Author Topic: gyptNEW - tutorial  (Read 102382 times)

genzo

Re: gyptNEW - tutorial
« Reply #50 on: 2006-07-31 11:33:18 »
i have uninstalled it und patch 1.02 new now it works thx for tipp
« Last Edit: 2006-07-31 11:52:20 by genzo »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #51 on: 2006-07-31 12:00:16 »
Link.

dziugo

Helbrecht

« Reply #52 on: 2006-08-13 21:01:26 »
Hi, i followed your tutorial but the problem is still there : in Cosmo Canyon, after playing the video, characters keep standing and i can't do anything.
Could someone help me to continue playing ?

Here is my save :
http://rapidshare.de/files/29286601/save00.ff7.html

Thank you.

Ps : I'm playing on a french version, can it explain why your solution doesn't work ?

« Last Edit: 2006-08-13 23:36:10 by Helbrecht »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #53 on: 2006-08-13 21:57:17 »
Hi, i followed yout tutorial but the problem is still there : in Cosmo Canyon, after playing the video, characters keep standing and i can't do anything.
When do enable it? Is there any error message? Looking at the second part of the tutorial, which part have you seen? Are the characters' names correct?
Ps : I'm playing on a french version, can it explain why your solution doesn't work ?
1.02 French ff7.exe? Upload it somewhere if it's not this version.

dziugo

Helbrecht

« Reply #54 on: 2006-08-13 23:58:20 »
I enabled it just before speaking to Bugenhagen, everything seems correct in gypt but it did'nt work.

There is no error message. The game is still running but i can't do anything except "q" to exit.

I also tried doing it before entering the observatory, in front of the door, but without more success.

Here is my ff7.exe
It is a no-cd exe and I had to use some patches to make it running under XP.
I don't know which version it is.
http://rapidshare.de/files/29303059/ff7.exe.html

Thanks for your help.

« Last Edit: 2006-08-14 03:22:31 by Helbrecht »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006-08-14 09:49:43 »
Can you send me unmodified ff7.exe from your Install CD?

What you need to do, to make it work:
 - Run FF7, load your saved game
 - Run gypt and press "Refresh" button - it will freeze for a while (and I don't mean 5 seconds)
 - When gypt starts responding again (characters' names will appear), press the "Guard" button and wait until it starts responging again (about the same amount of time)
 - Go into FF7 and check if characters are sitting around the fire (if they aren't, keep reentering this location)
 - Press "Stop" button in gypt and wait until it starts responding, then close it
 - Don't send me debug info, I have it already

Should work...

dziugo
« Last Edit: 2006-08-14 09:52:12 by dziugo »

Helbrecht

« Reply #56 on: 2006-08-14 10:52:31 »

spicyazndog

« Reply #57 on: 2006-08-21 06:22:15 »
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant get pass the rocket town where i get cid! wen the plane lifts off the thing crashes.. could yu get pass that part for me?? or suggest me to do sumthing

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006-08-21 10:02:22 »
See my profile for email address, pack your saved game and send it to me.

dziugo

spicyazndog

« Reply #59 on: 2006-08-23 01:49:51 »
okay thanks.. how long will this take?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006-08-23 09:41:33 »
It's usually instant if you can read.

Seizure

« Reply #61 on: 2006-09-10 14:00:38 »
Still doesn't work for me either. The CTRL-SHIFT-F11 thing didn't make any beep so I tried to 2nd part, alas it still doesn't work.. if I start guarding before talking to Bugenhagen at the elevator to start the FMV, which ultimately crashes, all he says is... "Nanaki? His father a coward? So that's it...Nanaki's been thinking that all this time..." and doesn't even let me go up the elevator to view the FMV.

http://www.ex0.biz/uploads/906/1157896780.rar
« Last Edit: 2006-09-10 14:11:10 by Seizure »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006-09-10 14:22:56 »
Still doesn't work for me either. The CTRL-SHIFT-F11 thing didn't make any beep so I tried to 2nd part, alas it still doesn't work.. if I start guarding before talking to Bugenhagen at the elevator to start the FMV, which ultimately crashes, all he says is... "Nanaki? His father a coward? So that's it...Nanaki's been thinking that all this time..." and doesn't even let me go up the elevator to view the FMV.
Might want to help, if you said what do you want to accomplish.

Seizure

« Reply #63 on: 2006-09-10 14:47:26 »
To get passed the crash following the FMV.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006-09-10 15:21:10 »
When Buggy says "Nanaki, his father a coward? (...)" it means that the scene had been skipped. That's the only way now... I think...

Nic

« Reply #65 on: 2006-09-28 18:04:34 »
Hi dziugo

I recently got gypt to help me out in the date and gondola scenes. Now I'm stuck again in the 'weapon' part of the game... This is really frustrating, because Ive already downgraded my PC to work with Win 98 and it still doesnt work. Could you please help me out? My savegame is down below.

Now lastly I would like to know how much more places like this are there in the game? Cause recently its just every freakin one of the scenes...

http://www.ex0.biz/uploads/906/1159466507.rar

Strider

« Reply #66 on: 2006-10-01 07:23:41 »
Hey dziugo, you're great for helping everyone out. I emailed you my save. I'm [email protected]

I'm stuck at where Tifa is helping Cloud regain himself. If you could get me past that part, I'll appreciate it. Thanks man.

CrazyPavarottiMan

« Reply #67 on: 2006-10-08 03:42:43 »
I'm having a somewhat different and potentially more complicated problem. When I get on the tram to the Golden Saucer, it goes through the movies (I think it calls upon 3 seperate movies, the take off, the "flyby", then the "landing/parking" videos). After that last video, when the train pulls into the spot, the screen goes black. I've had issues in the past with the Bungenhagen video, but never the Saucer. I'm used the chocobo patch, the truemotion patch, and lastly, the XP patch. Everything else up to now has been running fine for the most part, and I've been playing for about 4 hours (I installed the patches before I started playing, so I've been playing with them since the beginning). I tried several solutions: changing the CD and using one of the other ones to bypass (through a saved game editor), nothing. I saved the movies from disc 1 onto my hard drive and edited the registry entry. It runs a little better, but that doesn't help either. I have tried gypt, and even control+shift+F11 gets me a "beep", but doesn't seem to affect the videos.

If you can help, http://www.frayedlogic.com/download/save00.ff7  is my saved game (slot 1 or 2, I use redundant saves if I'm going to mess with the file).

Much obliged!

CrazyPavarottiMan

« Reply #68 on: 2006-10-11 22:24:37 »
Correction: I'm using the official 1.02 patch (I know I had downloaded the xp patch, but didn't install it). I even uninstalled and reinstalled, using only the 1.02 patch and the chocobo patch, but I'm still getting the same issue.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006-10-12 12:31:12 »
Next time, just email me. When you post it on the board, I read it and then (usually) forget about it :P

Link.

CrazyPavarottiMan

« Reply #70 on: 2006-10-13 03:01:27 »
Sorry about that :)

and thank you for fixing the save game file. I was actually going to post don't worry about it. I reinstalled the game, re-reran the 1.02 patch, and the hi-res patch (which actually didn't work for me :( but not only did it solve the Gold Saucer issue, I didn't even get hung up in Bungenhagens lab!

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006-11-10 12:14:44 »
Why use gyptNEW?
Isn't it possible to get past all the problematic scenes like Cosmo Canyon, Junon weapon,... by using your newer and easier-to-use GyptInstant included in YAMP??? http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5124.0

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006-11-10 14:56:46 »
It's wider known and easier to use.

Superpiccolo

Not Working
« Reply #73 on: 2008-01-16 03:15:34 »
None of these work here.

I have all the patches here: http://fem1.uniag.sk/Miroslav.Jezik/ff7ncopam.html

NOT including the following:
Upside-down FMV cutscenes patch
NoDialogBoxesPatch
9999LimitBreakingPatch
LuckyTifa
LuckyCaitSith
FF7PC Hand Patch mod v01.6
Advent Avatars mod
Scene Redux v1.2

I am having problems at Cosmo Canyon at the space presentation by the old man.

It plays the movie of the shooting star then it just shows everyone standing around blinking, totally un responsive. All I can do is exit.

I tried using this gypt exe, but when I do and when I talk to the old fella to start the show, he just talks about Nanaki's father and such. Then nothing else.

Is there nothing else to do? The old man talking about Nanaki, does that mean the whole sequence is skipped?

EDIT: Dam, well it is what I thought. The gypt.exe gets around the problem, but it skips the whole Lifestream talk sequence, which sucks  :cry:, but at least it is possible to continue now...
« Last Edit: 2008-01-16 03:51:48 by Superpiccolo »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008-01-16 11:15:23 »
There you go. It doesn't hang on youtube.