Author Topic: [REL]Aerith LeekSpin(Final)  (Read 14995 times)

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
[REL]Aerith LeekSpin(Final)
« on: 2010-08-05 07:24:36 »
  Make Aerith spin the leek!:P Now with custom installer(which requires unmodded battle.lgp from original game) althrough I'll try to change the installer in the future if I find anything better, as it's 20mb >.> and around 19,9mb too big as for my taste:P(and my crappy upload). Automatic installer is just a demo option couse it sets Aerith 1 weapon to Leek model, that's all. Use it only if you will have problems with adding it to game otherwise.

[Idiot mode]
 Wooohoo that was my 50'th post! @_@
 [/Idiot mode]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Download:
Version 005 final:
 http://www.speedyshare.com/files/23694800/AerithLeekSpin.v005Final.7z

Half automatic installer(read below):
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/23697586/LeekSpin_-_halfauto.exe

Mediafire mirror:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jlj6qe6ukja6obe

Fully Automatic Installer:
(read the beginning of the post twice if you really want it:P)
 http://www.mediafire.com/?fm8d58yx8dw0zq6

Half automatic installer is exactly what the name says, it does half of the work for you:P, you still need to unpack your battle.lgp, and later pack it back, but it automatically unpack all needed files for this mod to work(see notes inside installer). You need to use Wallmarket or manually change models through as I set Leek weapon in this half auto patch as Aerith's 12 weapon, meaning model isn't used at all. Just use Wall Market to edit your kernel.bin and change "Model ID" of a weapon you want to have this model(if you want to add new weapon to Aerith, read stuff inside installer too:P) to "0B". Basically it's same as manual, but you don't need Kimera, as I saw many people had problems with it on some configs, also there is no perfect Kimera version for now as I understand. Anyway read install notes when you use this version.

Features:
 - model file nearly ready(change name first) to throw inside unpacked battle.lgp to edit Aerith and add texture,
 - included crappy texture this time not so efficiently packed, but easy to edit in case you want to correct something as that texture is basically baked from colored model,
 - screenshot from Kimera and ingame to add motivation into installing it,
 - very long, useless and boring readme.txt, including my rants about problems I had in the process of releasing last two versions(v 1 and 2 was closer in looks to a rocket launcher than a leek >.> I guess I must have been drunk, hopefully I didn't released anything from them:P).

:O have fun spinning the Leek.

Model made completely from scratch as my first project in Blender, it was just a learning project I made instead of reading boring blender tutorials so don't expect anything superb. - Wait you DO, Aerith spinning the LEEK is superb! xD

PS. If you know better patching program(I used ClickTeam Patch Maker) feel free to let me know on pm:P having 20mb file for a model and a texture is pretty much useless and it also require unchanged battle.lgp file:C.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-07 12:07:36 by Miseru »

ultima espio

• View Profile
Re: [REL]Aerith LeekSpin(v004)
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-06 15:29:50 »
She even spins it when using her slash all attack :P

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-06 16:39:29 »
This is hilarious!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-06 16:57:33 »
You should make a Hatsune Miku model as well :3

Miseru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-08-06 20:45:23 »
 Hah, nobody downloaded new version QQ, but thanks for the support^_^.

About Hatsune Miku I'm one person that shouldn't do that xD couse I only once before tried to model human, plus it was only low poly one and just got interested in modelling in blender which tend to hide everything in it's unreadable(at least on the beginning) interface, maybe I'll learn some more stuff of the program and it can be fun to try, but result if any will most likely turn asexual. 3:

*Going on hunt for Hatsune Miku refference pics*

*Edited to cut out useless stuff, look at the first post for newest version of Leek model aka Aerith Leak Spin Mod.*
« Last Edit: 2010-08-07 05:17:17 by Miseru »

JordieBo

• View Profile
Re: [REL]Aerith LeekSpin(Final)
« Reply #5 on: 2010-08-07 21:15:54 »
I can't remember, does Aerith have a Joke Weapon like the Nail Bat? Can you change her joke weapon to this? :P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-08-07 21:18:06 »
All the characters have one. Aeris' "joke" weapon is the umbrella.

Miseru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-08-08 03:14:57 »
 Hah kind of unrelated, but... I must say I'll not work over Hatsune Miku's model :O there is one already and it's soo damn beautifull I would never get close to it.
 Check render from blender:3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And best part this model is available free for any non-commercial use, meaning it wouldn't be illegal to make a mod with it, just kind of waste as ff7 would never render it like that:P. In ff7 it would look just ugly in compare to such renders. ~_~

Edit: Here's the link with this model if anyone want it:3
 PS. DO NOT pm me, or ask here how to put it in game, that's blender model, not ff7 model(through anyone can convert it>.>).
 http://kiomodel3.sblo.jp/article/23486819.html
« Last Edit: 2010-08-08 03:25:27 by Miseru »

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-08-09 17:06:54 »
And best part this model is available free for any non-commercial use, meaning it wouldn't be illegal to make a mod with it, just kind of waste as ff7 would never render it like that:P. In ff7 it would look just ugly in compare to such renders. ~_~

Well you could get a tiny bit closer to it by doing this perhaps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu30ntvrJGo&videos=yWAA2xP1P_8&playnext=2

Miseru

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-08-10 02:06:53 »
 I don't even know how that's made on this movie, through I heard some idea in old times of HL1 to duplicate model making it just a little bigger than original, then flip the normals or whatever it's called soo it could be seen only from the inside and paint it black or close to it, meaning kind of implementing cell shade without engine changes.
 But if that's the case on that movie, that Miku's model would make the game explode:P, it's already ultra detailed(most of the details is modeled, not just textured) also how battle models in ff7 are used it could never look soo nice. Maybe I try to convert it just to see if my game doesn't explode xD, but when I get a will to do it >.< couse it would need to be joint in many places and cut in others, maybe it's easy, but it feel like alot of work and I'm turning lazy just by thinking about it now.

Feel free to try it yourself:P, it's not my model, and it's free, through not many would be interested in it I guess, my leek model isn't too popular either as it's silly model not a flashy uber cool sword + a model that would change Aerith is a "blasphemy" for many "emo lovers" here.^_^(added "emo" as I feel loving computer game character must be reserved for emos:P hopefully Miku isn't game character <3 - joke xD)

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-08-10 03:48:46 »
I don't even know how that's made on this movie, through I heard some idea in old times of HL1 to duplicate model making it just a little bigger than original, then flip the normals or whatever it's called soo it could be seen only from the inside and paint it black or close to it, meaning kind of implementing cell shade without engine changes.

Yeah, that's how he did it.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-08-10 05:43:14 »
added "emo" as I feel loving computer game character must be reserved for emos:P hopefully Miku isn't game character <3 - joke xD

I'm guessing you're not familiar with Hermoor yet

Miseru

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-08-10 10:44:16 »
 Hermoor? Yeah I guess I'm to fresh here to know everyone. Did game character broken with him and he rage about it?:P I thought everyone say about such love non-literally, I guess I was wrong then. Anyway I have a feeling it's good I don't know him:P.

Hah and suprising I guessed right about that cell shading. After I posted I saw in related to that movie "epsx" and thought it could be some filter on emu. I remember not many people liked this method back in HL1 times as it multiplied game/mod requirements, but I guess it doesn't matter as much now as long as ff7 engine isn't limited with details. Somewhat if every battle model would be cellshaded like that it should fix "no-glow" from poison and other stuff we have with textured models as the shade one, being without texture would glow I think..

*Damn my only topic and it's an offtop in release:C*
 Ok let's end that offtop, if anyone have anything to say about my model or find something with it that deserves correction feel free to write, except maybe texture itself as I suck at drawing and can't really do it myself. It's added as bmp file through and mapped in really wastefull, but clear way - easy to correct/change.

Miku model can get new topic once I or anyone else finally converts it, and probably get some approvement from original author, I read this model is free to any non commercial use, but I dunno japanese to understand it myself, and translators are faulty for more exotic languages;P(hell I wouldn't understand if I translated my own language to english and back >.>). Cell shading even knowing how to do it, kind of stand out if the rest of the models aren't cell shaded:C, I could try to make it through, for my leek model as test first as through I understand how to do it, I'm not sure how to convert such doubled model. :P About character it's even worse I feel I'll need to watch/read some tutorials first. Couse it feels harder than weapons, but I'm lazy to try now, to hot to sit long working on pc:3. OK lol I can't talk about converting that model ever again untill I do it:P, the more I think how to do it the less I wanna try. I'll just wait for some long and rainy day to make it from boredom like that Leek model.

Overseer X

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-09-12 02:07:57 »
This is one strange mod..  :o