Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Rebirth Flame v1.3 - Character Texture Replacement  (Read 317938 times)

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Does this include the weapon textures from the berrymapper thread?

Rager

• View Profile
Long time lurker, and once registered here. I guess there was some account purge not too long ago?

Anyhow...

First off, thank you for your hard work on updating these textures. It makes playing the game much easier on the eyes these days.

Reason why I'm posting:

This is scarier than the Omega Weapon.

It's totally playable of course. The problem I'm running into following this scene in space is "catching" Rinoa. She never appears. It's maddening! Consider this an error report. :)

I'm going to try to remove the textures folder and see if I can get by this section of the game.

On record, here are my hashmap and objmap folders with Tonberry 2.04:

I wouldn't be surprised if I screwed something up. I honestly just threw what I thought should be in each folder. The files were gathered from various places all over this forum.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-07 21:43:45 by Rager »

Rager

• View Profile
Sure enough, removing the "ch" folder from my "Textures" folder temporarily fixed the issue outright.

Here's a screen grab after I completed the sequence inside of the Ragnarok:

And here's a screen after dumping the "ch" folder back into my "Textures" folder and reloading:

Hopefully this helps. Thanks again for all of your work on this mod!

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Sure enough, removing the "ch" folder from my "Textures" folder temporarily fixed the issue outright.

Here's a screen grab after I completed the sequence inside of the Ragnarok:

And here's a screen after dumping the "ch" folder back into my "Textures" folder and reloading:

Hopefully this helps. Thanks again for all of your work on this mod!

You're still using the objmap. If you're using v1.1, you don't really need it. And it causes the problems that you saw.

Does this include the weapon textures from the berrymapper thread?

If you mean the most recent pictures posted, then no sadly. But I'd love to have them in game.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Hey guys im having an issues with RF, no matter how i install it, it will not work. i have tonberry 2.04. Lunar cry works great along with all the other mods. ive also tired RF 1.0 but that hasnt worked either. when ever i put the hashmap inside the hashmap folder none of the mods work. but outside the folder just inside the tonberry folder they work fine with the exception of RF. The ch files are definitely in the texture folder. idk what the deal is, and i cant screen shot while in game running off a mac unfortunately. And i cant attach the screen shot of the folders for whatever reason. :cry: Thanks.

It's odd how all seem to work but RF. You're putting the "ch" folder in the textures folder right? You're running it off a mac? Are you using Wine? Not sure if this would screw up how the directories work or not.

daredevil27

• View Profile
It's odd how all seem to work but RF. You're putting the "ch" folder in the textures folder right? You're running it off a mac? Are you using Wine? Not sure if this would screw up how the directories work or not.

Yeah, well the Mac is partitioned with bootcamp so its running windows 7 on this side for pc only programs and Steam. "ch" is definitely in the textures folder.  
Also the forum wont let me add pictures :/
« Last Edit: 2015-07-08 02:59:42 by daredevil27 »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
You can't upload images to this site. You have to upload them to another site like imgur first.

1. Go to imgur.com

2. Click "upload images":

3. Click "browse your computer":

4. Click "Start Upload":

5. Select your file to upload

6. Once it finishes uploading, look for "BBCode (message boards & forums)" and select the file icon to copy this code:

7. Paste it into your post

What is your native language? If these instructions are hard to understand, maybe it will be easier for someone who knows the same language to explain it to you.

This is how you can add pictures.

Hm... Tough to say, then. RF works just like any other graphical mod using Tonberry v1.61 or higher. They all roughly follow the same steps to get them working. And you said others work, too... Now as for why Tonberry isn't working properly for you(like the files only work outside their folders), I couldn't tell you because that isn't my field. Perhaps someone else could help with that.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
What I meant was I remember reading through the berrymapper thread months ago and you FatedCourage and Mortael I think re-did squall's gunblade and a few other weapons if I remember right? I was wondering if this mod also implements those weapons?

daredevil27

• View Profile
This is how you can add pictures.

Hm... Tough to say, then. RF works just like any other graphical mod using Tonberry v1.61 or higher. They all roughly follow the same steps to get them working. And you said others work, too... Now as for why Tonberry isn't working properly for you(like the files only work outside their folders), I couldn't tell you because that isn't my field. Perhaps someone else could help with that.

Thanks for that upload deal^
this is what i was trying to post earlier just how the folders are set up. I also tried using berry mapper and im in balamb gardens so even the "should" work but doesnt. ive tried mix and matching folders here and there to no avail. i may just erase everything as start from scratch  :cry:

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
What I meant was I remember reading through the berrymapper thread months ago and you FatedCourage and Mortael I think re-did squall's gunblade and a few other weapons if I remember right? I was wondering if this mod also implements those weapons?

That was Crestian and Mortael. I just helped adding them in. So, yes. Those are in the pack.

Thanks for that upload deal^
this is what i was trying to post earlier just how the folders are set up. I also tried using berry mapper and im in balamb gardens so even the "should" work but doesnt. ive tried mix and matching folders here and there to no avail. i may just erase everything as start from scratch  :cry:

Well, for starters, I believe the .dll files are supposed to be outside of the tonberry folder. Not in it. I also don't think there is a need for "hash1map" if you're using the Project Eden hashmap.

daredevil27

• View Profile
That was Crestian and Mortael. I just helped adding them in. So, yes. Those are in the pack.

Well, for starters, I believe the .dll files are supposed to be outside of the tonberry folder. Not in it. I also don't think there is a need for "hash1map" if you're using the Project Eden hashmap.

IT WORKS! what i did to fix it was uninstalled ffviii(wasnt necessary) then erased Tonberry and texture folders. re created tonberry folder and re un zipped mods back into tonberry. if i had to guess it mayve been due to deleteing the disable folder, not sure why that'd prohibit anything but it works now. Your textures look AMAZING! now i can giddily play FVIII!

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Just wanted to post something to show I'm still working on this. Still looking for areas with disappearing textures and bugs. Although, I have managed to fix one thing that was annoying me since I got the PC version of the game. That was the instruments for the concert. I know, very minor thing, but I like that scene.

Some instruments looked like this.

Now they look the way they are supposed to.

Turns out some of the instruments were pulling the textures from the wrong area. So I managed a workaround by placing the correct one there. Still testing to see if it causes any issues. Once I'm confident it doesn't, I'll update the pack.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Just wanted to post something to show I'm still working on this. Still looking for areas with disappearing textures and bugs. Although, I have managed to fix one thing that was annoying me since I got the PC version of the game. That was the instruments for the concert. I know, very minor thing, but I like that scene.

Some instruments looked like this.

Now they look the way they are supposed to.

Turns out some of the instruments were pulling the textures from the wrong area. So I managed a workaround by placing the correct one there. Still testing to see if it causes any issues. Once I'm confident it doesn't, I'll update the pack.

Thank you FatedCourage, nice work :) .

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Did finally update v.1.1 for the instrument fix. Couldn't find anything unusual. Also added more codes to the hashmap for reverting textures.

I've also tested other unrelated things but feel like posting them here for now as food for thought...

I've seen people using the Waifu upscale and wanted to try it out on a few things in FF8(I actually reupscaled the instruments with it, too).

Battle Fields:

Before

After

Before

After

I've tested it on GFs as well. But Ifrit should be a good example.

Before

After

iliasm

• View Profile
Excellent work!

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
I've tested it on GFs as well. But Ifrit should be a good example.

After

I'm currently making my own versions of the GF's (The "Hellfire Pack" that gets done as I can chisel away a tiny bit at a time)

Here's a couple shots:

Not sure if the fur is too much ;)

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I'm currently making my own versions of the GF's (The "Hellfire Pack" that gets done as I can chisel away a tiny bit at a time)

Here's a couple shots:

Not sure if the fur is too much ;)

Looks great to me. Look forward to your completion of it. Will the Friendship summon (Moomba), Chicobo, Mini Mog, and Gilgamesh also be a part of this pack? I was mainly showing off what the Waifu upscale can do for FF8. Not really working on anything at the moment.

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
Wow, that Ifrit looks brilliant!

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Wow the Waifu upscale looks pretty good, and those Ifrit textures look amazing!  :-)

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Small update to the pack. Fixed up a Zell and Selphie for the world map. ...I know you only use them once for it...but consistency!

Also fixed Selphie's flail weapon. Looks as it should now... Funny how a few pixels can mess that up. :P And also added more codes to the hashmap for other reverting textures. Going to try and do a quick playthrough this weekend and send all that fun stuff to maverick hopefully. So, uh, yeah. That's all for now.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Thanks  fatedcourage, will this mod eventually include a waifu version of the battle scenes, I saw you posted above?

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
This mod is for character's...for the most part. Now I could do something separate for battle backgrounds, but I'd hate to conflict with anyone that might be working on them... I'm also really bad at cutting out certain area's that should be transparent. :-P

olearyf2525

• View Profile
This mod is for character's...for the most part. Now I could do something separate for battle backgrounds, but I'd hate to conflict with anyone that might be working on them... I'm also really bad at cutting out certain area's that should be transparent. :-P

Well whatever you did to the battle backgrounds in the picture above was a pretty big improvement, and I don't think anyone else is working on them or at least if they are they haven't said anything on these forums.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Well whatever you did to the battle backgrounds in the picture above was a pretty big improvement, and I don't think anyone else is working on them or at least if they are they haven't said anything on these forums.

Thanks. Just a simple waifu upscale is all. It doesn't appear that way, but you never know. Guess I could give it a shot for those that want an upscaled vanilla experience. Though, I think some backgrounds have animations which might restrict some things. So far I'm up to 93 backgrounds collected. I've been collecting things and upscaling them for my own personal testing, like bosses.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Thanks man, good work so far :)