Author Topic: Out of hibernation  (Read 37223 times)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: Out of hibernation
« Reply #50 on: 2013-07-29 18:23:36 »
What is?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2013-07-29 23:10:03 »
I'm with Covarr. You never have enough artists. At my job they must account for over 75% of the staff.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2013-07-29 23:54:31 »
I do know how to get the field scenes into the game. Unfortunately I am barely able to come up with enough time to check the forums these days. I have some vacation in a couple weeks and I may be able to look at it then.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2013-07-31 04:42:19 »
I do know how to get the field scenes into the game. Unfortunately I am barely able to come up with enough time to check the forums these days. I have some vacation in a couple weeks and I may be able to look at it then.
Cool, I'll be looking forward to seeing your explanation. Personally, I'm even more blind because I don't have a PC version of the game. Perhaps it'll be worth writing a stickied procedure about this.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2013-08-01 15:40:58 »
Cool, I'll be looking forward to seeing your explanation. Personally, I'm even more blind because I don't have a PC version of the game. Perhaps it'll be worth writing a stickied procedure about this.

I'd be willing to donate a copy of the rerelease for you to us, You'll have to convert it using Kranmers patch but thats straight forward, And if it'll help you work on your models, i am definitely game

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2013-08-01 15:48:50 »
I'd be willing to donate a copy of the rerelease for you to us, You'll have to convert it using Kranmers patch but thats straight forward, And if it'll help you work on your models, i am definitely game
I didn't know the recent pc re-release version could be moded. If that's the case, I might as well get my own copy, I don't mind spending some $15 (thanks for the offer though). Where do you find this Kranmers patch? Found it! I should get this soon.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2013-08-01 15:52:45 »
The S-E store and Steam versions don't even necessarily need converted to mod. It depends on how the mod is produced. Any that require Aali's driver will still need to be patched, but I think with 7thWrapper we'll be seeing more and more mods that don't need it (am I correct in my understanding of 7thwrapper? Seems it works with the Steam version).

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2013-08-01 23:23:31 »
The S-E store and Steam versions don't even necessarily need converted to mod. It depends on how the mod is produced. Any that require Aali's driver will still need to be patched, but I think with 7thWrapper we'll be seeing more and more mods that don't need it (am I correct in my understanding of 7thwrapper? Seems it works with the Steam version).
That's news to me. I had done a test on v.15 that didn't fly. I think it will work with STEAM but someone may have to buy Iros a copy if they want him to adapt it.
I'll do some checking on v.20 and see if I can get it to work.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-02 15:01:05 by Template »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2013-08-02 15:11:23 »
That's news to me. I had done a test on v.15 that didn't fly. I think it will work with STEAM but someone may have to buy Iros a copy if they want him to adapt it.
I'll do some checking on v.20 and see if I can get it to work.
Well damn. I'd figured since it was intercepting LGP reads it could easily work with the Steam version.

I can do some testing when I get home, also. Hell, I'll even buy him the Steam version myself if he's willing to add support for it.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2013-08-02 16:48:32 »
Its the same thing 2012 is doing though isn't it? Need to figure out how to get between the launcher and the actual exe they hid inside. There may be a trick I have not considered.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2013-08-02 19:47:48 »
I agree that 2012 and Steam support would be great, but for the love of god, why wouldn't you convert your game?

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #61 on: 2013-08-02 19:56:20 »
I have to agree. Unconverted the game is nearly unplayable for me. Playing on a tv I have to have the enhanced and upscaled backgrounds, which still don't look great that big. When I solely launch the 2012, ugh it's just bad. I no longer have cloud saves, but that's not really a big deal, and I don't care about achievements for any game. Installing is easy too because I kept the 2012's game install executable. On the rare occasion I need a fresh game install it only takes about 15 minutes or so, including running bootleg.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2013-08-02 19:59:53 »
I too use a T.V. because I emulate a huge amount of games (dumped from my own copies of course!) and the re-release backgrounds are insanely pixelated and shitty.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2013-08-02 23:29:07 »
Well damn. I'd figured since it was intercepting LGP reads it could easily work with the Steam version.

I can do some testing when I get home, also. Hell, I'll even buy him the Steam version myself if he's willing to add support for it.

I am testing support for the 2012 version - it was a bit harder than I expected, but I think it is working now, so next version should support this :)

Is the Steam release the same as the 2012 version?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2013-08-02 23:35:09 »
Mostly, except I think all Steam games rely on some .dll's found in the Steam folders. (This is just a presumption, I actually have no idea)

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2013-08-03 01:50:30 »
I am testing support for the 2012 version - it was a bit harder than I expected, but I think it is working now, so next version should support this :)

Is the Steam release the same as the 2012 version?

I believe it is functionally. This should be compatible for both but only a test will show.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2013-08-05 13:48:23 »
Alright i will see what i can do making a tutorial. I will need all the render files to make masks. What program was used to create the renders?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2013-08-05 17:22:20 »
Alright i will see what i can do making a tutorial. I will need all the render files to make masks. What program was used to create the renders?

Thanks! anaho and I use Blender 3d. However, at this point: I couldn't check what the various layers were for my scenes, so I couldn't arrange the blender file along the proper layers to make the relevant renders. Do you need the blender files?
I think that my scenes for ealin_1, ealin_12 and msd5_i (perhaps mds5_dk) would be go to go, even though I would like to re-work on them later (mostly for using Cycles rendering engine, which is way better than the one I've been using for these). I also aim to get colne_be3 done soon (and this will be done with Cycles).
By the way, I just got the 2012 PC version of the game, and downloaded Palmer. Question: do you need to convert the game to the old version (using Kranmers' patch) in order to use Palmer? I've read about needing to unpack the lgp files, I'm not sure what's to be done about it (sorry for being such a noob when it actually comes to modifying the game).

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2013-08-05 17:24:59 »
Not quite sure about how to modify the game. Should be a tutorial somewhere. All i will need is the blender file i suppose. Plus all i am doing is making masks and cutting up the final render. So it wont be much effort to do the touchups and re cut it if we save the masks.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2013-08-05 21:46:15 »
So.... I just uploaded a big .zip to the Repo for the ealin scenes. The file's pretty big (some 80 Mb) because of all the texture files.
By the way, I am not sure you need to make masks and cut the final renders: in Blender it is possible to group objects along layers, and render only some layers while making the others invisible, while still have "interactions" between layers (eg. objects from a non-rendered layer can still cast shadows on the rendered layer).
Let me know if you need any help, I'll try to guide as best as I can. Note that the blender file also have what it takes to make the ealin_12, but the compositing setup has to be slightly different.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2013-08-05 22:14:23 »
Cant u just lasso tool the masks?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2013-08-06 20:59:43 »