Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 844443 times)

Incinerator

Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.39b)
« Reply #1125 on: 2018-05-17 19:57:45 »
Ha! So that's it.. I imagined so I've tried to check Yesterday..but I didn't know how to do exactly, can you give me a hint?

I never physically added Blank to the Abadon battle; must ask Tirlititi.

Tetraspore

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: 2018-05-19 05:27:37 »
Hey all, is there anything new in the realm of adding the bonus party members as their own slots rather than shared slots with other party members?

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: 2018-05-19 12:18:00 »
This script had to have been edited for Blank to appear in this battle.
I say this because, with Blank already in the party, during this event, the only battle he would be initiated automatically in be the first one against the Amdusias. (Amarant switch to Blank)

The second battle against the Abadon (Steiner Quina Zidane) Unless the script as been edited to add Blank to this battle, he wouldn't be there.

@Incinerator

So why, in my case, Blank is in the battle scene anyway? I mean the actual problem is the camera that cut out Steiner, and then Zidane.. but you say it may be also because of the Enemy script?

Incinerator

« Reply #1128 on: 2018-05-19 16:00:53 »
@Incinerator

So why, in my case, Blank is in the battle scene anyway? I mean the actual problem is the camera that cut out Steiner, and then Zidane.. but you say it may be also because of the Enemy script?

Blank's in the battle I can speculate only because the enemy script has been edited.
Not sure even speculating if he was added to the party before the Abadon fight begins could also be the case, not sure, should check there.
Either way, with the cameras, you'd be touching on the enemy scripts anyways as that is a battle thing.

ploppo

• View Profile
Re: [FF-IX] Hades Workshop
« Reply #1129 on: 2018-05-19 16:20:34 »

hi , read your explanation in your post on steam about how to extract beatrix out of your mod , but i didn't understand exactly how we will get her once we accomplish the method II , i mean: she will just appear and stay in the party selection screen ? she will substitute a character in battle ?

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: 2018-05-19 19:15:05 »
As I said I didn't edited at all the Enemy script.. I added Blank just in the Main Script.. on the Fields!  :| So yeah, before the start of the battle with Abadon ^^''
« Last Edit: 2018-05-19 19:17:22 by ToraCarol »

Incinerator

« Reply #1131 on: 2018-05-20 01:57:21 »
As I said I didn't edited at all the Enemy script.. I added Blank just in the Main Script.. on the Fields!  :| So yeah, before the start of the battle with Abadon ^^''
Had a feeling. Knew you did something like that.
Either way, the Enemy script is going to need to be edited to fix the camera.

change a function of the AI script? If so, what are those changes?

Alright, so he may not have changed the Enemy script so far, yet it be an AI script Blank causing a glitch with the battle camera when Zidane comes in.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: 2018-05-23 11:03:17 »
thanks for the CIL feature and your explanations :D , thanks to that i can finally enjoy this game with the immunity to all the negative statuses

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: 2018-05-24 10:32:25 »
Hey all, is there anything new in the realm of adding the bonus party members as their own slots rather than shared slots with other party members?

I don't think so, unfortunately... it may be much easier for me too! x'P

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: 2018-05-24 10:35:29 »

hi , read your explanation in your post on steam about how to extract beatrix out of your mod , but i didn't understand exactly how we will get her once we accomplish the method II , i mean: she will just appear and stay in the party selection screen ? she will substitute a character in battle ?

For the first question, yes. You extract the option to have her as a bonus character, so the scenes with her and the party stuff.  8)

And no, she has fortunately her own slot!

Alright, so he may not have changed the Enemy script so far, yet it be an AI script Blank causing a glitch with the battle camera when Zidane comes in.

Oh, by the way, anything new?  ???

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: 2018-05-24 11:32:44 »
@Tetraspore: No, adding the three Tantalus members to the party is still relying on shared slots.
It is in the realm of possible to add slots to them, because it's in the engine source code (that can be modded using Albeoris's Memoria or other C# DLL editing tools like dnSpy). It however requires a big amount of work and it would be hard to deal with the interface (in the party selection menu and for the shop portraits).
The game is designed with 9 character slots ; a lot of datas and static numbers are relying on that, not to mention that the Field scripts are, as for them, expecting to have 8 team characters at some points (same problem with Beatrix).
I am not interested myself in adding Blank, Marcus or Cinna to the team of permanent characters, because I don't see the point both gameplay-wise and story-wise. But if I ever get into it, I'll let you know.

@ploppo: You're welcome :)
As ToraCarol said, you'll have the ability to recruit her. That means you must go to Alexandria's castle after getting the airship where you can meet her and let her come in the team. Then she'll appear in the party selection menu just like any other playable character.

@ToraCarol: no, sorry... As said, HW has little to no control over the cameras. I really don't know why the camera is scrambled for you and not for me (I mean, when you add Blank in your mod versus when I add Beatrix in mine).

I will release a new version of HW pretty soon (surely this week-end). I have investigated an "auto-translation" feature for translating texts automatically and, while I saw that it was possible, it would have delayed too much the next version (that has important bug fixes among other things).
So there will be an auto-translate in the future, but not in the upcoming version.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: 2018-05-24 12:07:39 »
@Tetraspore: No, adding the three Tantalus members to the party is still relying on shared slots.
It is in the realm of possible to add slots to them, because it's in the engine source code (that can be modded using Albeoris's Memoria or other C# DLL editing tools like dnSpy). It however requires a big amount of work and it would be hard to deal with the interface (in the party selection menu and for the shop portraits).
The game is designed with 9 character slots ; a lot of datas and static numbers are relying on that, not to mention that the Field scripts are, as for them, expecting to have 8 team characters at some points (same problem with Beatrix).
I am not interested myself in adding Blank, Marcus or Cinna to the team of permanent characters, because I don't see the point both gameplay-wise and story-wise. But if I ever get into it, I'll let you know.

@ploppo: You're welcome :)
As ToraCarol said, you'll have the ability to recruit her. That means you must go to Alexandria's castle after getting the airship where you can meet her and let her come in the team. Then she'll appear in the party selection menu just like any other playable character.

@ToraCarol: no, sorry... As said, HW has little to no control over the cameras. I really don't know why the camera is scrambled for you and not for me (I mean, when you add Blank in your mod versus when I add Beatrix in mine).

I will release a new version of HW pretty soon (surely this week-end). I have investigated an "auto-translation" feature for translating texts automatically and, while I saw that it was possible, it would have delayed too much the next version (that has important bug fixes among other things).
So there will be an auto-translate in the future, but not in the upcoming version.

Nice! Can't wait!!!  ;D

And do not worry, I try to solve this myself in some way.. :-\

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: 2018-05-24 12:47:47 »
Oh Tirlititi, I forgot to askin you..

You think it may be soon aviable the model swap? I seriously want to try to put Lanì as a character bonus, but I know that for now it's not possible in any way..

Squid7777

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: 2018-05-24 20:36:43 »
Good afternoon everyone. I am a complete newb when it comes to this stuff. I downloaded HW and was messing around with some text for items and abilities, etc. Just to learn how to use this and test it out. But I cannot figure out how to actually apply my changes to my Steam version of FF9. I cannot seem to find a basic tutorial of how to use HW. Can anyone help me out? Forgive me if this is not the right place to ask. Feel free to redirect me if necessary. Thanks!

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: 2018-05-25 20:56:25 »
@Tirlititi ok got it  ,but i tried to follow the instructions that you wrote on steam , she still doesn't appear in the place that you show in the castle  , it mean that i did something wrong , since an explanation from me about what i did would be useless because i actually made a mistake but i don't know were the mistake is , you think you can assist me with team viewer ? like : you take a look at what i am doing , and tell me were i am wrong :D ;  another way to solve the problem ( at least in my case ) can be this : explain me the most cheapest way that i can try to add her , i am not so focused on story line , so if i manage to recruit her by making her appear in the middle of the most absurd place in the most absurd phase of the plot , i will be happy anyway , not only that , if i can replace stainer with her ( only in battle of course, non in the cutscene  ) , it will be even better , i hate stainer , i mean , she should be the member of our group , not that medieval version of Ragonier Ugo Fantozzi, is because of that terrible choice if now we are doing a mess in order to have her :O ; i was thinking about the procedure to extract beatrix out of your mod , maybe i had keep ticked some other files besides texts and fields , but it is only an hypotesis due to desperation :\
« Last Edit: 2018-05-26 10:36:00 by ploppo »

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: 2018-05-26 10:09:19 »
Good afternoon everyone. I am a complete newb when it comes to this stuff. I downloaded HW and was messing around with some text for items and abilities, etc. Just to learn how to use this and test it out. But I cannot figure out how to actually apply my changes to my Steam version of FF9. I cannot seem to find a basic tutorial of how to use HW. Can anyone help me out? Forgive me if this is not the right place to ask. Feel free to redirect me if necessary. Thanks!

look for me on telegram : @medesimome , i am not a modder , but if you let me connect to your pc with team viewer i can show you the modding that i can apply and explain to you the little things i know

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: 2018-05-26 10:51:06 »

Hi there, it's easy! First of all, when your project is finished you click on File --> Steam Mod and  you choose your destination folder (never on the same of FFIX).
After this there will are some folders with files in, everything you need to do is to copy the files in the folders, and paste into the folders with the same name you will find into the FFIX folder

Hope I explained well enough ;)

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: 2018-05-26 11:06:26 »
he need explanations about how to use the program , not only about how to save the changes

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: 2018-05-26 12:18:46 »
@Tirlititi there is another thing i need help for : unlike the other characters , amarant\the salamander-man and zidane , can't use their trance commends during the normale state , no matter if i put their trance command in the section of the normal commands in battle , but as i said , this problem exist only for them , basically , if i put dharma in the normal commands of amarant , the respective abilities will just disappear , the same goes for zidane , so what's the procedure to solve the problem ?

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: 2018-05-26 14:32:31 »
Guys, I guess I need your help again..so.. in the end I've decided to put Blank in the third part on Pandemonium.. the one with Dagger, but for some reason (I bet I forgot something on the code) everytime I try to call an action battle for Blank (using potions, abilities etc), Dagger do those actions (and glitching too) so there's something kinda strange, for sure something that I didn't add

But WHAT?  :cry:

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: 2018-05-26 14:43:02 »
I don't know either... You have weird problems seriously ^^'
Please show your codes in which you add Blank in the battle. I also need to see the "SetCharacterData" line that you use for setting up Blank.

For model swapping, I'm working on it but I don't guarantee anything for the next release.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: 2018-05-26 15:50:15 »
I don't know either... You have weird problems seriously ^^'
Please show your codes in which you add Blank in the battle. I also need to see the "SetCharacterData" line that you use for setting up Blank.

Ahahaha,I know right? Okay, let me see..

Those two are for the battle

Code: [Select]
Function Main_Init
    InitObject( 1, 128 )
    while ( !( GetBattleLoadState & 16 ) ) {
        Wait( 1 )
        set VAR_GenUInt8_206 = GetRandom
    }
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_24 = ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 0 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_24 |= ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 1 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_26 = ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 2 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_28 = ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 3 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_28 |= ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 4 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_28 |= ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 5 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_28 |= ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 6 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_30 = ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 7 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_30 |= ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 8 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_32 = ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 9 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_34 = ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 10 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_34 |= ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 11 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_36 = ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 12 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_38 = ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 13 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_40 = ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 15 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_42 = ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 16 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_42 |= ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 17 ) )
    set #( VAR_GlobUInt16_44 = ( SV_PlayerTeam[MODEL_TYPE] ==$ 18 ) )
    if ( #VAR_GlobUInt16_28 ) {
        set VAR_GlobUInt8_46++
        set VAR_GlobUInt16_28[MODEL_OFF] =$ 65535L
        set VAR_GlobUInt16_28[SHADOW] =$ 0
        set VAR_GlobUInt16_42[MODEL_OFF] =$ 65535L
        set VAR_GlobUInt16_42[SHADOW] =$ 0
    }
    while ( GetBattleState != 1 ) {
        if ( #VAR_GlobUInt16_42 ) {
            set VAR_GlobUInt16_42[PRESENCE_OFF] =$ 1
        }
        Wait( 1 )
    }
    if ( #VAR_GlobUInt16_28 ) {
        set VAR_GlobUInt16_28[PRESENCE_OFF] =$ 1
    }
    Wait( 1 )
    RunBattleCode( 35, 0 )
    while ( GetBattleState != 4 ) {
        Wait( 1 )
    }
    return

Function Main_Loop
    if ( VAR_GlobUInt8_47 && ( !VAR_LocUInt8_0 ) ) {
        set VAR_LocUInt8_0++
        while ( IsAttacking != 0 ) {
            Wait( 1 )
        }
        if ( GetBattleState != 4 ) {
            return
        }
        RunBattleCode( 32, 0 )
        while ( GetBattleState != 1 ) {
            Wait( 1 )
        }
        set VAR_GlobUInt8_52 = 255
        set VAR_GlobUInt8_48++
        while ( !VAR_GlobUInt8_49 ) {
            Wait( 1 )
        }
        set VAR_GlobUInt16_28[PRESENCE_ON] =$ 1
        set VAR_GlobUInt16_42[PRESENCE_ON] =$ 1
        set VAR_GlobUInt8_50++
        while ( !VAR_GlobUInt8_51 ) {
            Wait( 1 )
        }
        Wait( 5 )
        set VAR_GlobUInt16_28[MODEL_ON] =$ 65535L
        set VAR_GlobUInt16_28[SHADOW] =$ 1
        set VAR_GlobUInt16_42[MODEL_ON] =$ 65535L
        set VAR_GlobUInt16_42[SHADOW] =$ 1
        Wait( 40 )
        RunBattleCode( 36, 9 )
        BattleDialog( 11 )
        Wait( 45 )
        if ( #( SV_PlayerTeam & VAR_GlobUInt16_28 ) ) {
            if ( !( ( #Matching(VAR_GlobUInt16_28[STATUS_AUTO_A], 2097152L) ) && ( !( #Matching(VAR_GlobUInt16_42[STATUS_AUTO_A], 2097152L) ) ) ) ) {
                RunBattleCode( 36, 10 )
            } else {
                RunBattleCode( 36, 11 )
            }
        }
        BattleDialog( 12 )
        Wait( 60 )
        RunBattleCode( 35, 0 )
        while ( GetBattleState != 4 ) {
            Wait( 1 )
        }
    }
    Wait( 1 )
    loop

and those are the lines where i putted Blank in

CureStatus( 0, 127 )
        CureStatus( 1, 127 )
        CureStatus( 3, 127 )
        CureStatus( 2, 127 )
        CureStatus( 4, 127 )
        CureStatus( 5, 127 )
        CureStatus( 7, 127 )
        CureStatus( 6, 127 )
        CureStatus( 8, 127 )

--------------- HERE I STARTED

SetCharacterData( 11, 1, 14, 21, 7 )
        SetName( 11, 92 )
        set Setting_PartyReserve = 1215
        SetPartyReserve( Setting_PartyReserve )

RemoveParty( 0 )
        RemoveParty( 1 )
        RemoveParty( 2 )
        RemoveParty( 3 )
        RemoveParty( 4 )
        RemoveParty( 5 )
        RemoveParty( 9 )
        RemoveParty( 6 )
        RemoveParty( 10 )
        RemoveParty( 7 )
        RemoveParty( 11 )
        RemoveParty( 8 )

set VAR_GlobBool_147 = AddParty(2)
        set VAR_GlobBool_147 = AddParty(0)
        set VAR_GlobBool_147 = AddParty(11)
        set VAR_GlobBool_147 = AddParty(65535)

set VARL_GenUInt8_303 = 0
        set VAR_GlobInt16_8 = ( VAR_GlobInt16_10 = ( VAR_GlobInt16_12 = ( VAR_GlobInt16_14 = 99 ) ) )
        if ( 1 ) {
            set VARL_GenUInt8_303++
            set VAR_GlobInt16_8 = 2
        }
        if ( 1 ) {
            set VARL_GenUInt8_303++
            set VAR_GlobInt16_10 = 0
        }
        if ( 1 ) {
            set VARL_GenUInt8_303++
            set VAR_GlobInt16_12 = 11
        }
        if ( 0 ) {
            set VARL_GenUInt8_303++
            set VAR_GlobInt16_14 = 65535

----------------- HERE I FINISHED

}
        set VAR_GlobBool_148 = ( VAR_GlobBool_149 = ( VAR_GlobBool_150 = ( VAR_GlobBool_151 = 0 ) ) )
        if ( VAR_GlobInt16_8 != 99 ) {
            if ( GetHP(VAR_GlobInt16_8) == 0 ) {
                set VAR_GlobBool_148 = 1
            }
        }
        if ( VAR_GlobInt16_10 != 99 ) {
            if ( GetHP(VAR_GlobInt16_10) == 0 ) {
                set VAR_GlobBool_149 = 1
            }
        }
        if ( VAR_GlobInt16_12 != 99 ) {
            if ( GetHP(VAR_GlobInt16_12) == 0 ) {
                set VAR_GlobBool_150 = 1
            }
        }
        if ( VAR_GlobInt16_14 != 99 ) {
            if ( GetHP(VAR_GlobInt16_14) == 0 ) {
                set VAR_GlobBool_151 = 1
            }
        }
        if ( ( ( ( VAR_GlobBool_148 + VAR_GlobBool_149 ) + VAR_GlobBool_150 ) + VAR_GlobBool_151 ) == VARL_GenUInt8_303 ) {
            if ( ( VAR_GlobInt16_8 != 99 ) && ( VAR_GlobBool_148 == 1 ) ) {
                SetHP( VAR_GlobInt16_8, 1 )
            }
            if ( ( VAR_GlobInt16_10 != 99 ) && ( VAR_GlobBool_149 == 1 ) ) {
                SetHP( VAR_GlobInt16_10, 1 )
            }
            if ( ( VAR_GlobInt16_12 != 99 ) && ( VAR_GlobBool_150 == 1 ) ) {
                SetHP( VAR_GlobInt16_12, 1 )
            }
            if ( ( VAR_GlobInt16_14 != 99 ) && ( VAR_GlobBool_151 == 1 ) ) {
                SetHP( VAR_GlobInt16_14, 1 )
            }
        }
        CureStatus( 0, 127 )
        CureStatus( 1, 127 )
        CureStatus( 3, 127 )
        CureStatus( 2, 127 )
        CureStatus( 4, 127 )
        CureStatus( 5, 127 )
        CureStatus( 7, 127 )
        CureStatus( 6, 127 )
        CureStatus( 8, 127 )
        if ( IsInParty(5) ) {
            set Setting_OptionalQuina = 1
        } else {
            set Setting_OptionalQuina = 0
        }
        if ( ( ( Setting_PartyInitialized >> 0 ) & 1 ) == 0 ) {
            SetCharacterData( 0, 1, 255, 9, 0 )
            set Setting_PartyInitialized |= 1
        }
        if ( ( ( Setting_PartyInitialized >> 2 ) & 1 ) == 0 ) {
            SetCharacterData( 2, 1, 255, 6, 2 )
            set Setting_PartyInitialized |= 4
        }
For model swapping, I'm working on it but I don't guarantee anything for the next release.

Oh do not worry about it, I still wait with hope!
« Last Edit: 2018-05-26 15:52:49 by ToraCarol »

Squid7777

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: 2018-05-26 19:10:34 »
Yes, that worked, thank you ToraCarol!

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: 2018-05-27 18:22:58 »
@ToraCarol thanks :D

Squid7777

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: 2018-05-27 20:35:04 »
I want to add damage to the Break attacks Steiner has. So, it does damage like a regular attack, and also performs the Break (Power, Armor, etc.) Is there any way to do that?