Author Topic: opening problem  (Read 3994 times)

Geoffpool

• View Profile
opening problem
« on: 2017-02-20 23:49:07 »
I've made a cut scene for the opening that's exactly the same length as the default cut scene but the guards appear on the screen with the battle music about half way through, tried it with another opening I found on youtube and it worked fine again, any ideas why my one that's the same length is triggering the guards?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: opening problem
« Reply #1 on: 2017-02-21 06:28:06 »
Length isn't the issue. You have to make the code work properly - especially if the code uses script calls, which can run in a separate "thread". Your code is faulty.

Geoffpool

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-02-21 08:29:21 »
how would I do that, I have makou reactor but have no idea how to use it

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-02-21 08:39:16 »
how would I do that, I have makou reactor but have no idea how to use it

That's the problem. You need to look at other scripts and learn how to program. The field script is pretty simple and it will be a good starter for you to learn programming also.  Unless someone around here dedicates time to helping you, you are on your own.  And, besides, even if you do get help, how long will it be before you need help again?

It's better to just invest 24 hours of your time and learn how it all works.  If you want to start a thread asking how various instructions work, then I'd pop along every so often.

If you do program already, the field script will be a doddle. I didn't know how to use Makou at all at the beginning, but taught myself.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-02-21 18:00:38 »
I don't think it's script-related. You're just replacing the FMV and nothing else, right?

Make sure the replacement FMV runs at 15fps. If it runs at 30, then even if it's supposedly the same length, it's twice as many frames. That'll throw the game off, since it's expecting 15fps videos like the original.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-02-21 18:08:14 »
Yeah, I may have misread you.  If it's the FMV only that you have changed, it will likely be the frame rate.

Geoffpool

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017-02-21 18:31:36 »
I don't think it's script-related. You're just replacing the FMV and nothing else, right?

Make sure the replacement FMV runs at 15fps. If it runs at 30, then even if it's supposedly the same length, it's twice as many frames. That'll throw the game off, since it's expecting 15fps videos like the original.

That worked, thanks so much, I better change the frame rate to all the other FMVs I made too.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-02-21 18:40:46 »
That worked, thanks so much, I better change the frame rate to all the other FMVs I made too.
I'm pretty sure you only need to change the framerate to FMVs with models overlaid, like the opening. If an FMV runs without models, it'll just run until it's finished, and 30fps will work fine.

For what it's worth, you CAN make even the opening work at 30fps if you wanna put some work into scripting. The camera movement and the guards appearing would all need re-timed to match 30fps. It's probably more effort than you want to put in, especially given the learning curve involved, but it's not impossible.