Author Topic: Square Enix talks Final Fantasy 7 remake, Kingdom Hearts III, and Versus XIII  (Read 24946 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
i remember this a long time ago. Very nice Vincent model but I don't think ff7 engine could bare so many polygones. If I'm mistaken please correct me. The game needs a remake in ffxiii-2 engine.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Graphics engine, maybe. But not battle system, stick to the classic there.

Now, i think i read somewhere that the FF7 engine supports like 65000+ tries per part, with something like 12 parts per model. Sooo.. the vincent model could be handled easily. (i'm sure bother my above numbers are wrong, I just know it was fairly high

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I suppose it will sound dump but was anyone able to figure out how to program with ffxiii-2's engine? If only the modders were able to work with those type of graphics...

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
They periodically talk about the FF7 remake once every few years, telling pretty much the same stuff all the times, about how it'd be impossible to replicate, or hard, or time/money consuming. So where's the news exactly? It's a simple strategy to make people talk about them; just ignore the f*ckers, they don't deserve any attention for spreading nonsense about vaporware. Maybe they will stop someday (one can only dream).

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
At the very least, Square should make the PC version of FF7 more readily available.
It kinda makes me feel guilty about hoarding copies . . .

archerxtreme

• View Profile
True enough. Then again, even though i like the idea of the FF7 remake, i don like it enough to actually want one....i'm with the developers on this one. It's too good a classic to be appreciated in anything other than it's original form. a few mods for textures and chars are ok but the scene, the feeling, the music....<loooong sigh of endearment>

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Something similar to the Monkey Islands remakes could be interesting.
They are the same games with tweaked out graphics and sound.
But you can switch back and forth between the new and old styles with the press of a button.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
...the PC version of FF7...

Square has abandoned pc a long time ago except for online games mostly caz of piracy...

archerxtreme

• View Profile
Ya...but i wonder if they could make more cross-over series using ff7 and the other good ones like VIII X and X-2.....
dissidia and kigdom hearts are there, but i was thinking something a little different....i dunno if you've seen or played this, but theres a series of games called Another Century's Episode. Although entirely different genre, the point is they made games where the plotlines of popular mecha series overlapped and merged with another original plot-line. Was wondering, if they could do one with FF7, 8,10 ,DMC and a few other games we can think off......

BloodShot

• View Profile
Square has abandoned pc a long time ago except for online games mostly caz of piracy...

I highly doubt that, especially considering PC gaming has proven to be very profitable in recent years. I'm sure Deus Ex wouldn't be on the PC if that were true.

It's more likely that 80% of the PC market doesn't give 2 shits about anything that combines the letter J with the letters RPG

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I highly doubt that, especially considering PC gaming has proven to be very profitable in recent years. I'm sure Deus Ex wouldn't be on the PC if that were true.

It's more likely that 80% of the PC market doesn't give 2 sh*ts about anything that combines the letter J with the letters RPG
I just saw that fact about piracy on a Square interview video about final fantasy production for future ff games a long time ago...only for final fantasy games... it's obvious they trust the consoles more especially ps3.

archerxtreme

• View Profile
Naturaly. Security on PS3 console is a killer! the one good thing about console systems is that you don have to worry about system requirements unlike pc....

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Last Edit: 2012-05-10 13:43:42 by Leonhart7413 »

archerxtreme

• View Profile
Uhmmm.........it was too...."cute"...mum's the word at this point  :-X

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-Director-Leaves-Square-Enix-41680.html Take a look at this guys. And i thank everyone is aware now that Final Fantasy versus XIII has once more been postponed. Any more infomration on it will be given maybe in September. and that's a big MAYBE! :S

archerxtreme

• View Profile
Well ya, pretty much new that.....but i really wonder if it's really worth the wait....they've got a lot to do to impress than just graphics....

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-Director-Leaves-Square-Enix-41680.html Take a look at this guys. And i thank everyone is aware now that Final Fantasy versus XIII has once more been postponed. Any more infomration on it will be given maybe in September. and that's a big MAYBE! :S

GOD DAMNIT

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Is there anyone left to work for Square anymore lol... reminds me of Sierra's fate  a bit... Thumbs up for anyone who have noticed the Tom Clancy's trailer below XD (Ubisoft)
« Last Edit: 2012-05-11 23:32:31 by Leonhart7413 »

archerxtreme

• View Profile
They still are around for sure. Just not as in your face as say EA or Crytek....

But them sharing the fate of sierra is distrubing and i wouldn't want that. They've made great quality stuff, Square i mean.

You know i just don understnd why my diamond model video wont be allowed on youtube there's already a bunch of those and none of my other videos received any notices. You know what i'm saying....

archerxtreme

• View Profile
Qhimm and the rest of us can contribute and make our own remakes....that way we can retain the old "classic" feel of ff7 while still enjoying the better hi-rez graphics....i think it should remain as just that. Gaming co.s nowadays seem to be losing their creativity: either make reboots of old classics and ruin them like with the new DMC, or they make somethin' that looks beautiful and is really taxing on the average system specs and in the end nothing much can be said about it whether it be the gameplay or the so-called plot.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
The time for a FFVII Remake has come and gone.  I used to look forward to one, but now I fear the thought.

If they do "remake" FFVII I truly hope that they don't call it FFVII.  It might have the same story, but I doubt they would even leave the original materia system intact at this point.  Hell, the story probably wouldn't even be the same.  They'd try to make Sephiroth sane, make Zack alive, include cameos from post-original VII spinoffs, and Limit Breaks would be bizarre laser shows where you try to press X as fast as you can to do 600% more damage. Super Fantasy 7:  XXX-4 The Reckoning.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
...press X as fast as you can to do 600% more damage...

lol worst than VIII I guess ;)

StickySock

• View Profile
I don't understand the people who say they don't want ff7 because they are afraid square enix will ruin  it, the people who don't want ffvs13 because it is taking too long, or the people that don't want kh3 because the story is convoluted. If an ff7 remake was made and it sucked, you always have the original, and at least people would stop asking or it. If any of those three games were made and did suck, how does it hurt anyone who didn't want them in the first place?

Imo, they will probably release a remake of ff7 on a portable console around ff7's 20th anniversary, ffvs13 will come out late 2013 or early 2014, and kh3 will be after that.

Most people want a remake because of the horrible field models, low resolution, and poor localization. Omzy's field pack, umi, mop, covarr's music installer, and retranslation project effectively give us the most complete remake we can hope for. (Until team avalanche, the 60 fps, and rebirth mods are completed)

archerxtreme

• View Profile
@StickySock
it's just an opinion, man. That's all....i mean WE ourselves dont know what it will be like. We are a little afraid of what i MIGHT be like after having become so used to this retro style we have right now....But if you think we WONT buy it if a remake comes out, that's where your wrong. Call it fandom, curiosity or just going with the crowd whatever. It's the stuff we simply discuss about.

It's a different thing though if they decide to make a "reboot" instead of a remake....i'll be more reluctant to buy it cuz of some terrible reboots i've encountered lately. The Devil May Cry reboot is horrible in my opinion...

Point is we just discuss stuff. Everybody will be enthu of FF7 "remake" one way or the other...they'd show it in different ways...hate it without reason, get excited over the new models...may be better battle system...it's all enthusiasm in different forms.