Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007830 times)

Mistashaap

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #3575 on: 2017-05-04 06:48:06 »
hey, i really like this mod so far, but am having trouble in aeris's house. i put on auto run when i installed but even though i try walking out, when i get past the bedroom door, something happens and it triggers a run, which triggers aeris and i can't escape. is there a way to quickly turn on and off the autrorun? or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: 2017-05-04 08:13:27 »
hey, i really like this mod so far, but am having trouble in aeris's house. i put on auto run when i installed but even though i try walking out, when i get past the bedroom door, something happens and it triggers a run, which triggers aeris and i can't escape. is there a way to quickly turn on and off the autrorun? or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Yeah, disable autorun(both in ochu and 7h), its triggering creacking action always. Even holding circle to walk doesnt work. You can enable it afterwards.

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: 2017-05-04 13:54:33 »
To get past that part at the moment, you just run in the same spot as you'd usually walk.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: 2017-05-04 23:35:20 »
Had a quick look, I can fix these tickets for scene/kernel (number based on row in spreadsheet): #2, 44, 47, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81

But:

#55 is a field script thing; set the drop properties for AP to be 255, 255, 255
   and it will be picked up as mastered; no kernel edit required.

#56 is awkward because it obeys command data and not weapon data, and some
   weapons are long-range. Setting it to obey weapon target data may
   work out but there could be unintended side-effects.

#63 can be fixed by either removing the gil+ effect from the attack or by having
   the enemy stop using that attack after a certain amount of time.

#64 Depends on what suitable animation to change it to; there's plenty of
   other items that share animations with spells/attacks though.

#65 This seems more like a feature of the fight; he has higher defences and
   HP (relatively speaking) than anything else up to that point so
   enhanced back-attack damage was likely intentional here.

#71 Depends how you want it fixed; exception in the counter script
   or disabling Manipulate flag for them

#77 This is more a mechanical issue but I had an idea to fix it; if a turn
   was added to his counter script then he'd at least be facing the
   correct way visually after a rear-machine gun (like how the Bodyblow
   counter works but the turning would be AFTER the machine gun).
        This guy has resisted fixing since time immemorial though :l

I also spotted some other issues that I can fix in the menu section:

Menu
#2, 11, 12, 13

#13 Not sure about 13, it might be bugged. The sellable flag is unchecked but surely someone's tried this by now.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: 2017-05-05 00:26:38 »
Anything you fix from a vanilla kernel scene will really help me.  I will add your credit to the database and The Reunion.

I will make sure not to change the order until you are done.  Best check again, because I think I have ordered them as of last night.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-05 00:28:22 by DLPB »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: 2017-05-05 10:40:56 »
Anything you fix from a vanilla kernel scene will really help me.  I will add your credit to the database and The Reunion.

I will make sure not to change the order until you are done.  Best check again, because I think I have ordered them as of last night.

I'll do them tonight then; should I use any default kernel or do you have base files with translations I should use?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: 2017-05-05 12:49:32 »
Doesn't matter with kernel and scene, since ts will go over it and fix it up. Plus wallmarket wrecks the text anyway. Use the original scene kernel and it will be good.  If you want me to give you access to the document so you can mark the ones you have done purple or something, then I will.  PM me :)
« Last Edit: 2017-05-05 14:00:50 by DLPB »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: 2017-05-05 17:54:56 »
Job done: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ux5p6yd75mgrfmz/DLPB_Scene_and_Kernel_5th_May_2017.7z

Changelog and notes below (also in the download folder):

Code: [Select]
#2: Wind Wing's manipulate attack-list adjusted; White Wind replaces Sham Seal.

#44: Bahba Fight in Battle Square (Pool B) now calls encounters from Pool B

#56: Deathblow, Morph, and 4x-Attack were set to obey weapon-target data.
4x-Attack loses its random targeting from this however and will instead
behave like 2x-Attack.

#57: Elixir and Megalixir set to use Magical formula and prevent Cover.
Megalixir doesn't suffer this issue but done anyway for consistency.

#58: Lv4 Suicide had Reflect flag disabled.

#59: Checked accessories, but they all have the Slow-Numb flag checked as well as
Petrify. Contain Materia, however, did not so I enabled it for that.

#60: Chance of Slow being inflicted was set to match the next highest status chance
(20/63 which is something like 80% though there's other factors in practice).

#61: White Wind no longer clears Resist or Death Force.

#63: Trickplay had the 800gil addition removed from it's AI.

#65: Air Buster's back-attack modifier set to default 16 (2x).

#66: Added an Eyes check to Emerald's counter AI for Aire Tam Storm.

#67: In death script, set Var0020 and Var0040 (Tentacle A and B) to have their
Main Scripts be deactivated separately rather than a single instance of 'AllyMask'.

#68: Cure script removed from Adamantoise's Main Script.

#69: Toxic Frogs are now covered by the Kelzmelzer in front of them.

#70: Rude's AI given two additions; Shoulder Tackle's condition for use is now
var0060 = 1 and will set var0060 back to 0 after its use.

#71: SOLDIER enemies can no longer be manipulated.

#72: Rude's AI updated with more thorough targeting parameters in Midgar Raid.

#73: Death Dealers given no restorative immunity so that Hierophant can heal them.

#74: Church Encounter set to be unescapable.

#75: All mentioned encounters had Pre-emptive flag disabled; Formation 977 had it
re-enabled.

#76: Cactuar now uses 1000 Needles; replaces 2nd instance of Mystery Kick in the AI.

#77: Added a Turn to Air Buster after using Rear Gun so that he is now visually
facing the direction he is actually facing; consider this a workaround.

#78: Corrected Defence/Anim reset in post-action AI for Desert Sahagin and Sahagin.

#79: Berserk action added for mentioned enemies. Dual Horn's ID#0271 attack has a
fully functioning animation attached to it so a copy of Horn Lift's data
was added for this attack albeit with the unused animation.

#80: 2-Faced had a check added to its AI and will not act if Silenced.

#81: Dragon Zombie will, when killed, purge itself of Silence through an AI flag
and then check for MP before attempting to cast Pandora's Box and setting
the global flag. A failsafe could also be added to have this enemy reactivate
the flag under certain conditions.

[Menu]

#2: Odin Materia had the Death Sentence flag added to its protection so it will now
be highlighted in status menus.

#11: Cloud's required EXP has been changed to show that he requires 9EXP to reach
the 619 EXP required (he starts with 610EXP; is the 6EXP stated in the
ticket an error? It shows 610 as the starting value in the editor with
619 needed for Lv.7).

Skipped
[Battle]
#47: Text issue, will likely be lost if I correct it here. The syntax appears to be
correct in that it calls VAR:{TargetName} but it's likely that it considers
the character performing the sneak attack as the target for this action.
A different wording will clean this up; 'Sneak Attack!' for instance.

#55: Set this in the Field script to be picked up with 255, 255, 255 for AP to have
it drop as 1-star Mastered.

#62: Warp Spell vs Chocobos

[Menu]
#12: Gil Plus seems to be an oddity. It has 0, 24, 32 set for its modifiers compared
to 10, 24, 32 on EXP Plus. I set Gil Plus to use 10 instead of 0 like EXP Plus
but I have a feeling this isn't the issue.

#13: Silver Barrette is very odd. In the WallMarket editor, setting the Sellable flag
will not persist and instead reverts back to being unchecked.
Investigation needed.

Most of those don't need testing but the Rude, Ruby, and Emerald weapon fixes should be checked just in case.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: 2017-05-05 18:39:38 »
Great work!

#63 There should be an addition for trickplay, of some sort (it's the gold mine move).  It just shouldnt allow for exploitation to gain ridiculous amounts of gil.  How does it work?  Wondering if there's a way to cap how much you can gain each time it uses it.  It shouldn't be so great that it makes gaining gil remotely easy.  Just a nice bonus or whatever.  Maybe it's best that the gil thing is disabled completely.  What do you think?

#62  Can this be fixed by making chocobos react to Remove/Warp? Which is the best way if possible.

#13 Yeah, Wallmarket seems to be broken with that flag (Silver Barrette sellable).  I remember now. 

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: 2017-05-05 19:42:23 »
Great work!

#63 There should be an addition for trickplay, of some sort (it's the gold mine move).  It just shouldnt allow for exploitation to gain ridiculous amounts of gil.  How does it work?  Wondering if there's a way to cap how much you can gain each time it uses it.  It shouldn't be so great that it makes gaining gil remotely easy.  Just a nice bonus or whatever.  Maybe it's best that the gil thing is disabled completely.  What do you think?

#62  Can this be fixed by making chocobos react to Remove/Warp? Which is the best way if possible.

#13 Yeah, Wallmarket seems to be broken with that flag (Silver Barrette sellable).  I remember now. 

If the gil+ was put under an incrementing conditional then it could be adjusted so that you only get the gil, say, a certain number of times. That or adjust the frequency of the attack itself so it can only be used a certain number of times...except Trickplay's entire AI is a massive Random MOD check so it would prob need to be rewritten.

Enemies can be set to react to certain commands in certain indexes. It all depends if Remove triggers this or not though; if the command misses the Chocobo then it might not trigger. It might trigger if the check was put into post-action AI though. Otherwise something would need to be done to the actual spell itself so that it 'makes contact' with actors immune to death if that makes sense.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: 2017-05-05 23:52:56 »

WallMarket is broken in every "sellable" flag there is. Still, if you double-click the name, you can instead hex edit the flag and it will stay that way. It is the second to last byte, set it from FF to FE and the item will become sellable.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: 2017-05-05 23:55:39 »
Thanks!

Liquid_Vegeta

• View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: 2017-05-07 11:03:31 »
Hi DLPB, I've updated my Steam mod to now point to Beacause instead. I think your mod supersedes mine.

That said, I know there's going to be people asking me if XBox 360 icons can be added to your mod (people have already asked me before). The XBox controller layout is pretty much defacto for PC gaming, so I understand why people would want it. Is this something you might consider adding? I can assist with the icons if need be.

So glad this is happening, yet another change that makes Reunion the update FF7 deserves. You guys rule.

Mistashaap

• View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: 2017-05-11 03:22:41 »
Yeah, disable autorun(both in ochu and 7h), its triggering creacking action always. Even holding circle to walk doesnt work. You can enable it afterwards.

how do i disable? what is ochu and 7h? thanks for your help.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: 2017-05-11 03:34:52 »
Ochu is a tool I made.  It's in tools section. But if you are stuck on that part of the game, just run in the correct areas.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: 2017-05-11 04:16:43 »

Thanks!
What happens is that it doesn't actually detect if you're running. It detects if you're holding down the button. As long as you don't hold down the run button without autorun, or the walk button with autorun, it'll be fine.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: 2017-05-11 05:10:43 »
I am likely going to add a fix for the field in question when using autorun, as this issue pops up a lot.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: 2017-05-11 08:43:19 »
how do i disable? what is ochu and 7h? thanks for your help.
As DLBP said for ochu, disable run in tools section and in 7h you have cheats mod disable running there, wherever you have it checked.

Tetra

• No cloud, no squall hinder us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: 2017-05-18 15:12:54 »
Hi DLPB,

there is an incompatibility between your mod and gjoerulv's hardcore mod in 7H. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17612
I know, this is none of your business, your mod works properly without gjoerulv's hardcore mod, I just wonder if you know about the fix or post EQ2Alyza is talking about in the thread?

Thank you!

Saijenode

• 'Tis better to be vile than vile esteemed,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: 2017-05-19 00:13:39 »
Hello... I just installed this mod, the only things I had checked in the installer are the ones required. and my game constantly crashes at the scene right before placing the bomb in reactor 5. (the second reactor)

I browsed the thread and haven't found a solution. anyone else have this happen?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: 2017-05-19 00:18:27 »
@Tetra.  Sorry to do this to you, but the first post sums it up, sadly :P  I don't know anything about other mods.

@Saijenode.  Not related to this mod, otherwise it would have been stated a ton of times.  I can only assume you are using some other mod or 7th Heaven... that's messing something up.

Saijenode

• View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: 2017-05-19 15:33:14 »

@Saijenode.  Not related to this mod, otherwise it would have been stated a ton of times.  I can only assume you are using some other mod or 7th Heaven... that's messing something up.
[/quote]

Thats strange, I have only installed this mod. I've tried a few times on fresh installs of the game and its always at this place in the game. But without reuniun I can get past this moment.

I recall you mentioning something to do with a game driver yes: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.25   however the link provided in this thread is dead.
Is that Custom graphics driver by Aali required? perhaps someone could reupload it since the link on Aali's post is not working.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-19 15:49:40 by Saijenode »

Saijenode

• View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: 2017-05-19 16:18:22 »
I am an Idiot. It was a mod conflict. I had previously installed a high quality model mod and saved it on my back up copy... when I could have used the one provided in Reunion mod.

I am sorry for my mistake. and I appreciate you response.  Mod works perfectly and I Love it. =D Thank you !

You wouldn't happen to have any music replacement recommendations?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: 2017-05-19 16:40:06 »
Anxious heart is a mod by me that includes my favourites

Saijenode

• View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: 2017-05-19 18:31:45 »
Awesome. thank I will check it out.