dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« on: 2017-12-03 17:52:20 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 15:58:17 by dkma841 »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
You see this wrong. If we would use ripped content and make the game look like as if it would be created in 2015 then it would be a competition to the Remake and the SE has a reason to take this side down. Don't forget that they had refused to remake this game because if it fails the expectation of the audience, it will harm the whole franchise. (Now where I think about it. Maybe that's why the franchise does degenerate from one FF release to another, to lower the expectation for the FF7 remake  ???). Anyway, if SE would fear it then and had faith that they can do it better than they wouldn't treat the original game that bad as they currently do.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I believe SE has become way too loose with the modders for the last few years. They don't care so much about ripped content and they support modding. Its been reported in one IGN interviews as well. I just can't find the video right now. They were mentioning about the nude models for FFXV and they didn't have any problem with that.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Oh, they changed their minds in regard to moding. They have even allowed an official mod for Deues EX. http://store.steampowered.com/app/397550/Deus_Ex_Revision/
But we won't see such a support for FF7 since the moding scene for the old game would be in direct competition with the remake. If a mod does maximize the profit, then I think they haven't a problem with it.