Author Topic: Movie Tweaking  (Read 22435 times)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: Movie Tweaking
« Reply #25 on: 2009-01-24 22:20:00 »
Well, it happens that people forget to put a backslash at the end of the movie path when they change their videos directory. Not saying that you did it, but a simple reinstall would fix it if it's broken. Yup, you can "just" double-check the movie path in the registry, but then make sure that it's copied from the address bar, and not typed by hand.

If not that, then some codec (other than TM2.0) is trying to play the FMVs. Uninstalling all the codecs (and I really mean ALL) and then installing the TM2.0 should fix it (you can install the other codecs later, just make sure that it all runs fine in FF7). Drastic measure, worked for years... Non-drastic measure would be to tweak the codecs, but you already tried that...

namelesswalaby

« Reply #26 on: 2009-01-25 04:29:55 »
What about corrupt video files?  What do I do about those?

I'm stuck at the northern cave.  I freeze after the weapons escaping video is done.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #27 on: 2009-01-25 10:52:30 »
What about corrupt video files?  What do I do about those?

I'm stuck at the northern cave.  I freeze after the weapons escaping video is done.
Here.

namelesswalaby

« Reply #28 on: 2009-01-25 11:01:42 »
Well, thanks for that, but it seems that my file is corrupted.  Can I get someone to get past this for me?  Please?

Movian

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-01-25 11:03:20 »
THANK YOU! lol

no one mentioned (at least if they did) that you needed a traling slash on the registry key. Why it installed the default reg keys without a trailing slash either i don't know .... but that explains why it didn't work of the cd's either..... thanks

I feel so stupid now! hehe. They are still grainy but i think that might be because i am not using the High Res patch as i have a wide screen Laptop
And the screen Dosn't support either of the resolutions the patch offers. There for i will see if there is any way i can setup my own custom resolution that i know
that my laptop can support and then try again to remove the graininess from the vids