Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 528361 times)

theonyxphoenix

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #375 on: 2015-03-28 02:04:29 »
Is there a way to launch straight from a shortcut instead of through the GUI?  I have the 7th heaven currently integrated into xbmc/kodi but I want to launch straight to the game.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2015-03-28 11:16:37 »
You can create a text file with the lines
Code: [Select]
7thHeaven.exe /LAUNCH /QUIT
exit
in the root folder of 7H and save this as a .cmd file (simply rename txt to cmd). Send this to desktop as a short cut and you have a quick launch.
Further information are here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14490.msg222610#msg222610

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #377 on: 2015-03-28 16:10:25 »
oh man thanks for this awesome mod, sorry but i dont know where to ask this, where can i config the controller for the game? i have a ps4 controller and a pc gamepad, but cant make anyone to work with the game. Can somebody help me?

Edit: Actually i cant even make the keyboard work, wtf? lol

Gamepad works like plug-and-play. I don't know about the PS4 Controller. If your keyboard "isn't working" then it's because you didn't choose yes for the Keyboard Numpad patch when using the Game Converter. By default, the keyboard controls are on the numpad, but if your keyboard doesn't have one then that patch is required.

exit
in the root folder of 7H and save this as a .cmd file (simply rename txt to cmd). Send this to desktop as a short cut and you have a quick launch.

Thanks Kaldarasha :) I knew we had a solution to this, but I couldn't find where it was discussed.

Songs

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2015-03-28 22:42:03 »
Hello,

I just switched over from using Bootleg to 7th heaven.   Got everything setup and working great but can you tell me how to install a mod  i used in bootleg using 7h Heaven that's not in the catalog? 

I'd like to use some battle models that aren't in there and a different field model for cloud.

Thanks in advance.

Songs

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2015-03-29 11:15:26 »
... also can you tell me how to get FFVII to play the new opening movie I put in the movies folder at ffvii/data/movies rather than the original on the game CD?  I figured out how to change the movies path using regedit so the movie plays but no oher movie then plays as the game looks here for every one. 

p.s. I saw a version of the new opening movie where the old movie appeared briefly on a flickering TV screen at the bit where you see Aeris's face.  Anyone know where to find it?  As shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dy3ErHixIw
« Last Edit: 2015-03-29 12:30:45 by chriserenity »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2015-03-29 14:21:35 »
hey

everytime i try to setup my stuff automaully on 7th heaven

it goes to my F drive insted of my E drive

how can i fix it so 7th heaven setups automaully on my E drive

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2015-03-29 16:18:09 »
hey

everytime i launch ff7 from 7th Heaven it just goes to a black screen of death all day

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2015-03-29 16:21:38 »
Well I m working with this again and apparently I have not been able to fix my issue with the Menu avatars or Background changes. I got Reunion and the Menu Overhaul to work, now i'm looking for help on the avatars. I tried extracting the files from the IRO and putting them in the desired folders but nothing changes. Hm. 

Edit: I FIXED ETT! I forgot after installing Reunion, I have to reinsert the mod path for the Textures. e.e 
« Last Edit: 2015-03-29 17:38:22 by Sora123masta »

larax

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2015-03-29 17:08:30 »
Hi.

The game crashes when menu overhaul is activate.

And postprocessing crash

Thanks for your work

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2015-04-01 14:44:45 »
@Alyza: I built a new PC recently but had to wipe the HDD to re-install Windows with it, but I took the opportunity to try a fresh 1998 FF7 install w/ 7H and sure enough it worked this time (had a hiccup with the movies and they're missing as a result, but the game is running anyway). That means I can test what I make with 7H and start actively developing with it in mind; if NT is still being a pain with Reunion's translation, etc. and needs fixes could you show me what your patching/testing method is so I can start testing out potential fixes for it on my end?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2015-04-01 14:57:40 »
@Alyza: I built a new PC recently but had to wipe the HDD to re-install Windows with it, but I took the opportunity to try a fresh 1998 FF7 install w/ 7H and sure enough it worked this time (had a hiccup with the movies and they're missing as a result, but the game is running anyway). That means I can test what I make with 7H and start actively developing with it in mind; if NT is still being a pain with Reunion's translation, etc. and needs fixes could you show me what your patching/testing method is so I can start testing out potential fixes for it on my end?

@Alyza: Would you post your explanation for  Sega Chief on the Barret Hideout thread as well? So we have it once and for all. I will cover the catalog thing this months after I have made the 'How-to-create-a-mod' with 7H.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2015-04-01 18:02:07 »
Sure thing guys. Just give me about 10 days to work on all my various projects, including these. The kids go on Spring Break next week, so I'll have the whole week off to get some much needed work done :)

Riketz Karlom

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2015-04-02 06:22:19 »

Sure thing guys. Just give me about 10 days to work on all my various projects, including these. The kids go on Spring Break next week, so I'll have the whole week off to get some much needed work done :)

Best news I've read all day. I'll be keeping this thread open in my browser, and plan to Facebook and stream as soon as this becomes a reality. Been tampering with my mod load order and will likely throw together a cluster of recommended mods. Only major hiccup I've come across is a problem with Seto's theme not looping in the Remastered OST audio mod.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2015-04-02 15:31:11 »
The kids go on Spring Break next week, so I'll have the whole week off to get some much needed work done :)
Ooh, are you a teacher? Cool beans.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2015-04-03 16:18:57 »
Best news I've read all day. I'll be keeping this thread open in my browser, and plan to Facebook and stream as soon as this becomes a reality. Been tampering with my mod load order and will likely throw together a cluster of recommended mods. Only major hiccup I've come across is a problem with Seto's theme not looping in the Remastered OST audio mod.

Some mods might have minor issues, but it's due to the mod itself rather than 7H.

Ooh, are you a teacher? Cool beans.

You betcha, 7th grade math teacher :)

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2015-04-05 20:07:33 »
Has anyone else had any issues regarding Elena's model being in the PRP version instead of Kaldarasha version? I found this in the Mithril mines.   Here is my load order.

CHAOS Animation
CHAOS Cloud
Barret Test
Battle Models - Characters
Battle Models - Enemies
Battle Models - Weapons
Battle Textures
Field Models - Characters, Enemies, and Objects
Field Textures
Spell Textures
World Textures
Menu - Backgrounds and Avatars
Menu Overhaul
Minigames - Chocobo Race
Minigames - Fort Condor
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
World Models - Characters, Enemies, and Vehicles
CHAOS Base

-

I have contacted Kaldarasha about this, just needed to see if anyone else has had this happen.

cyberkinetic

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2015-04-06 05:10:50 »
Nice mod, works wonders after following instructions in 1st post.

2 things.

1) I had to copy music from the data directory over to the vgstream directory, kept saying file not found until I did that.

2) Wasn't able to download smaller mods off 7th heaven, it would stay stuck on "Calculating" until I canceled it and would get the following error:

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at Iros.Mega.MegaIros.IrosCancelDownload(IntPtr cli, Int32 td)
   at Iros.Mega.MegaIros.CancelDownload(Transfer tfr) in c:\Iros\IrosMega\MegaIros.cs:line 507
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fDownloads.<>c__DisplayClassc.<Download>b__8() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fDownloads.cs:line 144
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fDownloads.cancelToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fDownloads.cs:line 276
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2015-04-06 13:40:05 »
hey

there is a glitch on the 7th heaven program

when you launch ff7 on 7th heaven using the tifa bootleg mod

the music program does not load up with it

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2015-04-06 14:16:43 »
Has anyone else had any issues regarding Elena's model being in the PRP version instead of Kaldarasha version? I found this in the Mithril mines.   Here is my load order.

CHAOS Animation
CHAOS Cloud
Barret Test
Battle Models - Characters
Battle Models - Enemies
Battle Models - Weapons
Battle Textures
Field Models - Characters, Enemies, and Objects
Field Textures
Spell Textures
World Textures
Menu - Backgrounds and Avatars
Menu Overhaul
Minigames - Chocobo Race
Minigames - Fort Condor
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
World Models - Characters, Enemies, and Vehicles
CHAOS Base

-

I have contacted Kaldarasha about this, just needed to see if anyone else has had this happen.

His models are based off of PRP. Trying moving CHaOS Base to 3rd or 4th. If CHaOS doesn't touch her model, then her PRP version is probably loading from Field Models - Characters, Enemies, and Objects, depending on what you selected in its Configure.

Nice mod, works wonders after following instructions in 1st post.

2 things.

1) I had to copy music from the data directory over to the vgstream directory, kept saying file not found until I did that.

2) Wasn't able to download smaller mods off 7th heaven, it would stay stuck on "Calculating" until I canceled it and would get the following error:

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at Iros.Mega.MegaIros.IrosCancelDownload(IntPtr cli, Int32 td)
   at Iros.Mega.MegaIros.CancelDownload(Transfer tfr) in c:\Iros\IrosMega\MegaIros.cs:line 507
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fDownloads.<>c__DisplayClassc.<Download>b__8() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fDownloads.cs:line 144
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fDownloads.cancelToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fDownloads.cs:line 276
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

1) Yeah, I've been aware of that and will fix it in the next release. The issue isn't so much 7H but the game converter. If you don't download and use the Media - Sound and Music category from the Catalog, then the music\vgmstream folder is left empty. I need to have the GC move the old music files from data\music into music\vgmstream so that users will have music even if they don't use that category from the Catalog.

2) Not sure what's going on there. You should go into the mods\7th Heaven\temp folder and delete the incomplete IRO files. Then try opening 7H again.

hey

there is a glitch on the 7th heaven program

when you launch ff7 on 7th heaven using the tifa bootleg mod

the music program does not load up with it

7H and Bootleg aren't compatible. They run off different versions of the Aali driver.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-06 14:24:46 by EQ2Alyza »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2015-04-06 17:45:49 »
His models are based off of PRP. Trying moving CHaOS Base to 3rd or 4th. If CHaOS doesn't touch her model, then her PRP version is probably loading from Field Models - Characters, Enemies, and Objects, depending on what you selected in its Configure.

-
I installed the old Kaldarasha mod  to see if it fixed it, it did.  On the Field Models deal,   I had it selected to Kaldarasha's models. Maybe leaving it off will fix it.  But keep my save points and stuff on.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2015-04-06 22:45:59 »
I keep getting this error when starting up 7th heaven  this is starting to annoy me.

I have gone through the the step by step guide and watched the tutorial video and still not working for me. Biggest problem I am having is the subscriptions is not working for me can not seem to set that up and also I am getting errors when running the compatibility EXE, keeps coming up access denied plus I am also getting a error that say's cant find suitable midi device this product requires a windows 95 midi player. Please help. 

So after much fiddling I got it working in the most part but I still can not get subscriptions working I do no get the message on the right hand side, and also music does not work any help with that please.

Also are there any links to downloads for iro files, or is it possible to import files from bootleg into 7th heaven and run them. I have loads of mods from bootleg .40 but when I load them into 7th heaven there is no picture next to them to tell you what they are and if they need updating, which brings up another point how do you update mods on 7th heaven. Thank you for any advice in advanced.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-07 21:23:36 by Yuffie1983 »

theonyxphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2015-04-07 18:19:38 »
exit

Thanks!

@chriserenity.  I have that video currently integrated and I can upload it tonight if no one comes along in the meantime to direct you to it.

@ Sega Chief
is this your video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqPdIUyt4io (?)  Does this included the bosses? I tried using the level 1 mod provided in 7th heaven but it seems to remove the bosses and replace them with regular enemies.

Rossi87

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2015-04-09 17:24:58 »
Hi, I'm new here but really wanted to try the 7th Heaven mod. However I can't get it working.

I have my fresh Steam install, I ran the FF7-REMOVE-Keys to check for keys (I have none).
I use Daemon Tools to load the FF7DISC1 image.
I have then run FF7_GameConverter_7H in as admin.
It finds my steam installation and I press 'Enter' to run it. I can check the sound and midi then click OK, then I choose the Laptop Keyboard. And its says all is successful.
Then I run 7thHeaven.exe as admin.  (Using 7th Heaven 1.45)

I get this error

System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.BackgroundCatCheck(Object state) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 292
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

How can I get around this?
Thanks

I have successfully managed to get it to install, after deleting everything and restarting a few times.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-09 19:37:21 by Rossi87 »

Owlteria

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2015-04-09 17:53:38 »
Hello~

You modders are all doing awesome work, I can't thank you enough! FFVII is so delicious with the mods, I really enjoy it. I used 7H to pretty up the game (Steam version) and I'm currently playing the NT mod. However, for some odd reason I have triple AP weapons since the beginning of the game. I assume that's not the way it should be. I searched this thread for a solution and I've read this is an issue when another gameplay has been used before NT. But I never used any of the other difficulty mods, nor did I use bootleg. Any ideas? Is this probably an issue of cooperation with other mods in 7H?

Best regards

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2015-04-09 19:43:24 »
Hello~

You modders are all doing awesome work, I can't thank you enough! FFVII is so delicious with the mods, I really enjoy it. I used 7H to pretty up the game (Steam version) and I'm currently playing the NT mod. However, for some odd reason I have triple AP weapons since the beginning of the game. I assume that's not the way it should be. I searched this thread for a solution and I've read this is an issue when another gameplay has been used before NT. But I never used any of the other difficulty mods, nor did I use bootleg. Any ideas? Is this probably an issue of cooperation with other mods in 7H?

Best regards

What all did you install BEFORE 7th heaven?