Author Topic: Experience??  (Read 3856 times)

-gone away-

• View Profile
Experience??
« on: 2005-11-27 12:13:42 »
What do you's consider to be the ideal fair amount of "EXP, GOLD & AP" gained from a creature? As in what should i set it too?

Experience is often between 1/2 to 1/4 of the creatures HP with the exception of bosses who give about 1/10.

AP aproximatly equal to 1/10 of EXP gained

GOLD usually about the same as EXP gained

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Experience??
« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-27 13:49:28 »
The less the better I think :)
usually have to take the level of the character into account.
Earlier in the game its easy to give out little EXP AP GOLD because players have low levels and hence there is a larger growth.
Later in the game enemys give out more EXP AP GOLD because players are at a high level and thus need more EXP to progress the player's growth.

-gone away-

• View Profile
Experience??
« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-27 14:29:03 »
i was going to give them 1/5 of there Hp for EXP but i just upped it to 1/4 because it was too little EXP for latter in the game.

Im generly using less a less EXP to HP ratio than a standard game so the game will be consistently harder, however the Hp has been increased so progress through the character level's will remain the same i think just quicker during midgar.

btw.. the hp of my last three bosses are
1000000 for jenova norm 60000
1500000 for bizarro sephiroth norm 60000
2000000 for Safer Sephiroth normaly 80000

does anyone think this is too much?? keep in mind that 1000000 is the same as the standard emerald weapon. I did this to make these last three fights the hardest in the game.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
Experience??
« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-27 15:51:54 »
the last jenova I think can be a bit much since it uses ultima every 5 turns does it not ?

With those stats I'm thinking it can get at least 5 or 6 of them in before we can kill it.

Also it seems a bit useless since it's definately not a hard boss to start with since all the last jenova does is count own to 5 and ultima over and over.  It's not hard at all to heal in between and I doesn,t have any other moves if memory serves me right.

That's my opinion anyway.

zero88

• View Profile
Experience??
« Reply #4 on: 2005-11-27 18:38:40 »
In my opinion, those stats are even still a little underpowered. I'd tack on an additional three or four million hit points to each of the final bosses. It would give players a little incentive to get up in the higher levels.

I've already did this in a scene.bin that I made for myself. I gave Jenova*SYNTHESIS about 15,000,000 hit points but little stats. The battle freaking dragged ON. I had it set up, though, so my characters had 255 of the main stats, so it wasn't the damage that mattered, it was just because the battle just dragged on. Bizarro had like 1,500,000 credited to each portion and like 2,000,000 to his core. And then Safer had, I think, 22,000,000 but I didn't bother finishing him. I had already been fighting for a good half hour, no joke.

For some reason, I also made First Class SOLDIERs extremely difficult to kill. Lots of health and strength. I like First Class SOLDIERs.

-gone away-

• View Profile
Experience??
« Reply #5 on: 2005-11-28 03:46:17 »
Quote from: Marcis
the last jenova I think can be a bit much since it uses ultima every 5 turns does it not ?

With those stats I'm thinking it can get at least 5 or 6 of them in before we can kill it.

Also it seems a bit useless since it's definately not a hard boss to start with since all the last jenova does is count own to 5 and ultima over and over.  It's not hard at all to heal in between and I doesn,t have any other moves if memory serves me right.

That's my opinion anyway.

I just read threw the walk threw regarding what you said about jenova, its only after you destroy her arms that she starts casting ultima & if she succeeds the battle is over. There is no arms for her in he scene file so i guess it must be once she get's below a certain Hp they die, i may have to leave this boss as it is.

Ive got no save games at the moment so i can't really test this out.

I probly should point out that this is a total overhaul to every stat of every creature in the game, and that these three bosses are lvls, 80,81 & 82 compaired to the standard lvl 61, so you will be taking significantly more damage from them if you are not above these levels. so zero88 im hopeing with that stats ive given the creatures that players will be minimun level 90 to make it this far.

btw does luck affect the chances of winning an item??