Author Topic: FF7 timer cut off on bottom  (Read 2849 times)

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
FF7 timer cut off on bottom
« on: 2019-07-05 07:12:50 »
Hi all, was hoping to get some help with an issue I'm having. I'm using the Menu Overhaul with some other mods as follows:

Remako Field Backgrounds
Reunion Models
Various HD textures
Miscellaneous tweaks (save anywhere, increase sense limit, etc.)

Also been working on my own script revision using TouphScript. Got it working fine since I got rid of Beacause, so I don't know that it would be contributing to the issue. Anyway, I've noticed that the timer in the game (such when escaping from Reactor 1) is cut off along the bottom so you only see the top 2/3 of it when you're in the field. But when in battle, it displays just fine. Also, on the save/load game screen, in the top right where it shows Game 01, etc. it's wider than it should be and stretches off the screen (I'm running the game from ff7_bc.exe, btw). But all the other text displays just fine. And I know TouphScript has something to do with it because that part was fine too before I first started making changes with TS. Any idea how to fix these issues? Thanks!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
Re: FF7 timer cut off on bottom
« Reply #2 on: 2019-07-05 17:48:23 »
Thanks, but when I launch with ff7_mo.exe, the stat bonuses and penalties for materia aren't what they should be, so that's why I stopped using it. Any idea what causes that?

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-07-05 21:43:44 »
If you want the menu overhaul, use ff7_bc.exe, and in the Beacause/MO mod options, enable MO, but leave retranslation disabled.  The on the ff7_bc.exe executable itself, set the "Run in 640x480" compatibility flag.

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-07-05 22:20:12 »
Hmm, ok. The version of MO I'm using comes from a separate installer that's just MO and not the rest of Reunion. Maybe that made a difference too.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-07-06 01:58:50 »
Hmm, ok. The version of MO I'm using comes from a separate installer that's just MO and not the rest of Reunion. Maybe that made a difference too.
If you're not using catalog versions, all bets are off.  EQ2 pointed out the "use _bc" regardless of whether or not you activate the re-translation because of the stat differences to me when I first started playing with mods several months back. 

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-07-06 02:38:42 »
The MO I'm using is version M05c from July 2012. I haven't been using 7H because it doesn't seem possible to launch FF7 from a shortcut that way, unless I've missed something. The mods only take effect if you launch directly from 7H.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 2019-07-06 03:27:46 »
7H is an injection tool, so it has to be launched from within for order of operations. Kaldarasha posted somewhere on the forums how to launch from Steam. Try searching for that.

I would recommend waiting on your playthrough until Catalog 3.0 is released. It'd be better time spent to problem solve any issues after hext formatting is in and everything runs off of one universal .exe (1.02 ff7.exe).

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-07-09 00:36:33 »
I figured it out. Just had to change the height value in TS from 1 to 2 in the fields for the first reactor where the timer's box was and that fixed it. :)