Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 210153 times)

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
[FF7PC] Red Werewolf
« on: 2014-06-10 18:04:04 »
Red Werewolf V1.0

7th Heaven Version Here
Direct Version Here

This project has been unreal. It started June 23rd. I cannot believe it is finally finished. This mod replace Red XIII, a quadruped Lionish with a full blown kick-ass werewolf. This mod includes the battle model, field model, Custom animations, 7 limit breaks, avatar and all casting animations. A lot of people have had hands in on this and I really appreciate it. The following are instructions are installation. PLEASE READ!! If you find any problems or bugs or ideas on animation tweaks let me know

:::Thanks:::
to those who worked directly on the project and especially CMH175, who I feel ended up more as a co producer than someone who assisted.

Jeet

Leet

Kaldarasha

EQ2Alyza

Kuroda

And everyone who had suggestions and pointers.

And all of the creators of the tools that were used for the project.

:::For installation of the Red Werewolf:::

::7thHeaven::

(Can also be downloaded and installed directly from Tifa's Final Heaven catalog *Recommened for automatic updates!* ->
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0)

Download mod and copy iro into your 7thHeaven library. Open 7thHeaven, click the Library Tab,
and hit Search. Find the Red Werewolf and hit the Activate. Go to Active Mods Tab to configure mod. Select your gameplay
compatibility patch in the configuration window. If you're not using a gameplay mod than select Vanilla, it'll say no change.
Otherwise you need to select the patch for the mod you have installed, otherwise your gameplay mod will not function correctly.
NOTE: this is just a patch for the Red Werewolf, it does not actually install the gameplay mods listed. You will need to have
them fully installed. If you're using the Gameplay mods iro from the Tifa's Final Heaven catalog by EQ2Alyza than the Red Werewolf
will need to be placed ABOVE the gameplay mods iro to work correctly! If you decide to change gameplay mods just select your new one
in the configuration window.

::Direct Method::

NOTE: The direct method is not recommended for this mod! To uninstall it and use another Red XIII model you
will need to remove every file from the Red Werewolf mod. It's recommended that you backup your files first, otherwise you may need
to reinstall the game just to use a different Red XIII model.

Open each lgp necessary with an lgp tool and copy the files in and rezip them. Then copy in the kernel files from the vanilla folder,
or find your gameplay mod in the compatibility patch folder. For those with their own custom kernel settings, a patch file has been
included that you can merge with your own files.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-29 19:11:00 by WolfMan »

WolfMan

• View Profile
Re: Red XIII werewolf mod
« Reply #1 on: 2014-06-10 20:06:08 »
So ok. Here's something I want to do. I hope I don't upset anyone by changing Red XIII but I was thinking it would be really cool to change him into a werewolf. As you can see from my Avatar I might be a little obsessed. I've never done a mod before so I'm assuming this is going to take me a while but I think it will be pretty cool. I need some help though.

1. I dont even know which program to use to do a mod. Can some one link one?
2. Do I have to build the character from the ground up or is there a file I can load for a head start
3. finally. This is a big request. What I would really like to do is retexture the model that CMH did. What are the chances of being able to use your model and retexture it. Of course I would give you all the credit for the build. It's just that your model is perfect to the frame and size I am wanting.

Update:: So I have been working on this for a while now and am having some good progress.
Hoping to get it done soon and sharing the model. I will be doing both field and battle model.

I guess my main question is, what program should I use to open the character files so i can retexture them. And which file would I open to edit Red XIII
« Last Edit: 2014-09-03 15:30:59 by WolfMan »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #2 on: 2014-06-10 21:29:36 »
To do something like this you need to use a 3d modeling application (Blender, 3ds Max, Maya) and kimera to assemble the model. You'll also need to edit his animations so he stands up right too. As of now kimera's the only way to do this, but it's finicky, and would be long a tedious. As for permission, first I'd suggest sending it in a pm so the persons sure to get it, I just happened to find this by chance. Out of respect for Ash (the artist) I don't plan on granting permission for any edits or updates of the model. That way there aren't several different versions floating around and issues with quality control. If you're able to edit the battle animations enough with the original model though it's something we can discuss again.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-06-10 21:50:21 »
http://wolfnanaki.tumblr.com/post/30967637324
http://meteor-panda.deviantart.com/art/Colored-Red-75012326

It's not entirely impossible but it would be a lot of work . It would be the same amount of work as the whole Reunion mod. You need a good skeleton (Cid would be a good choice) and you need to modify all animations which will be super painful because Kimera isn't really good in altering animations in a big manner and it often crashes, but it's the only tool we have for it.
A much easier and doable mod would be to swap Vincents first limit with Red XIII's rage limit (was it one of the 3. Grade?) and transform him into a beast version of his kind.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-06-10 22:15:55 »
Well, I appreciate all of your input guys. I will get started and see what I end up with. Wish me luck lol

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-06-10 22:33:59 »
One more question. FF7 obviously has limitations. Obviously I can't import a Skyrim Werewolf into the game lol. Is there a "mode" I need to be in to create the mod so it will run in FF7

Scrat

• Don't eat yellow snow... even if it might be beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-06-11 07:41:58 »
I would probably worry about embedding it into the game later, I would start by building your model in blender or 3ds, that should take you long enough to see if Kimera gets updated or any new programs are released. Then you can worry about skeletons and altering animations, etc. and then make the whole thing fit together.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-06-11 13:18:22 »
Gotcha. This is going to be interesting

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-06-11 15:01:03 »
Try first to understand how the models are built in FF7. There is no point in making a model and then realize that it needs to be cut in many several pieces. The worst case is that you need to redo the UV map and texture.
Play around with Kimera and see how the models are working. I don't think that we will get new tools which are needed for your task in the near future. An import/export script for blender would be ideal so we can do all models and animation in it.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-06-11 17:41:26 »
Thanks Kaldarasha. I've never done any modeling work. I'm very versatile in Photoshop and illustrator but I've never done 3d. Does Adobe have a program like blender

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-06-11 20:14:55 »
Thanks Kaldarasha. I've never done any modeling work. I'm very versatile in Photoshop and illustrator but I've never done 3d. Does Adobe have a program like blender

No they don't, The equivalent (meaning high end 3d modeling software) would be 3dsMax, Maya or zBrush (thats more for sculpting though) but Blender is free so i'd say start with that. the other programs are all over a thousand i think

Though i personally am trying to get into texturing so i wouldn't mind some advise with illustrator and Photoshop :D

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014-06-11 22:13:21 »
What are you trying to texture? Thanks for the info

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014-06-11 23:56:21 »
Omg zBrush is amazing. Has anyone used it before?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2014-06-12 04:58:52 »
Here's my 2D concept of WereXIII. The base art was done by a fantastic artist in deviantart. I'm currently working on him letting me use his creation as my main influence. Of course when I start on zBrush I will be creating him from the ground up. Trust me I did a ton of alterations to get this look as he used to be black and red and had none of the Red XIII accessories. Hope you like it.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #14 on: 2014-06-12 11:58:24 »
Cool concept! Looking forward to it!

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2014-06-12 13:33:07 »
Thank you. Don't expect it too soon leonhart. This will be my first time modeling. I'm strong in graphic art but 3D? I'm nervous. Lol. I will continue updating the project. I'm getting zBrush tomorrow. I've been tutorialing my head off for the last 2 days.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2014-06-12 14:04:18 »
If you are very good in 2D it should be fairly easy for you to create a 3D model. You will make some mistakes (most times wrong proportions) but I'm sure you will learn very fast. I have seen good 3D models from guys who aren't good in 2D at all. Search for video tutorials, they will help you a lot to find good strategies for the whole model process.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2014-06-12 16:33:31 »
If you are very good in 2D it should be fairly easy for you to create a 3D model. You will make some mistakes (most times wrong proportions) but I'm sure you will learn very fast. I have seen good 3D models from guys who aren't good in 2D at all. Search for video tutorials, they will help you a lot to find good strategies for the whole model process.

Thank you for the encouraging advice. I can't wait to start on this.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2014-06-12 17:25:55 »
Great concept, pretty badass. Glad to hear you're going with zbrush, it's an incredible tool. Using zspheres for a project like this will really simplify it and yield great results. Just make sure you remember to adjust the polycount as you go along. Sculpting in zbrush creates millions of polygons which aren't video game friendly. You can easily fix this while you're working, just something to be aware of. 

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2014-06-12 19:09:59 »
Great concept, pretty badass. Glad to hear you're going with zbrush, it's an incredible tool. Using zspheres for a project like this will really simplify it and yield great results. Just make sure you remember to adjust the polycount as you go along. Sculpting in zbrush creates millions of polygons which aren't video game friendly. You can easily fix this while you're working, just something to be aware of.

thanks. any idea for a polycount to aim for? Rough estimate of course.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2014-06-12 19:44:03 »
You'd actually be surprised how high you can go with this game, I've imported models with about 30k. I wouldn't go much higher though, you may also have problems with kimera crashing. There's work arounds if that's the case, plus zbrush makes adjusting the polycount pretty easy with ZRemesher. When you're ready just cut the model in half and import the piece for the head. If it loads properly with the diffuse texture (cant use anything else unfortunately, no normal maps) and kimera doesn't crash when you move the piece you're good to go. 

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2014-06-12 20:13:23 »
I think 15K to 25K is more than enough. You won't see much details anyway thanks to the low FPS in battle and on field is the camera most times to far away.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2014-06-14 17:34:41 »
So... After 7 hrs of building learning and understanding here is what I have so far. It's not much but hey it's my first time ever.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #23 on: 2014-06-14 17:50:17 »
Lovely play doh!!! I wanna squeeze it! :P :P

Seriously! Great detailed model!

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2014-06-14 18:24:27 »
I think the colorizing and texturing is going to be the most fun but the biggest challenge.