Author Topic: PS3 FF7?  (Read 3337 times)

Ironnipple

• View Profile
PS3 FF7?
« on: 2015-04-11 02:42:11 »
So maybe I'm wrong, but to my understanding it sounds like this black chocobo program can save files that are able to be read from a PS3. I have tried to save a file onto a usb drive then plug it into my PS3 and read it/load my FF7 game from there. But it keeps showing up as no files found.
Is there any way to play either the physical copy (the disc version from the 90's) or the downloaded version from the PS store with files from black chocobo or not?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: PS3 FF7?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-04-12 04:51:55 »
I have tried to save a file onto a usb drive then plug it into my PS3 and read it/load my FF7 game from there. But it keeps showing up as no files found.

the ps3 requires that files be placed in specific locations psv file must be /PS3/EXPORT/PSV/somefile.psv . This is probably why you do not see the files. You can have the ps3 make this file if you create a memory card then play ff7 and save you can export the psv to the usb stick and edit it in place. Do not edit the name of the exported psv file.There is an issue of the signature, you will know this is the problem because you will get a "Data is Corrupt" error when coping the save to your memory card.

Is there any way to play either the physical copy (the disc version from the 90's) or the downloaded version from the PS store with files from black chocobo or not?
You can edit the save for either since they are both the same save . As i said above there is the issue of the save needing to be signed. For some reason sony decided that they wanted to prevent people from editing their save games for ps1 (and ps2) games. They do this by having the playstation 3 "sign" the save when it exports to a usb stick . Luckly the people over at ps3dev have described the file format (1) so its possible to read it and write a correct file . They have also described how the encryption works on the file so that we can attempt to generate the signature . They have not told us what Key the ps3 uses to sign this save  they also have not told us what the seed is (need for the type if encryption they use) . So if you want to sign a save the easy way you will need to provide the correct key and the correct seed to black chocobo . Now i would love to tell you what key and seed to use but i don't know and no one else does. the best i can do is point you to the faq where there are links to keys and seeds to try (input in to options dialog) there are also a few ways to trick a ps3 into taking the file but this requires you get the save on to a psx memory card and then import from that to the playstation 3 . you can read about that also at the FAQ. http://sourceforge.net/p/blackchocobo/wiki/FAQ/#psp-and-ps3-saves