Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save editor - Hyne (1.11.2)  (Read 548200 times)

Rigel

• Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, on
    • View Profile
Re: Hyne 1.3 - My ff8 save file editor
« Reply #25 on: 2011-03-10 10:29:52 »
Hi,
 I found a bug in triple triad regarding trade rule, if I change to direct, diff or All the rule in game remain "one" or nothing.
I use ff8 psx pal with epsxe 1.7 under window 7.
Can you solve?
Thanks

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #26 on: 2011-03-11 22:52:04 »
I have done anything for the trade rules, will normally be fixed in the next version :wink:.

Rigel

• Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, on
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-03-12 19:04:30 »
Ok, thanks. If can be usefull, I found a way to get the "ALL" rule working: I set "ALL" in actual use and direct in the city I want and this solution works.

rrgracym

« Reply #28 on: 2011-04-03 17:27:01 »
I don't usually post on forums but I'm having issues operating your program on Linux. I'm running Linux on vmware off of my mac. I have the ff8 disc and the game plays perfectly but I do not understand how to load and edit a PC save or a save that I make in-game to hyne. When I load the save it doesn't let me add new characters or save whatever I do in hyne. Im still learning to use Linux. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #29 on: 2011-04-04 12:07:42 »
I don't usually post on forums but I'm having issues operating your program on Linux. I'm running Linux on vmware off of my mac. I have the ff8 disc and the game plays perfectly but I do not understand how to load and edit a PC save or a save that I make in-game to hyne. When I load the save it doesn't let me add new characters or save whatever I do in hyne. Im still learning to use Linux. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

j/w wondering why are you not using the mac os version?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #30 on: 2011-04-12 07:53:28 »
Next version soon, I'll try to take into consideration all the enhancement requests and bug reports.

Changelog:
Editor:
  • Crash in battle order
  • Available checkbox (in characters>status) is splitting into several widgets (locked in 'switch' menu option)
  • Buttons to fill automaticaly the lists (fill all items...) & to sort
  • New Triple Triad/Rules page with more editable fields
  • New Chocobo World page, empty for now ^^'
  • New HexEditor page... :mrgreen:
Other:
  • Properties>memory card header now really editable for non-ff8 saves
  • Adding buttons to save icons in Properties>slot header
  • the FPS is detected automatically
  • The main window is resizable

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #31 on: 2011-04-12 12:38:58 »
  • New HexEditor page... :mrgreen:

intresting, ill have to see how you do this since i have not yet implimented it for BC. also the compile machines are working perfectly , my i suggest you in you about box you include the Qt version being used the function call is qVersion().

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
Re: Hyne 1.4 - My ff8 save file editor
« Reply #32 on: 2011-04-15 16:15:50 »
my i suggest you in you about box you include the Qt version being used the function call is qVersion().

Yeah why not.
Edit: done

New version released! http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9713.0
Enjoy!

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-04-22 04:44:56 »
how does the alternative costume number work, is it to change the characters costumes or for NPCs

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #34 on: 2011-04-22 08:58:04 »
Foreach playable characters:
 - 0: normal
 - 1: alternative (seed costume for Squall, Zell, Selphie, galbadian soldier for Laguna, Kiros and Ward)

This values can change during the game, so they are temporary, and this works for all battles, but not for each fields...

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-04-22 16:39:54 »
Foreach playable characters:
 - 0: normal
 - 1: alternative (seed costume for Squall, Zell, Selphie, galbadian soldier for Laguna, Kiros and Ward)

This values can change during the game, so they are temporary, and this works for all battles, but not for each fields...

Ah ok thank you very much :)

Pascual

« Reply #36 on: 2011-06-07 06:36:18 »
hey, I'm having a problem with this one. when I open the program and I try to open my save files, a notification pops out saying that the file type of my save file is protected and the changes would only be temporary or won't work. The file type of my save files is .vmp. When I ignored the notification, and tried to run ff8 and load the file, the saved datas were not there. good thing I had back-up files. can anyone help me with this one?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #37 on: 2011-06-07 12:12:16 »
I try to open my save files, a notification pops out saying that the file type of my save file is protected and the changes would only be temporary or won't work.

the dialog clearly states the changes won't work. the vmp format and the psv format are protected with a massive checksum that has not been broken. this is why you can't save them. there is one way but you need a lot of stuff.See ps3/psp saves
« Last Edit: 2012-11-01 15:06:31 by sithlord48 »

Pascual

« Reply #38 on: 2011-06-08 06:33:56 »
@sithlord:  I'm using only the psp. I have my saved files from my psp and I'm trying to edit those files but it won't work. I found out that there are some file types like the .mcr file that can be edited without any problems but the .mcr file won't be read by the psp right?  I have a .VMP to .MCR converter but is there an available .mcr to .vmp converter? so I could convert my saved files from .vmp to .mcr, edit it then I would just convert it back to .vmp. If there is one, it could be of great help.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011-06-08 11:28:34 »
@sithlord:  I'm using only the psp. I have my saved files from my psp and I'm trying to edit those files but it won't work. I found out that there are some file types like the .mcr file that can be edited without any problems but the .mcr file won't be read by the psp right?  I have a .VMP to .MCR converter but is there an available .mcr to .vmp converter? so I could convert my saved files from .vmp to .mcr, edit it then I would just convert it back to .vmp. If there is one, it could be of great help.
I read that it can be done with CWCheat, but that requires a hacked PSP.

Pascual

« Reply #40 on: 2011-06-08 12:48:14 »
I read that it can be done with CWCheat, but that requires a hacked PSP.

I already read that but the procedure says that the popsloader should be 3.00 to 3.30 firmware. any versions later than that won't work. I already have a version 5.50. what can I do for that to work?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #41 on: 2011-06-08 15:02:45 »

Did u read what i said the CHECKSUM FORUMLA IS NOT KNOWN* therefore any changes you make to a vmp file are saved to the file but the checksum is not going to be updated. the psp will reject the save as invalid. if you really want this feature i suggest you get to work on cracking that forumla the only way i know that works for sure to get a save back on a psp is in the link i provided you .that should work an ANY psp firmware as it gets a real checksum signed on to it. i don't know if you can do it with custom firmware because i don't have a psp (but anyone who does not want theirs is welcome to send me it, same for a ps3 don't have one of them either..). Before we stray further off topic please start a new thread if you wish to discuss this further. i know i don't like ppls filling my thread w/ the same questions over and over. (read back thru the whole thread this is a question that comes up a lot here and on the BC thread)

*not trying to yell wanted to make sure you seen that part.

Skull_X21

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011-07-05 02:50:34 »
 hey, can someone help me get to the ragnarok airship. I'll follow any instructions necessary

Skillz

« Reply #43 on: 2011-08-06 01:35:32 »
Hey I was just wondering if there was a step by step guide on how to set this up to be able to edit games. I've already installed it and all and when i try to import a save game it tells me invalid save. If anyone can help me that would be great.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011-08-06 18:56:29 »
It's because you need to import something you already saved on. You must have played and saved. It must also be a FF8 save. Make sure you import the good type of file. It either has to have nothing or .mcr at the end.

/n00b_proof

Skillz

« Reply #45 on: 2011-08-08 03:27:19 »
Yeah ive played and saved. this doesnt work for psx emulator tho right? which is what I was trying. :|

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #46 on: 2011-08-08 12:16:05 »
Yeah ive played and saved. this doesnt work for psx emulator tho right? which is what I was trying. :|

it works for psx raw / pc version and a bunch of emultor formats.

alienating456

« Reply #47 on: 2011-09-01 21:00:55 »
everytime i try to save it says save file cannot be deleted, save failed.. anyone have a solution??

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #48 on: 2011-09-01 21:51:10 »
Execute Hyne as administrator.

alienating456

« Reply #49 on: 2011-09-01 21:57:03 »
oh...duhh... Thanx!!