Author Topic: 2015 INDIE GAME MAKER CONTEST!  (Read 3257 times)

ZL325

• View Profile
2015 INDIE GAME MAKER CONTEST!
« on: 2015-07-09 14:15:26 »
http://contest.gamedevfort.com/

https://www.humblebundle.com/

To start off Degica, most known for their RPG Maker series, is hosting another contest. Get this!  Humble Bundle is working with them too! At Humble Bundle you can get $1985 worth of game making software and assets for just $12 or more, you decide the price! The rules and guidelines you can find by going to the first link, and then the guidelines page. Prizes? Getting noticed and an insane prize pool!

http://contest.gamedevfort.com/page/prizes

Current prize pool for the grand, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes are as followed:

Grand Prize: $11,124.50

2nd Place: $2,927.50

3rd Place: $1,463.75

EDIT:

Grand Prize: $15,170.36

2nd Place: $3,992.20

3rd Place: $1,996.10

NOTE: That the prize pool is subject to change, with days to come. Reason being? The Prize pool increases depending on how many people buy the bundle at Humble Bundle, and choose where they want the money to go. You can decide to have it all sent to the pool, OR have it sent to charity OR the developers of whom allowed their game to be in the bundle also, the games with the bundle are winners from the previous contest. Also note that next Tuesday there will be more software and assets added to the bundle, so you get what is there now, and what is to come. There are also other prizes involved, which can be seen on the prize page.

Just thought I'd share this awesome event with the rest of the forums. ^_^
« Last Edit: 2015-07-12 12:37:09 by ZL325 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 INDIE GAME MAKER CONTEST!
« Reply #1 on: 2015-07-12 17:41:08 »
I bought this Humble Bundle as soon as I saw it. Some pretty good stuff in there.

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-07-12 18:11:43 »
So this bundle packs tools and softwares to create your games, that's it ?
And with them, you can come up with a game and then participate in the event ?
Thanks for the share, I think I'm to get it.

Also note that next Tuesday there will be more software and assets added to the bundle, so you get what is there now, and what is to come.

Thanks for clarifying, I was never sure about that.

I think I already have RPGmaker ( gotta check all the humble bundles I got so far.. still didn't have the chance to try any of them..... ).. so maybe I'll give the coupon to someone interested in it if I have no use of it ( and if I can give it )... gonna check
« Last Edit: 2015-07-12 18:13:21 by White Wind »

ZL325

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-07-21 08:07:17 »
There's only so much time to still buy the bundle for anyone that wants to, I believe there's only 10hrs left of me posting this before they start a different bundle.

Also an update to the total of how much the bundle would cost normally if you were to buy each thing individually...

$2,544 BAM, you save $2,532 by buying this alone. That's for say if you only spend the $12 to get everything, or if you're generous with having spent more. Honestly I bought the bundle twice. hehe O.O

If anyone doesn't know how to access the added software and assets from when they were added, all you have to do is go back to the link that they sent you when you bought it. I personally just created an account to claim it, a lot easier than having to look through your email/if you accidentally deleted it.

To White Wind, sorry for the very late reply, but yes you can use everything contained in the bundle as you wish, ALSO every asset within this bundle is licensed so that you can use them in your own commercial game, if you were to say create a masterpiece you could sell it on Steam or anything else similar.

I'm currently working on a game for this as well. ^_^ Not much time left, but just enough I believe for me to get most of what I want it to be when it's finished. :3 If I win or get good reviews I may just start a kickstarter afterwards. Yay, I'd hopefully then get to quit my job at lame retail, and do something I want to do! :D Haha

Update on prizes can be seen at the prize page, again: http://contest.gamedevfort.com/page/prizes

Humble Bundle Sales: $1,356,251.78

Current Prize Pool: $67,972.00

Grand Prize: $25,829.36

2nd Place: $6,797.20

3rd Place: $3,398.60

There are also sub category prizes as well, including a minicontest where you create an awesome level in one of the games they gave a coupon for.
Adventurezator: When Pigs Fly.

Prize Pig $679.72

They even have a money prize for someone that takes their time to review others games.

Golden Reviewer   $679.72

Good luck to any and whom are joining! :D
« Last Edit: 2015-07-21 08:21:46 by ZL325 »