Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008362 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] The Reunion
« Reply #225 on: 2014-02-05 01:34:39 »
The link is there. Could be a google issue. Wait a while.
======

Also, need to know who has done full walk-through of Retranslation, and added corrections here.  So I can add you to the credits.

So far I have mugenginga and Kalkano.

Also:

The prizes for Rollercoaster are broken.  A total cock up on my end.  I will fix that for R02.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-05 01:49:52 by DLPB »

fladimir_hokage

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2014-02-05 03:11:17 »
the bootleg is associated with this mod?
that is to install in conjunction with the bootleg?

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #227 on: 2014-02-05 04:02:04 »

Also, need to know who has done full walk-through of Retranslation, and added corrections here.  So I can add you to the credits.

So far I have mugenginga and Kalkano.

Never thought my ability to marathon games + my lack of life would be useful to anyone. XD

Jaki

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2014-02-05 05:30:33 »
« Last Edit: 2014-06-19 13:23:44 by Jaki »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2014-02-05 13:10:24 »
You know that "as as our special" error in Junon was there in the original game.  It escaped my own edits, 5 read throughs, and Covarr's read through.  Until someone here spotted it.  I never noticed it in the original game.

Ver Greeneyes

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2014-02-05 13:24:27 »
Out of curiosity, have you tried searching (with a regular expression or something) for other instances of short words appearing back to back in the script? There are legitimate uses of course (e.g. "The promise that that man made") but I wouldn't be too surprised if there were other cases that you miss 99% of the time.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2014-02-05 13:28:20 »
yeah, I did do a few searches for repeating text after this one was found.  I couldn't see any.  But duplications of words can happen at any time by mistake so it wouldn't be feasible to check all words.

I avoided using "that that" I think, even though it's correct.

Ver Greeneyes

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2014-02-05 23:56:11 »
But duplications of words can happen at any time by mistake so it wouldn't be feasible to check all words.
I was thinking of something like:
Code: [Select]
for (i = 1; i < words_in_script.length; i++) {
  if (words_in_script[i - 1] == words_in_script[i]) duplicate_words.push(i - 1);
}
:) I don't know how feasible that would be though.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-06 00:00:31 by Ver Greeneyes »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2014-02-05 23:58:53 »
 ;D Problem there is I only code in delphi.  The other issue is, would that work when the 2 words are on different lines?

Ver Greeneyes

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2014-02-06 00:05:13 »
Well, you'd have to generate the list of words first.. and maybe split them into separate lists for each non-white space character other than ' (though I don't know how often legitimate duplicates would come up even without that). If you have some monolithic file containing all the dialogue I could probably whip something up, but otherwise consider this just idle musing ;D

Delphi, huh? Man, that takes me back - took my first programming classes in Delphi :)
« Last Edit: 2014-02-06 00:07:14 by Ver Greeneyes »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2014-02-06 00:29:25 »
It's sadly an unappreciated and underused language now.  Everything I've done and every tool I've made has been with Delphi 7.  I'll use Pascal for as long as I can.  8)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2014-02-07 14:03:11 »
Sometimes I envy you guys.  You click install, and it all works.   :evil:

Also, when mating chocobos, the 2 dialogues telling you information will overlap one another (because they are the same box) .  I'll be fixing that soon.

edit.

I've also made a correction to Red's dialogue:

old
{RED XIII}
“I'm a little unsteady,but
  I shouldn't get caught.”{NEW}
“Humans usually only
  look on the surface anyway.”{NEW}
“I make a fine human in
  these clothes,don't I?”

Code: [Select]
{RED XIII}
“I'm a little unsteady,but
  I shouldn't get caught.”{NEW}
“…Humans usually take
  things at face value.”{NEW}
“I make a fine human
  in these clothes,don't I?”
« Last Edit: 2014-02-07 15:25:12 by DLPB »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #237 on: 2014-02-07 15:17:06 »
I hate to be "that person" who asks, but is there an ETA on R02? No biggie if not. I'm holding off on YT videos until then  :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2014-02-07 15:27:19 »
No point me giving you  an estimated time, as you know.  There's no such thing with this project because there are so many things that can go wrong or turn up unexpectedly.

All I can say is, I'm close to being satisfied with the new installer and fixes.  It shouldn't be too long.  Within a week should be easily doable.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2014-02-07 15:30:31 »
I dunno if DLPB has anyone else testing releases on Steam, but I personally won't be able to test between today and Tuesday, so if he doesn't have another Steam tester, it won't be out until Wednesday at the earliest.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #240 on: 2014-02-08 00:29:33 »
Heya DLPB. First of all, congrats for the first release!
I was reading the first post and I've read of 99 soldiers as new quest...
Why not make that once completed it, we need to delivered to someone who will give us something as gift?

It can be a nice thing and not invasive. Just a suggestion! :-D

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2014-02-08 06:35:52 »
DLPB,

I have a few questions, if you don't mind:

1) Is the new Aali custom driver useful for Reunion? I mean, the long-waited new release has an impact in this project?

2) Why isn't Anxious Heart part of Reunion?

3) You've been working a lot on the mini game fixes - are they all part of Aali's latest custom driver now?

4) How many hours of work do you think you've put into this project?  ;)

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2014-02-08 06:41:28 »
I dunno if DLPB has anyone else testing releases on Steam, but I personally won't be able to test between today and Tuesday, so if he doesn't have another Steam tester, it won't be out until Wednesday at the earliest.

Been  playing it for half an hour on the Steam version with Beacause, Menu Overhaul, Model Overhaul and Memory Patches (Gypt) Installed. So far I can't tell much difference dialogue-wise since I'm only at the earlier part of the game and Model Overhaul works rather well and looks good with a few glitches here and there (notably one NPC which I suspect has a problem with blinking eyes texture causing his upper head to disappear whenever he blinks). It's such a shame that the Menu Overhaul does not work on the Steam version or maybe there's a workaround which doesn't involve Aali's custom driver? Haven't done much extensive testing on the Memory Patch features apart from installing Glyph which I forgot to try out :(

BTW, is it possible to incorporate another mod for the field models so that we can still have the chibi look as in the original game but with better texturing and enhanced geos?I believe I saw one of those mods somewhere here.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2014-02-08 13:42:32 »
I was reading the first post and I've read of 99 soldiers as new quest...
Why not make that once completed it, we need to delivered to someone who will give us something as gift?

That was already being planned ;) 

1) Is the new Aali custom driver useful for Reunion? I mean, the long-waited new release has an impact in this project?

It is needed for the minigames so that they play at the correct speeds.  Without it, you will have to set refresh rate of your monitor to 60 and make sure vsync is ON in the config file.  If you don't, the games will not play correctly.

2) Why isn't Anxious Heart part of Reunion?

For the same reason the retranslated FMVs  won't be... it is too large and bulky.  I like to keep things nice and small and simple.  That's also why I created my own tools to do the job.  Separate installers aren't that bad when it comes down to music and video.

3) You've been working a lot on the mini game fixes - are they all part of Aali's latest custom driver now?

Aali has agreed to add the main fixes to his next driver.  Until then, Weapon option in the installer adds all necessary fixes.,  The submarine minigame is still not completed.  The changes to the difficulty and playability of the minigames is separate of course.  Aali's driver will only fix frame rate issues.

4) How many hours of work do you think you've put into this project?

That is difficult to tell...  especially since a lot of the time I am listening to music and browsing when I should be working :P  I have no idea...  I can't even estimate it.  But it's a SHIT TON.  And then you have Kranmer and Luksy who also worked with me... they have put in considerable hours too.
Been  playing it for half an hour on the Steam version with Beacause, Menu Overhaul, Model Overhaul and Memory Patches (Gypt) Installed

Unless you converted the game, that's impossible.. since this does not yet support Steam, and Menu Overhaul will never support it sadly.  Best thing to do is to convert the game to the 1998 version.

BTW, is it possible to incorporate another mod for the field models so that we can still have the chibi look as in the original game but with better texturing and enhanced geos?I believe I saw one of those mods somewhere here.

It is possible, but I won't add it to this installer.  It's not my thing and I don't think it fits in with the game well.  You are free to add it yourself manually.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-08 14:16:44 by DLPB »

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #244 on: 2014-02-08 16:12:11 »
For the same reason the retranslated FMVs  won't be... it is too large and bulky.  I like to keep things nice and small and simple.  That's also why I created my own tools to do the job.  Separate installers aren't that bad when it comes down to music and video.

Ooh, does that mean you'll be making an installer for the FMVs? I know you couldn't include it with Reunion due to size but the words there imply it might get a separate installer. It's totally fine either way, but now I'm curious. XD

I totally get your envy on us being able to just install and have it work even though I'm one of those people that is just having this work.  The amount of work this took, just from what I can see, is dizzying.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2014-02-08 16:27:40 »
I'll just pop them up for download... all you need to do is place them in a folder.

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #246 on: 2014-02-09 02:08:33 »
Oh, cool! Thanks~

Jaki

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2014-02-12 14:55:34 »
« Last Edit: 2014-06-19 13:34:29 by Jaki »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2014-02-12 14:56:55 »
Aali's driver config has that option (created by Dziugo).  You can set it in ff7_opengl.cfg.  For this reason, I removed it from Reunion.

Assuming latest Aali driver has it.

Jaki

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2014-02-12 14:59:23 »
« Last Edit: 2014-06-19 13:22:24 by Jaki »