Author Topic: Random Old Topic. Very funny.  (Read 3715 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Random Old Topic. Very funny.
« on: 2016-09-29 03:25:18 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=2894.0

I sometimes check out the online users of this forum, and it never ceases to amaze me what topics are being read. Maybe most of the guest users are just bots or something, but some of this shit is hilarious.  This one is probably the best one I've seen.   :-D

The Butcher hates Chocobos, and will chop them up whenever he sees them. Take him to the Chocobo farm, it's pretty funny!

Hahaha!  I never even heard of all these whacky rumours. This guy dealt with it using humour :)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Random Old Topic. Very funny.
« Reply #1 on: 2016-09-29 11:46:46 »
How Orwellian of you. ;)

Still, these oldie-but-goodie posts are great. Back before we had hard evidence that there wasn't major undiscovered content like new characters.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-09-29 12:05:46 »
Yeah - the 1/35 Soldier thing caused by the old localization not making it clear they were a pack of models 1:35 scale.  It made it look like you had to collect 35 of them or 12 (because it says 12 in the set, rather than a set of 12).  And then people had whacky theories that if you managed to gain 12 or 35 you got free Fort Condor units.  I actually believed that for the longest time.  No-one knows what the FF team were planning with them...  they may have been used on certain maps as placeholders that weren't removed. At the Gold Saucer they are just a novelty prize.

As for the above thread, it's so funny.  That guy managed to start a rumour about a f-in butcher that chops chocobos up - and to get him you need to do a series of meaningless tasks so he will pop out of Vincent's coffin. I nearly shat myself laughing when I read that.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-29 12:08:05 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-11-05 17:19:15 »
It's possible that the models were meant for Cait Siths toy soldiers limit.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-11-05 17:37:53 »
The soldiers are real soldiers scaled down.  The models are used for all the captain soldiers in the game.  Plus battle is a different module.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-11-05 20:24:39 »
But you could increase the power of the attack depending of how many mini soldiers are in the inventory. The limits of cait do look unfinished in general. I mean he has only two of them.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-11-10 12:41:14 »
You're definitely right about Cait being unfinished. I guess that's also more proof that he was shoe-horned into the story late in development.