Author Topic: Team Avalanche and Aali's Graphics Driver 0.8.x  (Read 5813 times)

Team Avalanche and Aali's Graphics Driver 0.8.x
« on: 2014-05-08 05:18:45 »
So, as most of you probably know, Aali removed "external" (internal?) texture support from 0.8.0. (As in, the "mods" folder works, but hi-res textures inside LGPs don't.) This, unfortunately, breaks the Team Avalanche hi-res textures mod. Is there A) Any plans to re-release the mod as PNG textures that can be placed in the "mods" folder? or B) any easy way to extract the TA textures from the TA installer, convert to PNGs, and use with the "mods" folder?

(I have mentioned this incompatibility both in Aali's thread and in one of the Stickies in this section, but have not received any reply, so I decided to start a new topic for it.)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: Team Avalanche and Aali's Graphics Driver 0.8.x
« Reply #1 on: 2014-05-08 13:44:54 »
I'm not sure what you mean. What hi-res textures aren't working for you? Pretty much any diffuse texture will work fine in the lgps. When I upgraded to 8.1b I stopped using bootleg and most of it's mods. Instead I just use the Reunion and my own 7H iro model packs, and copy in the mod png background textures and effects. If anything the game looks better now. Do you have a picture or something to help explain the problem?

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-08 13:49:29 »
Thanks for the notice. I think sl1982 is the best qualified to answer you - unfortunately my work is only on field screens (which you can place as png in your mods folder, by the way), and I wasn't able to take the time to figure out how the earlier features made by TA (GUI) actually work (it's lame, I know).
For that matter: for some odd reason I wasn't able to make Aali's 0.8 work at all (not that I tried troubleshooting too much), I reverted to 0.7.11b.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-08 14:46:14 »
The textures in the old TA installer are still all PNG based. They just sit in their own folder not related to modpath. If you wish to use them with aali's new driver you could figure out where they go in modpath and put them there. Also I cannot quite remember if the names of the files will need to be changed or not.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-09-27 19:17:34 »
Some of the stuff has been converted. Check the release thread for the link.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-09-28 17:29:59 »
You never posted a link in the release thread

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-09-28 19:33:32 »
Its in the second post.