working to finish. I so much wanted to release Catalog 2.0 for Christmas, but it was too difficult around such a busy time with the holidays. I am doing my best now to release in the next 24 hours for a New Years gift. I'm so close, so hang in there and hopefully we can all enjoy a bug free or near bug free experience with the update :)

This is great news! While I'm sure we're all eagerly awaiting it, don't push yourself too hard. It's new year's day for flip's sake!

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2016-01-01 15:35:51 »
Do you think you could hold off on a release till Sega Chief updates his New Threat Mod to 1.4.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #103 on: 2016-01-01 15:54:14 »
There's no need to hold off because 7H has a patch feature. When 1.4 is released, I can create the patch and all you will need to do is click the Patch button in the Catalog tab.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2016-01-01 18:29:39 »
There's no need to hold off because 7H has a patch feature. When 1.4 is released, I can create the patch and all you will need to do is click the Patch button in the Catalog tab.

Now that is sweet, great work young lady really good work.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2016-01-01 18:33:37 »

Just have some short work left on Red Werewolf, Were XIII, and Sephiroth Story Mod, then it's xml edits and uploading. Too tired to continue tonight. Back at it tomorrow 8-)

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2016-01-01 18:41:26 »

Just have some short work left on Red Werewolf, Were XIII, and Sephiroth Story Mod, then it's xml edits and uploading. Too tired to continue tonight. Back at it tomorrow 8-)
Thanks Alyza.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2016-01-02 15:36:43 »
Aries revival mod has been terminated, bugger that was a supremely great mod also useful for the harder difficulty gameplay mods  :-( >:(

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2016-01-02 17:58:05 »
It was made way back in the stone age, before we had a lot of the tools we use for modding now a days. This made it near impossible to use our current tools to patch it to be compatible with other mods. The mod author recently stated this and said they won't ever return to it for any updates, so by request, it needed to be retired. Nightmare 7 and New Threat mods took Aeris Revival and fixed/added it properly to their mods, so it can still be played through them.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2016-01-02 20:40:02 »
It was made way back in the stone age, before we had a lot of the tools we use for modding now a days. This made it near impossible to use our current tools to patch it to be compatible with other mods. The mod author recently stated this and said they won't ever return to it for any updates, so by request, it needed to be retired. Nightmare 7 and New Threat mods took Aeris Revival and fixed/added it properly to their mods, so it can still be played through them.

Thank you very much for that insight, I guess like everything age takes it toll. Glad to see it implemented in the new threat mod.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2016-01-02 20:58:57 »
hey

will the sephiorth mod on the 1.4 release of 7th heaven have a auto install on it

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2016-01-02 22:59:33 »
Thank you very much for that insight, I guess like everything age takes it toll. Glad to see it implemented in the new threat mod.

Nightmare 7 used Espio's mod directly I think, but the one in NT was made from scratch (I think the Aeris Revival mod had a unique sidequest in it, and the dialogue will undoubtedly be different); Espio recently let me use the new animations they'd made for Disc 2/3 though which helped with a lot of tricky scenes needing unique animations like the Corel Train and the final descent.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2016-01-03 03:11:14 »
Also is the reunion mod going to be compatible with the latest version of 7th heaven.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2016-01-03 04:07:18 »
hey

will the sephiorth mod on the 1.4 release of 7th heaven have a auto install on it

1.4 is the version for the next New Threat mod. 2.0 is the next version of the Catalog. I know what you meant though :)

The Sephiroth mod is added into the next 2.0 Catalog release. There will be no "auto install" feature. You just have to download the Gameplay - Difficulty and Story category from the Catalog, then select Sephiroth Story mod from it.

Nightmare 7 used Espio's mod directly I think, but the one in NT was made from scratch (I think the Aeris Revival mod had a unique sidequest in it, and the dialogue will undoubtedly be different); Espio recently let me use the new animations they'd made for Disc 2/3 though which helped with a lot of tricky scenes needing unique animations like the Corel Train and the final descent.

Ahh gotcha, well then I guess it's even better that we now have two versions of Aerith staying alive to play with :)

Also is the reunion mod going to be compatible with the latest version of 7th heaven.

Yes, although currently it will only be Beacause and Menu Overhaul features added into the Catalog. I will have to look at R04 to see what else we can do with it, but I believe that's going to get rid of Menu Overhaul and stick to Steam compatibility mostly? Don't worry, if there are any mod requests after the 2.0 Catalog release, I can look into them for 2.1 patches.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2016-01-03 08:38:31 »
YASSSSS Reunions beacause&MO + 7H just answered my biggest q and made my dream come true! Thank you Yuffie here's some change fer yer pockets (disappears under a ton of materia). Long live the Queenalyzah, show me the donate button, shove me money into yah pockets en lemme play! :-) (-: ^_^ ^o^ (^_-) (^o^) <3

So are we there yet are we there yet are  we there yet are we there yet are  we there yet are we there yet are  we there yet are we there yet are  we there yet are we there yet? B-)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2016-01-03 09:02:11 »
Hehe, yes we're almost there. The Sephiroth Story mod is a bit tricky to compile, so I'm working on that. Then it's packing up everything into IROs, uploading, and writing out the new Catalog subscription :)

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2016-01-03 09:51:24 »
Hehe, yes we're almost there. The Sephiroth Story mod is a bit tricky to compile, so I'm working on that. Then it's packing up everything into IROs, uploading, and writing out the new Catalog subscription :)

http://img.memecdn.com/ermahgerd_o_747378.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e6/1e/f0/e61ef0136ad2cfae3e523ffa8a03bf34.jpg

http://www.wannasmile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/b7f0dd0d81f728069f137513c7be12ec.jpeg

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i52/5/7/23/frabz-ermagherd-pernert-berrter-ba452e.jpg

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i54/5/10/8/frabz-Ermahgerd-Bernerner-8417f7.jpg

Counting hours and days.till that historic moment. (prays)

PS is it possible to use waifu gfx pack, to make it into iro instead of omzy/facepalmers? Or incorporate /replace that with waifu within gfx iro? I managed to use it with 7H + Reunion combo but now that you will implement the most important parts of reunion, im not clear how that will work?

Or is there a tutorial on it? Sorry if i missed it, don't remember seeing anything like it around.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-03 10:00:43 by lionheart82 »

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2016-01-03 10:01:27 »

In all seriousness is there a way we can donate, because seriously you deserve it.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2016-01-03 10:39:16 »
In all seriousness is there a way we can donate, because seriously you deserve it.
Agreed especially since your rushing to finish it when no one is beating you to it or paying. Basically it would just feel as if im paying steam for a dlc, a few dollars is nothing for me/us but a palpable pay for you in other ways than just words.

Tamachicken

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2016-01-03 16:48:01 »

I would be more than happy to donate. Alyza, you're doing great work here to revitalize and rejuvenate a game that is dear to many people, and you do it in your own time. Nearly all of us have no idea how to do any of this, but wish they could help in some way.

It's certainly something to think about. It wouldn't need to be obtrusive on the 7th heaven tutorial page, just a small link that registered members can see?

Thanks again for all of your hard work, you're making many FF fans very happy!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2016-01-03 18:04:12 »
I'll make a donation link when I post the next update. In whatever way it comes, I appreciate the support :)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2016-01-03 18:39:57 »
The only issue I see with donations which could be highly unlikely is possibly some modders taking issue with getting money from what they make even though that is not what this is about.  Again highly doubt they maybe something to think about possibly.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2016-01-03 19:18:41 »
I think this a case of "credit where credit is due" with the people wanting to donate. I'm, in no way, accepting donations for the work of the mods themselves. I was only seeing it as donations for my time given to learn the tool and, at the same time, giving back what's learned from that time to the public. I don't want to imply that I'm above others though, so please go easy on me if this bothers anyone.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2016-01-03 19:54:53 »
You definitely deserve it as much as Iros for his great tool.

Tamachicken

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2016-01-03 20:10:06 »
I think this a case of "credit where credit is due" with the people wanting to donate. I'm, in no way, accepting donations for the work of the mods themselves. I was only seeing it as donations for my time given to learn the tool and, at the same time, giving back what's learned from that time to the public. I don't want to imply that I'm above others though, so please go easy on me if this bothers anyone.

I think everyone will agree with you. Credit is given for each mod in the tool - I can't see anyone misunderstanding.