Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3036661 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Why does it need mapping twice?  Surely a controller should just needmapping only in ff7? 

I've also had another idea what might be causing this.  The default button settings for controller  should probably be "none" for all.  I'd suggest everyone remaps the controller buttons in  FF7's submenu as well and see if that helps.

ffVIItoosweet

• View Profile
I use my PS4 controller wirelessly, I don't have the controller checkmarked in Steam like Orichalons screenshot (I think I had stupid issues when it was) and I use X-Padder to map the d-pad to the keyboard controls because without it the d-pad wouldn't work.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
That's not related to the other problem.  Are you seeing a flickering help menu?  If so, please remap ALL controller keys in the game's config menu.

ffVIItoosweet

• View Profile
That's not related to the other problem.  Are you seeing a flickering help menu?  If so, please remap ALL controller keys in the game's config menu.

Nah I'm not seeing the flickering help menu issue, I just was saying what I did because I had issues with the PlayStation controller option checkmarked in steam.

Cloud’s Stripe

• View Profile
hello, i encountered the following bug and i didn't find it in the Database. i can't attach files here, so here's the google drive link with the necessary files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RC5IQ7BVM2_pq7pRou602eZ8ooXTZkZs

1. An explanation of the bug
-After fighting Yuffie for the first time in the Gongaga area, calling up the menu after losing the fight and returning to the field bugged the screen as provided in the screenshot (google drive link). The game froze without crashing, the music kept playing. Controller, nor keyboard responded so i had to alt F4 out of the game.
-I noticed during the same fight that Yuffie's eyes were transparant during the camera movement of one of her attacks. I wasn't able to get a close up and take a screenshot, i don't have Model Overhaul enabled.

fyi: Beside RO6d i have satsuki's SYW installer enabled (without:Menu and Magic&Battle FX), as well as Sega Chief's No Mouth Mod files replacing those in RO6d's BASE->Closed_Mouths folder.

2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?
Yes, i recreated the exact same bug after fighting Yuffie and opening the menu. The bug did not occur when fighting monsters in the same wood area.

3. App.log
see google drive link

4. Reunion.log
see google drive link

5. crash.dmp
No crash file, the game freezes.

6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang.
see google drive link

7. Audio.log
Not an audio issue, but as it's the only thing that kept going i'll provide it as well in the google drive link.

i5 2500k; 3,3GHz

Win10 v.1909

ps: i was idling during the fight with Yuffie as i have similar issues with the controller as discussed above since installing RO6d: (I've provided a screenshot in the google drive link.)
-button presses on the controller register twice sometimes
-pressing the confirm button registers the button immediately in the ingame controller config. i have to confirm the buttons with the keyboard, then press the controller.
-L2 and R2 on the DS4 controller connected through usb don't register. Not in the ingame controller config, nor in the ffvii launcher. the keyboard works fine and executes the commands the controller won't do.

-i cannot get NFIT1C's WallMarket 1.4.5 to work since updating to RO6d. Am i missing something obvious related to RO6 new structure or provided base mod files?

Thanks!

I've added screenshots of Yuffie's transparant eyes during battle in the google drive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RC5IQ7BVM2_pq7pRou602eZ8ooXTZkZs
For what it's worth about the controller issues; it's Steam messing up in my case as well. Disabling the PS config in Steam and thus setting the buttons effectively to "none" made the triggers functional again. I used the default controller config when installing, apart for registering the dpad as left joystick later. I initially changed the controls in ffvii's submenu.  When I untick PS configuration support the triggers function again, but then the directional buttons cease to function and vice versa. No matter these settings, the confirm button registers immediately still, the help window doesn't flash in my case (when binding them to the bumper i.e.) & i didn't notice any double presses anymore.
(fyi: I have other controllers hooked up -but idle- for other games; I once began playing with an Xbox ctrller instead of the DS4 and it messed controls up permanently. I'll do a clean install with one controller hooked up to my pc, all configs unticked in Steam and change the buttons in the submenu only.)

For what it's worth about me posting here: i would like to submit bugs during my (very slow) playthrough of the game and made a donation. But it is somewhat unclear to me if any other mods not included in R06 are allowed for debugging purposes?
In my case that is SYW, No Mouth Mod and WallMarket (for tiny aesthetic reasons -HUGE nostalgic reasons - and to avoid grinding in a later stadium). As WM is mentioned in Reunion's Tools list i would like to figure out why it isn't working for me since upgrading to R06.
edit: for WM to work i have to edit the kernel.bin file in RO6 New Translation folder instead of the data folder as before
« Last Edit: 2020-04-20 10:15:08 by Cloud’s Stripe »

Gaarnet

• View Profile
Hey, I m new here.
I tried downloading the latest The Reunion version, and i installed it on a clean Steam instal of FFVII.
After the installation The Reunion folder is present and it even lets me switch form windowed mode to fullscreen mode from the Options Configuration File. The problem is that nothing changes the games is still "vanilla" looking.
Just let me know if i did something wrong (even tho the installation process seems kinda strighforward) im still new, thanks for the help.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
If it's a bug with The Reunion, post here.  If it isn't, post to the main bug thread.  Always verify.  The WM mod works perfectly.

FantasticMrSocks

• View Profile
Why does it need mapping twice?  Surely a controller should just needmapping only in ff7? 

In the case of the Steam Controller, at least, the bindings set in Steam are what gets sent on to the game. So in my case, my controller sends a "numpad enter" to the game when I press the B button (which would be the O button if this were a PS controller). The controller doesn't send any xinput/directinput of its own; everything goes through the Steam mappings.

The default button settings for controller  should probably be "none" for all.  I'd suggest everyone remaps the controller buttons in  FF7's submenu as well and see if that helps.

I'm not sure how to remap the buttons to "none". There doesn't seem to be any way in-game to clear the bindings.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion

I've also had another idea what might be causing this.  The default button settings for controller  should probably be "none" for all.  I'd suggest everyone remaps the controller buttons in  FF7's submenu as well and see if that helps.

having it unchecked doesnt mean its off, i actually dont think you can even make steam do nothing with the controller for a game ran through it (this is only happening to steam users, right?)

having it checked just means steam now knows what controller you have, and it also now ignores the button mapping from the game, without it checked you cannot get the dpad to work in reunion for example, not having it checked it also what caused my OK to register twice - but if you have your controller checked and button map to the keyboard equivalents everything works flawlessly

i think without anything checked some sort of default controller configuration is used and you can button map all you want, some things will be different buttons, some things wont work at all (not to mention things from the game's config are registering at the same time)

if you are using xpadder or joy2key or whatever you should actually have your controller checkmarked in steam and have every button mapped blank

« Last Edit: 2020-04-17 00:05:17 by Orichalcon »

skyhawk

• View Profile
I'm not sure how to remap the buttons to "none". There doesn't seem to be any way in-game to clear the bindings.
In the Steam UI where you configure the mappings, there's an option for NONE.

Like this

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
so what's best solution? reunion doesn't use steam so how's it affecting game?  is it a case of setting steam controller to none?  if so, is that for ff7 alone?

Agravaile

• View Profile
I have an a bug that's preventing me from progressing in the game.
1. An explanation of the bug
The game crashes while transitioning from entering Nibelheim from the world map or transitioning from one of the buildings in Nibelheim to the town center. In the story, this is the second time you visit the area. The game crashes while game's transition screen is black. I assume it's Reunion bug as popup comes up saying I should report the bug to here. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but the same bug is there.
2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?
Yes. It's been happening every time I enter the area to the point that I cannot progress in the game.
3. 4. 5. 6.
Everything should be here plus a screenshot of the error message when I turn some of logging on.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pxWsMvtWrQ-L6tZcDHvCaIOWbZo-9a6F?usp=sharing

Anyway I'm running the steam version on windows 10.

Check reunion database on the first page of the tread, this issue is well known and is currently being fixed. You have to wait until the next update for it to be fixed. To get past that point, disable New Translation option in options.ini, get through, and enable it again.

skyhawk

• View Profile
so what's best solution? reunion doesn't use steam so how's it affecting game?  is it a case of setting steam controller to none?  if so, is that for ff7 alone?
In my case, I use Steam to provide keyboard-emulation for FF7, so I can use my XBox controller.  [I've configured FF7 as a Non-Steam application so Steam can launch it for me] I don't have any other games that I use this functionality for.  I have the d-pad and buttons configured for Keyboard actions, and both sticks set to NONE.

Disclaimer - I haven't actually installed/played R06d yet, so my experiences may or may not be applicable to the currently most recent build.

paraemuladores

• View Profile
Hi there. I've been looking forward to install this mod, but I can't find the download button in page one, it just says that "Mirror is []Not available at moment[/url] ". Is there any other way to download the mod, or where to get it, or any other way?

lucidusatra

• View Profile
Hi, I'm having an issue with the installer. When I get to the screen where it asks me to select which components to install, I'm only given the option to install the retranslation mod. The other mods (like the improved character models, the menu overhaul, etc) are not included at all. I'm using the R06d installer provided here. Any ideas?

Luigi Brosse

• View Profile
If you click just above, on the "here", you are brought to a post in which there is the link to a torrent for downloading. Just checked it right now and it is working.

paraemuladores

• View Profile
Perfect! Downloading right now. Thanks a lot!!!

FantasticMrSocks

• View Profile
I'm beginning to suspect that the flickering help window isn't a Steam Controller issue after all. I've just tried starting up the game with no controllers connected whatsoever, deleting ff7input.cfg, and only using the default R06d controls (WASD movement, R to select, etc). The flickering help window still occurs in battles, and pressing Backspace doesn't turn it off.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
I'm beginning to suspect that the flickering help window isn't a Steam Controller issue after all. I've just tried starting up the game with no controllers connected whatsoever, deleting ff7input.cfg, and only using the default R06d controls (WASD movement, R to select, etc). The flickering help window still occurs in battles, and pressing Backspace doesn't turn it off.

why are your controls all different than default reunion?  numpad 7 turns help on/off for me, and numpad 2,4,6,8 moves

but yeah the steam controller thing is just a guess, its hard to diagnose a problem that you cant replicate yourself

AnotherGreen

• View Profile
Check reunion database on the first page of the tread, this issue is well known and is currently being fixed. You have to wait until the next update for it to be fixed. To get past that point, disable New Translation option in options.ini, get through, and enable it again.

Seriously thank you. I did skim the database and saw the part where it says Cid can be invisible in that area but I must of miss the part of where that also causes crashing. But still I wouldn't figure out to just turn off the new translation to get by that section. Thank you again.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
because he deleted ff7input. see the help file.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Honestly,  I have no idea what's causing that  issue but first stop is to go into ff7 submenu and make sure every key and control is set manually again.  See what happens.  The steam setting shouldn't be able to do anything because reunion doesn't use steam code at all.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
because he deleted ff7input. see the help file.

ahh, i see

Honestly,  I have no idea what's causing that  issue but first stop is to go into ff7 submenu and make sure every key and control is set manually again.  See what happens.  The steam setting shouldn't be able to do anything because reunion doesn't use steam code at all.

steam ALWAYS gets a few hooks into the game when launched through it (steam overlay and controller mapping)
it even does this with non-steam games launched through it if you choose to do so

i'm starting to doubt the controller thing is the problem as well, but the people that reported the problem aren't trying the suggested solutions and reporting back  ;D

In my case, I use Steam to provide keyboard-emulation for FF7, so I can use my XBox controller.  [I've configured FF7 as a Non-Steam application so Steam can launch it for me] I don't have any other games that I use this functionality for.  I have the d-pad and buttons configured for Keyboard actions, and both sticks set to NONE.

Disclaimer - I haven't actually installed/played R06d yet, so my experiences may or may not be applicable to the currently most recent build.

this is almost exactly what i do, and it does indeed work with r06d

the only difference is i dont have ff7 configured as non-steam game, and also before i checkmarked the option in my screenshot on the previous page, the dpad wouldnt work and the OK button would register twice

but i just left FF7 in the steam folder and in the steam library like normal and everything works like it should

you can edit settings and have different controller mappings for each game, so yes, you can set all steam buttons to do nothing and ONLY do this for FF7 if you want

IMO the solution i provided is the best, map with steam and ignore everything from the game and reunion - this will make sure you arent getting interference between controller mappers

but you could also go into steam and make all buttons none for ff7 and just use the game mapper
« Last Edit: 2020-04-18 16:45:30 by Orichalcon »

paraemuladores

• View Profile
Hi. I'm not reporting this as a bug, because I'm pretty sure I am doing something wrong, just can't figure out what. I have the Steam version of FF VII, so I first applied the FFconverter, then installed (as an administrator) The Reunion mod. The problem is, the game only runs in 640x480, windowed mod, and I can't see where or how to edit the mod's options. I started the game with an earlier save, and it loads perfectly, but without any mods. I tried running RunFFVIIConfig.bat, but it says that it doesn't work in 64 bits. I also tried RunFFVIIConfig.exe and FFConfig.exe, but those two doesn't have anything related to the mods, nor they allow me to change anything that seems relevant to them. What am I missing? Also, how can I edit the mods preferences?

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
Hi. I'm not reporting this as a bug, because I'm pretty sure I am doing something wrong, just can't figure out what. I have the Steam version of FF VII, so I first applied the FFconverter, then installed (as an administrator) The Reunion mod. The problem is, the game only runs in 640x480, windowed mod, and I can't see where or how to edit the mod's options. I started the game with an earlier save, and it loads perfectly, but without any mods. I tried running RunFFVIIConfig.bat, but it says that it doesn't work in 64 bits. I also tried RunFFVIIConfig.exe and FFConfig.exe, but those two doesn't have anything related to the mods, nor they allow me to change anything that seems relevant to them. What am I missing? Also, how can I edit the mods preferences?

find your reunion folder and change the resolution in options.ini

you probably just need to change the full screen option to y instead of n