Author Topic: The Squall's Dead Theory  (Read 91306 times)

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
Re: The Squall's Dead Theory
« Reply #75 on: 2010-06-24 00:12:11 »
To be perfectly honest, this creates the only perspective through which I appreciate the games plot. And since I'm much less concerned with proof when it comes to fictional realities, I shall forever more insist to myself that this was the original intention. On the other hand, while disc 1 didn't really piss me off, I still didn't enjoy it much, and it being Squall's fantasy doesn't really make the hours of exposition more enjoyable as they happen, so I probably won't play through it again. This "revelation" shall only serve to leave me with memories from which I can gain something positive, and not just memories that leave a bad taste in my mouth.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-24 00:14:44 by ScottMcTony »

Krimson Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010-06-24 00:15:41 »
*Edit* If I was in an FF8 story line I would go back in time and beat the crap out of myself for dating my first gf, gawd I was such an idiot, I COULD CHANGE ALL THAT!!!
Same with terminator and other time travel media. However I'd just go back in time and knock up my first gf. Probably it would teach my younger self some responsibility.
the problem with applying "time travel" or mixing past/present/future as a reachable place in any game/movie/anime or any other tv series etc that may have had such a plot, is that it's full of more holes than swizz cheese. I honestly never bothered to question it, I looked at it for what it was and sure maybe I tried to make some sense of it but never could be bothered to over think it because of topics like this.
It's been said already, there's people getting flamed on other forums for messages about squall being dead, rinoa being ultimecia etc. oh btw I rinoa is not ultimecia, square enix themselves put that to rest when serious speculation was rising and before that I gotta be honest even I thought that was true, but alas, it is not. Squall is not dead, if he was the entire game after disc 1 would be a dream.... if i'm not mistaken squall woke up in bed after disc 1 supposed death, perhaps he was dreaming that he died! yet another possibility, geezus, it's endless >.> *goes back to drinking and stops trying to apply logic to "fantasy" games*

blackdeathmessenger

• A man can dream, but that's all it will ever be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010-06-24 04:14:38 »
Looks like blackdeathmessenger is having a really hard time taking this information in.

No I'm not, I just think the whole idea of it is an absolute farce which is making people over think the the reality of their games.

Agreed.

Finally, someone that agrees with me,lol.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010-06-24 06:47:25 »
Looks like blackdeathmessenger is having a really hard time taking this information in.

No I'm not, I just think the whole idea of it is an absolute farce which is making people over think the the reality of their games.

Agreed.

I'm going to actually have to be one who disagrees with you. Not saying I believe the whole Squall is dead theory. What I'm thinking about is your statement "Making people over think the reality of their games". I would say play though the game the first time in pure enjoyment of it, then everytime after that do it simply to get a new perspective on the story and such. I've replayed games that I had played as a kid simply cause now that I'm older I'll catch/have a new perspective on the story. Like the old point and click adventures. Love them but ones like "under a steel sky" were hard for me as a kid. Now wam bam thank you mam, I can solve the puzzles and get the full story.

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010-06-24 07:12:18 »

Agreed.

I'm going to actually have to be one who disagrees with you. Not saying I believe the whole Squall is dead theory. What I'm thinking about is your statement "Making people over think the reality of their games". I would say play though the game the first time in pure enjoyment of it, then everytime after that do it simply to get a new perspective on the story and such. I've replayed games that I had played as a kid simply cause now that I'm older I'll catch/have a new perspective on the story. Like the old point and click adventures. Love them but ones like "under a steel sky" were hard for me as a kid. Now wam bam thank you mam, I can solve the puzzles and get the full story.

Well, I'm not saying you couldn't do it that way, I just think outrageous theories like certain characters being dead with no proof (in ANY form), are, well, outrageous. Honestly, I have an extremely hard time even thinking it. I would more easily believe that Rinoa was a transvestite or something.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010-06-24 07:25:00 »
Well, I'm not saying you couldn't do it that way, I just think outrageous theories like certain characters being dead with no proof (in ANY form), are, well, outrageous.

No proof in any form? Maybe you should have read the page I linked in the original post before coming to that conclusion. No proof in any form = saying that squall is dead without giving any back up on why you're theorizing this. The site provides plenty of it.

No I'm not

Honestly, I have an extremely hard time even thinking it.

Contradiction get! :P

I would more easily believe that Rinoa was a transvestite or something.

She is. You can tell in some close up shots.

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010-06-24 08:03:34 »
Well, I'm not saying you couldn't do it that way, I just think outrageous theories like certain characters being dead with no proof (in ANY form), are, well, outrageous.

No proof in any form? Maybe you should have read the page I linked in the original post before coming to that conclusion. No proof in any form = saying that squall is dead without giving any back up on why you're theorizing this. The site provides plenty of it.

No I'm not

Contradiction get! :P

I would more easily believe that Rinoa was a transvestite or something.

She is. You can tell in some close up shots.

I meant concrete proof, not just the thoughts of some college kid that can't tell his ass from his elbow.

And "contradiction get" means what exactly?

And I was really making more of a statement with the whole Rinoa thing, though I really think Squall should have been paired with Quistis, really.

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010-06-24 08:42:26 »
Hmm, consider this. If we imagine that all of this to somehow be real (let's say, I dunno, we're in the same universe 100000 years in the future and there's this technology that will let us view the world through one persons perspective at one point in time then it will explode for some reason, and we pick Squall for the length of FF8, for some reason), and we have all this evidence before us, the Squall's Dead theory would seem a lot more sound, in that, in accordance with everything established in disc 1, it provokes a great deal less implausibility.

Of course, if it were real, my final stance would be that Squall was more likely than not dead but that ultimately we don't know and, as such, I would not state that I "believe" either possibility.

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010-06-24 10:16:11 »
Hmm, consider this. If we imagine that all of this to somehow be real (let's say, I dunno, we're in the same universe 100000 years in the future and there's this technology that will let us view the world through one persons perspective at one point in time then it will explode for some reason, and we pick Squall for the length of FF8, for some reason), and we have all this evidence before us, the Squall's Dead theory would seem a lot more sound, in that, in accordance with everything established in disc 1, it provokes a great deal less implausibility.

Of course, if it were real, my final stance would be that Squall was more likely than not dead but that ultimately we don't know and, as such, I would not state that I "believe" either possibility.

Nice explanation. Now people will never get off this subject. It all comes down to what people "believe" (as you put) about it. Though I believe that the theory of Squall being dead is just nonsense. I mean, if he was supposedly almost dead and all that, then the game wouldn't last as long as it does if it was supposed to be like looking at what his life could have been.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010-06-24 10:31:02 »
Blackdeathmessenger, first off saying "college kid that can't tell his ass from his elbow." makes you sound like either an immature highschooler or a closed minded old freak. Point is, if I was a mod here I probably would've thrown you out. But that could be just my mood ATM. Shizts like you come onto this board and think their all big stuff. Personally I'd side more with Chocobo_Girl on anything over your rude A55 any day.

Secondly, are you stupid or something, she put up posts where you contradicted yourself. "contradicted get" means she caught you on it.

And Eff Squall, Quistis is mine BIOTCH!

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010-06-24 10:34:45 »
Blackdeathmessenger, first off saying "college kid that can't tell his ass from his elbow." makes you sound like either an immature highschooler or a closed minded old freak. Point is, if I was a mod here I probably would've thrown you out. But that could be just my mood ATM. Shizts like you come onto this board and think their all big stuff. Personally I'd side more with Chocobo_Girl on anything over your rude A55 any day.

Secondly, are you stupid or something, she put up posts where you contradicted yourself. "contradicted get" means she caught you on it.

Actually furzball, the problem is, I just don't care what you think, so suck on that.

And I have no idea what either of you mean. When have I contradicted myself?

And I was just saying, the game would have been better with them as a pairing. I mean, really, Rinoa is too free spirited to really do Squall any good in the long run, and Quistis already knows how he is and accepts him.

EDIT: Also, the problem is that almost no one actually see the reality of the game, which is that Squall lives through the whole thing. I am not JUST an a**hole, I'm an a**hole with a point =p
« Last Edit: 2010-06-24 10:40:09 by blackdeathmessenger »

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010-06-24 11:10:05 »

Actually furzball, the problem is, I just don't care what you think, so suck on that.

And I was just saying, the game would have been better with them as a pairing. I mean, really, Rinoa is too free spirited to really do Squall any good in the long run, and Quistis already knows how he is and accepts him.

EDIT: Also, the problem is that almost no one actually see the reality of the game, which is that Squall lives through the whole thing. I am not JUST an a**hole, I'm an a**hole with a point =p
Look newbfag, it's not about caring what other people think it's showing respect to the people in a small community board. The thing that sucks is now there is only one mod that comes on frequently and I doubt he'd try to use the banhammer as freely as I would.

Quote from: blackdeathmessenger on Yesterday at 21:12:29
---------------------------------------
    Quote from: Chocobo_Girl on Yesterday at 21:08:14

-----------------------------
    No I'm not

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: blackdeathmessenger on Today at 07:12:18

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Contradiction get!

Basically either you have a hard time with it (most likely of the two) or you dont.

======================

Pschologically speaking, that would mean quistis would leave him to be himself and basically he wouldn't have the interest in her and she would probably lose interest in him. Where as Rinoa got Squall to go outside his shell. Therefore building tension and interest.

Also at least by my term of "free spirited" I'd have to disagree with you on that. Rinoa does seem dependable and faithful in the right situation. Only reason she dumped Seifer is he was an a55 anyways.

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2010-06-24 13:15:22 »

Look newbfag, it's not about caring what other people think it's showing respect to the people in a small community board. The thing that sucks is now there is only one mod that comes on frequently and I doubt he'd try to use the banhammer as freely as I would.

Quote from: blackdeathmessenger on Yesterday at 21:12:29
---------------------------------------
    Quote from: Chocobo_Girl on Yesterday at 21:08:14

-----------------------------
    No I'm not

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: blackdeathmessenger on Today at 07:12:18

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Contradiction get!

Basically either you have a hard time with it (most likely of the two) or you dont.

======================

Pschologically speaking, that would mean quistis would leave him to be himself and basically he wouldn't have the interest in her and she would probably lose interest in him. Where as Rinoa got Squall to go outside his shell. Therefore building tension and interest.

Also at least by my term of "free spirited" I'd have to disagree with you on that. Rinoa does seem dependable and faithful in the right situation. Only reason she dumped Seifer is he was an a55 anyways.

Yeah and calling someone a "Newbfag" is being real respectable asshole. Also, two different points, so the so-called contradiction doesn't count.

And that's possible, or they could have just used her to bring Squall out and then set him up with someone else =p And, just because you don't want to hear someone else's opinion, doesn't mean that the moderator doesn't.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010-06-24 13:44:31 »

OK kiddies, play nice. Don't make me post all of these!

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2010-06-24 15:23:56 »
black death messenger... why don't you actually read the squall is dead article before making a fool of yerself. It is quite extensive, and draws quite a lot of ideas from a great number of places in the game. now keep in mind, it is a THEORY. Doesnt mean its right, its just an idea, but it has a helluva lot more backing than you saying its wrong cuz u think so :P

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010-06-24 16:14:33 »
Yeah and calling someone a "Newbfag" is being real respectable asshole. Also, two different points, so the so-called contradiction doesn't count.

And that's possible, or they could have just used her to bring Squall out and then set him up with someone else =p And, just because you don't want to hear someone else's opinion, doesn't mean that the moderator doesn't.
Dude, you would've had my general respect until you called Chocobo_Girl stupid and did the song and dance of " I'm going to say I'm right, you're wrong" and stirring up shizt. I heard your opinion, didn't say nothing about it. My whole thing bringing in the moderator was that he should just toss rubbish like you. Before I do. And trust me, annoy me enough, and I'll do more damage then getting rid of you on here. And with the lack of internet laws to date, unexpected things might happen.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2010-06-24 17:17:30 »

Wha??? Squall with QUISTIS? That's impossible! It's not what the game intended. It's too hard for me to believe, IT CAN'T BE. Rinoa's much hawter than her, that wouldn't make any sense?!?!??

See what I did there? ;D

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010-06-24 17:52:28 »
the author links being in a dream state with death. that's completely outrageous. what's to say Squall dies in the end? he argues that Squall is in a dream state assuming that being in a dream means you are dead. sure he provides the location where Squall dies, but then goes on to argue the dream without arguing the death.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2010-06-24 17:55:59 »
I just had to save that pic!

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010-06-24 18:07:04 »
the author links being in a dream state with death. that's completely outrageous. what's to say Squall dies in the end? he argues that Squall is in a dream state assuming that being in a dream means you are dead. sure he provides the location where Squall dies, but then goes on to argue the dream without arguing the death.

I guess. Still, there is no way to know what happens after you die. Maybe you do go in some dream state and your life flashes before your eyes. We have no one to prove this to us though. :P It's like in FFX, when you die, you become pyreflies until you get sent to the farplane where you can finally accept your death.

This is now a theorizing about death thread! :P :P

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2010-06-24 18:09:24 »
in FFX, when you die, you become pyreflies until you get sent to the farplane where you can finally accept your death.

Or become a ravaging monster ^^

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2010-06-24 19:00:47 »
in FFX, when you die, you become pyreflies until you get sent to the farplane where you can finally accept your death.

Or become a ravaging monster ^^
OHH OHH! I wanna be the ravaging monster! Now then, what to ravage.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2010-06-24 19:47:39 »
I actually have this theory about Mr. Ed (that show about the talking horse).

In the first episode Wilbur bumps his head really hard. It's after this that Mister Ed starts talking.
I think you see where I'm going with this.

I guess. Still, there is no way to know what happens after you die. Maybe you do go in some dream state and your life flashes before your eyes.
Ooh, ooh, like Lost.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2010-06-24 19:53:24 »

I think both of you need to tone it down.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2010-06-24 19:57:15 »

I think both of you need to tone it down.
True, I apologize to everyone except blackdeathmessenger. Hopefully there is an ignore button on here I can click for him.