Author Topic: - FFSceneEditor : Update v0.07 -  (Read 8983 times)

-gone away-

• View Profile
- FFSceneEditor : Update v0.07 -
« on: 2006-02-06 08:30:53 »
Requirements
- Merge Files Installed, if you already have them you dont need them again
- .net framework v2
- scene file names need to follow standard naming convention e.g. scene1 or scene243

- Merge Files Install-
http://www.geocities.com/b_smithie/vccrt.zip

- Main Program / Editor -
http://www.geocities.com/b_smithie/FF7SF.zip

* Completed *
- basic monster stat editing
- correct elements list
- Entire Monster Listing, for easyier selection
- better win/steal thingy
- disabled character input keys (forgot to do last time)

* In Progress *
- Attack's Editing
- Bug Squashin
- code overhaul's, im a perfectionist so i tend to keep refining code over & over, and then a month latter when ive learnt something new i will do it all again.
- Tabs im pretty sure are messed up again, i moved some stuff on the interface around to try and make it neater.

Notes:
- Save each entity as you go, the auto save like before has been removed because of problems with the list. (It was letting me select different items on the list as it was still saving  :evil: )
- Saving the directory will auto close after its finished.
- Start anew from the original files, i dont wont any bug reports that are not or that could be possibly linked to the use of another editor.

As things are now starting to get somewhere please report any bugs that you are having or find, theres bound to be a few somewhere.

-- EDIT --

Few, scared myself for a second there... i remembered a possible error that i forgot to test for. Just ran an ingame test and its all good. So my previous warning that was here is now invalid.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #1 on: 2006-02-06 10:24:49 »
Looks neat :P

Anyway, two bugs:
 - When you load a directory and click on "Save Current", it will crash (Index out of bound error)
 - It also crashes if it hasn't found files (what about giving us an option to name the files whatever we'd like?)

dziugo

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-02-06 11:03:07 »
- When you load a directory and click on "Save Current", it will crash (Index out of bound error)

Yea, i should've set a defaul ent to load. It crashes because it's trying to find -1 within an array, which isn't possible. -1 is the default list selection which equals nothing.
- It also crashes if it hasn't found files (what about giving us an option to name the files whatever we'd like?)

Maybe later. I dont really see why the user would like to rename 256 scene files.

The interface is pretty bad i reckon. I've been meaning to put a drop down menu in. Heh, also glad to hear that there only bugs i already know about - not any of these "you've killed my computer you basterd" bug's, those ones suck  :lol: .

-- edit --

Just realised something stupid, i accidently put in unused as one of the possible elements  :oops:

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-03-28 14:54:15 »
The first link is not working...Can you please check that, -gone away- ?

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-09 15:29:14 »
Glad to see your still working on this Smithie, I didnt notice you had changed your name.
By the way I got plenty of time to do some testing/editing if you need some help (till the 18th anyway), since I was made redundant back in feb, so I have some spare time to burn!

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-04-11 07:53:39 »
Quote from: Salk

The first link is not working...Can you please check that, -gone away- ?

I've been away while uni's on, thats why the names -gone away- lol.
..got some free time now that easter holidays are comming up, so i thought i would check whats up here.

.. anyway both those links should be down by now.. as thats with an old yahoo account which i havent used in a long time.

Um... quite simply the editor will not be updated or supported unless a specific bug to do with the re-compression of files gets fixed, i thought of a way to fix it the other day which i might try out after this friday, if it works then i'll get back into finishing off the editor, probly convert it over so it doesn't require .net 2.0 as well, if that ever happens then ill fix up the links.

Sad Jari

« Reply #6 on: 2006-04-11 09:34:10 »
Quote from: -gone away-
I've been away while uni's on, thats why the names -gone away- lol.
..got some free time now that easter holidays are comming up, so i thought i would check whats up here.

No, we haven't forgotten yet. Why don't you tell him why you left, while we are at it? :lol:

How does it feel to act like an idiot and then trying to slither back like nothing ever happened?

And please remind me, what were the nice things you called me? Because buster, you fucked with the wrong dude. Should have just stayed away after it...

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-04-11 11:39:24 »
Whatever man

The Skillster

• View Profile
Re: - FFSceneEditor : Update v0.07 -
« Reply #8 on: 2006-08-31 21:37:31 »
Hey is this really the place/thread/forum/whatever to bring this up?
No I don't think so.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #9 on: 2006-08-31 22:26:08 »
Hey, Skillster, you're a member of this board for almost 6 years (!) now... you should know not to revive dead topics...

- Alhexx

- Edit -
Btw, I think "-gone away-" has been banned on the "old" phpBB2 forums... but the bannings have not been ported to the new forum software.
« Last Edit: 2006-08-31 22:28:04 by Alhexx »

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-09-03 12:42:07 »
Now, why was he banned?

Alhexx - Sorry I didnt see the last posted date, for some dumb reason I saw this reply in under the page linked to the "Show unread posts since last visit." at the top of the page under "user info". I only just noticed I had been looking at threads that were 4-6 months old.