Author Topic: FF7 Remake comming closer?  (Read 9750 times)

Borde

• View Profile
FF7 Remake comming closer?
« on: 2007-04-23 10:14:47 »
I visited today NGEmu and found a interesting post:
http://forums.ngemu.com/game-discussion/88536-ffvii-remake-looks-more-likely.html#post1128282
Looks like Square is interested in re-releasing some of their old tittles for new platforms. Time will tell if this is any good ...

Ragna

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Remake comming closer?
« Reply #1 on: 2007-04-23 10:21:39 »
If a remake must be done, I really want a FFVI for NDS and a Chrono Trigger for Wii *____*

Nothing about FFVII please!!!! U_U

PD: Well, maybe a FFVII remake for Nintendo DS..

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-04-23 21:28:14 »
Thanks Borde, this link was really interesting.
Whereas one can love the idea of remakes (Chrono Trigger, FFVII, Dragon Quest III/ VI) ... One can complains and wonders why SE decided to only sell remakes now.
Doesn't it shows they assume to being able to make real great new games? Even FFXII split the fandom.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-04-23 21:57:55 »
The real mind in Square Enix was Sakaguchi, now, without him they can only make remakes..U_U

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-04-23 22:37:16 »
Well if they did remake FFVII on PS3 it would probably become the dominant console pretty quickly, something like a hundred and fifty million fan base, most FF7 fans are quite um.... enthusiastic.. yeah thats the nicest way to put it :-D

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-04-23 22:43:49 »
Now: (from wikipedia)
Keiji Honda (本多圭司 Honda Keiji) is the current Executive Vice President of Square Enix Co. Ltd. His former position was as president of Enix.

EDIT:
Well if they did remake FFVII on PS3 it would probably become the dominant console pretty quickly, something like a hundred and fifty million fan base, most FF7 fans are quite um.... enthusiastic.. yeah thats the nicest way to put it :-D

You must know the fandom of FFVII is split into, for some want a sequel , others want a remake..

Jari

« Reply #6 on: 2007-04-23 23:03:07 »
Hate to break it to you guys, but it's a joke.

The article originates from Daily Gaming News - notable for such articles as "Blizzard to Institute Spelling and Grammar Testing for All Players". :-D

That Square-thing is most likely their most popular spoof ever, and why wouldn't it be? There's no other group of gamers that would pine after a 10 year old game more than FFVII-fanboys. :) In other words; write just about anything with words "remake" and "FFVII" and you'll cause a slight change to Earth orbit's due to all the fanboys shooting their load at the same second. :P

Sorry for the colorful image, but it's true; Final Fantasy and especiall FFVII fans are so obsessed that it makes you sometimes wonder if it has crossed from healthy obsession to something entirely different a long time ago.

I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings - nor am I saying that someone should be less obsessed, but it is a fact.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-04-23 23:22:50 »
Hate to break it to you guys, but it's a joke.

Thank you, i found this really weird, SE not going to make new games?? Square always make remakes, but never the ones fans want, but enix do some good remakes (DQV) , and is at the 8th episode on 9 , so that would have been a shame if it wouldn't have finished  his third trilogy .
Especially when you know it's the former enix director at the control of SE.

And moreover, if Square had officially declared that fact, it would have been really annoying for players (not fanboys) .

EDIT:
World of Warcraft players will soon find themselves facing a challenge the likes of which they have never encountered before. In an effort to improve the chat channels in game, all players with an active account will soon be required to pass a mandatory online spelling and grammar exam before they can access their characters in the game.

The spelling and grammar exams are part of a larger campaign that Blizzard is undertaking to improve the quality of the in-game world.

Hilarious!
« Last Edit: 2007-04-23 23:26:52 by Djé »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-04-24 00:08:00 »
Well I agree with jari on the unhealthy obsession I for one have one, but its rather dormant right noe :-P. But i remember watching a vid early last year with tetsuya nomura saying that he would love to do a remake of FF7 but they have so many projects on at the time that they have no resources to put into it(something along those lines). But he did say "MAYBE!!" after all the other projects are done and they feel like there ready to remake the game they "might" just do it. But i have to say it's not a matter of if but when, who knows maybe another ten years :lol:. But this is one game that has to be redone someday.

#Sen-chan#

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-04-30 23:07:16 »
What with Tetsuya Nomura leaving Square some time ago (I heard that FFVII DoC which I played despite my dislike of shooter games because I love Vincent), I'm not sure I'd want to see a remake. I have been only dismally impressed (that is to say, not at all) with some of their latest Final Fantasy games. I loved X as much as VII and X-2 was like a slap in the face. I couldn't even get through that game to find out what happened to my beloved Tidus. Oh well. Then came DoC, which was okay, but I doubt I'd play that more than once. Never played XI because I'm not interested in online gaming. And then the horrific (sorry for those who like the games, this is only my opinion) FFXII. I don't want to spoil those that are playing the game and don't know, but their overused plot device of related siblings and family members just got absurd after awhile. I haven't finished playing it, which is a shame because it was a christmas present.

My point was, I read an interview with Tetsuya Nomura once that he did with someone after he had come back to creating games after two years (?) of taking a break. He apparently left square, took almost his whole team with him, and started his own company. He hinted strongly that SE was making games not for the love of story but just for money. *shrugs* Even their on-staff music composer, Nobuo Uematsu, basically left. He still did a few tracks for XII, but he's no longer exclusive to SE anymore.

Unfortunately, I don't have a link to that particular article. I never had it. My mother found it and pulled me over to her computer to read it and I read it about a year ago. :( Wish I could show you all and get your opinions, but I have no idea where to find it.

Synergy Blades

« Reply #10 on: 2007-05-01 01:54:33 »
What with Tetsuya Nomura leaving Square some time ago

Final Fantasy XIII: Character Designer
Final Fantasy Agito XIII: Character Designer
Final Fantasy Versus XIII: Character Designer, Director
Kingdom Hearts III: Director, potentially other installments
It's a Wonderful World, Nintendo DS

Quite a to-do list for someone having left Square Enix?

#Sen-chan#

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-05-01 05:51:28 »
Hmm, really? Guess I was wrong. I just wonder why he didn't do XII, though.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-05-01 16:39:50 »
My point was, I read an interview with Tetsuya Nomura once that he did with someone after he had come back to creating games after two years (?) of taking a break. He apparently left square, took almost his whole team with him, and started his own company. He hinted strongly that SE was making games not for the love of story but just for money. *shrugs* Even their on-staff music composer, Nobuo Uematsu, basically left. He still did a few tracks for XII, but he's no longer exclusive to SE anymore.

I think you were talking abou Sakaguchi-sama (Hironobu Sakaguchi), he left $quare €nix with most of the Square Soft team and he now have his own company (with Microsoft?), dont remember now the name of the company (gess is Mistwalker [xD], or something like that), and Nobuo Uematsu works with them.

Right?
« Last Edit: 2007-05-01 16:59:16 by Sephiroth Crescent »

Jari

« Reply #13 on: 2007-05-01 16:50:24 »

#Sen-chan#

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007-05-01 17:57:36 »

I think you were talking abou Sakaguchi-sama (Hironobu Sakaguchi), he left $quare €nix with most of the Square Soft team and he now have his own company (with Microsoft?), dont remember now the name of the company (gess is Mistwalker [xD], or something like that), and Nobuo Uematsu works with them.

Right?

Oh, was that Sakaguchi? It's been so long ago, that I didn't remember. Thank you! ^^

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-05-01 23:17:13 »
Wow I had a look at that mistwalker site but I can't read japanese  so that's no good :lol:. But that music from blue dragon that plays in the backround is Soooo nice, I can totally feel nobouo's music, you just seem to know when it's is music it just has that feel to it. Most of the tracks on FFXII just felt like remixes of nobuo's tracks and I didn't like them as much. What would square have to do to get him back I wonder. Oh and Jari love the new laser eyes :lol:

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007-05-02 13:33:35 »
Ok, thanks for the information Jari.
It's a bit sad from my point of view since most of SE's work on the last years has been quiet disapointing for me. Their new products are allways technically top notch, but they lack something.

NOTE: I'd like an FF7 remake, but actually I'd be more excited about an FF6 remake. That game really deserves a seriuos revision.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-05-02 13:43:22 »
Let me say something: FFVI Rules!!!! (remake only for Nintendo DS  8-))

LegendarySaiyan

• PS3OnlineID: LegendarySaiyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-06-04 22:29:49 »
bad news for FFVII fans who wished for a remake on the PS3!

--------------------------------------------------
FFVII Not Being Remade -- Nomura
Just in case you were hoping for a surprise TGS showing once again.
by IGN Staff

June 4, 2007 - A Square Enix power player has issued the most direct denial yet of a Final Fantasy VII remake. Speaking with Japan's monthly Dorimaga gaming publication, character designer Tetsuya Nomura said, "It appears that there are often overseas rumors like 'Are you currently developing a VII remake?' My apologies, but were absolutely not making [such a game]."

But, as usual, all isn't necessarily lost. Yoshinori Kitase, overall director of the FFVII series, followed up with, "However, when we ask the staff who are making FFXIII why they entered the company, there are many people who say, 'I'm an FFVII fan, I also want to do a remake.'" To this, Nomura added, "We of course know ourselves what the fans want so we'd like to continue thinking up a variety of things. As long as there are people who want to make it and people who are waiting for it, we don't want to proclaim 'the end.'"

Outside of these comments, the two shared a few interesting insights into the development of what is arguably the most renown Final Fantasy game to date.

Nomura recalled the creation of the game's plot, which was originally written by Hironobu Sakaguchi, now of Mistwalker. Nomura, who claims to still have a copy of the plot, noted how "completely different" it is from the final version. "I think he wanted to do something like a detective story? There was a character called Hot Blooded Detective Joe."

The Midgar city was already in place at this point. The early part of the story that was written by Sakaguchi involved Detective Joe chasing after the main characters, who then blow up the city.

Obviously, the story changed some once Nomura and Kitase got involved. While Nomura went off into the character design and visual work following some initial changes to Sakaguchi's plot, Kitase and Kazushige Nojima came up with the sections on Avalanche and Shinra, Cloud's background story, and the relationship between Cloud and Sephiroth. Sakaguchi came up with the specifics on the Life Stream in his original plot, but this also saw some work by Kitase and crew before finally being placed in the game.

With Nomura's strong denial in this interview, all those hoping for an FFVII remake to close off the series' 10th anniversary in style this year appear to be out of luck. Of course, there's no law against flat out lying to magazines that include pullout posters of big-busted anime chicks in every issue, so keep the candles lit.
---------------------------------
Source: IGN.com

LS^^