Author Topic: FFVII Ultima Edition Illegal?  (Read 8359 times)

mikeyDOOM1988

FFVII Ultima Edition Illegal?
« on: 2009-03-03 15:22:00 »
Is it illegal to have FFVII Ultima Edition if I own the legal version of FF7 for PC? =/ I was just wondering.  :roll:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: FFVII Ultima Edition Illegal?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-03 15:44:59 »
I believe so, yes (I make no claim to be sure of this). You almost certainly won't get into any trouble for having the Ultima edition, whether or not you have the normal version, but it's still illegal. It's also best for Qhimm to stay on the safe side and have a blanket policy against downloaded games.

Anyway, why would someone that has the normal version and knows where to find mods want/bother to download the Ultima version?
« Last Edit: 2009-03-03 15:49:27 by Leighos Kudistos Megistos »

mikeyDOOM1988

« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-03 16:24:41 »
Well the Ultima version plays better on Vista, than my legal version does. That's why I'm currently using it. I tried finding out how to make my legal version work in Vista as well as Ultima version. =\

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-03 17:13:45 »
"Ultima Edition" is merely a proper "full install" of the game with a patched 1.02 .exe to include game fixes and no-cd. If you download the 1.02 exe update, patch it with the chocobo and mini-game fixes, you should be running fine. Just so I don't step on any toes, I won't include a how-to but I think any FFVII PC player should be converting their exe to a no-cd when finished as well, as the game's price just keeps rising and rising, and time passing inherently increases the risk of cumulating damage to the game disks. At the very least rip your disks and put them all onto a single DVD with a virtual drive program, or even copy onto separate CDs if need be.

mikeyDOOM1988

« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-03 18:32:47 »
So if i install my legal version again, apply the no-cd, patch it to 1.02 and all that stuff it'll work?

Abashiri

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-22 04:36:51 »
I have been wondering this too. I don't have a PC version, but I want one for the mods. I played this game a million times, I totally overplayed it. But it was quite a while ago, and it looked fun after looking at peoples' playlists of the game. Mods, such as the one making it harder, and allowing 5 digit damage, would make the game significantly better than the original.

Any help?