Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 210828 times)

Jeet

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Red Werewolf
« Reply #500 on: 2014-09-08 18:45:07 »
yes thats what i understood, you suggest that in case of field problems, but i confirm that it will make the mod really more complicated to install, specially if werewolf use texture ( i dunno if texture are implented in the 3d model for PC but thats not the case on PSX)

So u managed to have a full working field model? that sounds good

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2014-09-08 20:22:25 »
Yes we did. It is totally awesome and hopefully I will have these final few animations fixed and ready soon. I am also asking anyone who uses him to please let me know of any problems you find.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2014-09-10 05:40:33 »
He's all DONE!! We will be finalizing the iro tomorrow and making the first official release tomorrow!!! Thank you to everyone. Especially for your patience. Heres a sneak peak. :) Enjoy. Again let me know if anything is found that needs altering.
http://youtu.be/1Vocucf-Xdo

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #503 on: 2014-09-10 09:28:45 »
Really nice! Not sure if it's the fps drop while capturing but there seems like a bit of lag between the animations and the hits while he attacks look a bit de-synced with the sound effects. Maybe it's my idea since I got used to the original Red XIII animations but it looks great overall! Well done to all!

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2014-09-10 12:30:18 »
Thanks leonhart.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2014-09-11 20:53:14 »
Nice one, converting the field model musthave been a pain, make me know if the limits breaks have some camera issues i can fix it.

About the sound impact when red13 attack, this is normal , its the same as gallian beast ( i copy pasted it from the model) so its not a problem with the video or anything, this is just the way gallian beast hit

ps: not sure about it but there is a small glitch making the fire effect of the limits break when red13 use "sense", i dont remember if i fixed it on my last update.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2014-09-11 22:38:19 »
Yes Jeet you fixed it. I will be uploading the official release tonight or tomorrow if you want to take a look at the camera angles on the limits. That would be awesome.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2014-09-12 15:16:29 »
Great job leet. Getting the knees bent for battle and field model!!

We are a small set back. We need to get the flevel adjusted for all game play mods. Aerith Revival (all versions), nightmare, new threat, hardcore and boss rush. If anyone has the flevels and could send them to me this would be a great help. Otherwise I will have to install each one and that will take a long time.

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2014-09-12 23:12:35 »
Glad to help wolfman, he does look very badass with the legs like that more werewolf and less like a man lol. its a shame that its so complicated for you but i can definitely see why it has taken so long. I struggled to keep kimera going last night due to the shear texture sizes and amounts lol. Bordes program really hates it.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #509 on: 2014-09-13 02:45:12 »
Yeah I converted and assembled the field model mostly in plain white and added the textures outside of kimera, directly in the rsd files.

Just a heads up as a possible issue may arise. The Red Werewolf is really about half a graphical and gameplay mod due to the files necessary for the mod to work. For compatibility I put together a gameplay mod patch for the gameplay mod iro in the Qhimm catalog, otherwise the Red Werewolf will overwrite the majority of gameplay mod files. This does mean that parts of each gameplay mod (or at least the ones that required patching) are included with patches so the Red Werewolf will function correctly without disrupting anything. This is purely for compatibility so no one has to pick and choose. You are still required to install the gameplay mod of your choice directly or through 7H, as this mod is not a replacement for any of them. I'd send out pms to different authors, but I'm not even sure how many there are as the list of gameplay mods in the iro is quite long. If anyone has questions or seriously rejects having their mod included in the compatibility patch just pm either Wolfman or me and we'll see what we can do.   

What was actually done:

I unzipped the iro from the catalog. Red XIII's limits were altered in the kernel using Walmarket, so I exported a patch file and applied it to each gameplay mod. Changing nothing other than Red XIII's limit settings.

For the field model some animations don't transfer over exactly the same so some are being edited in the flevel, mainly three scenes. As we don't want to overwrite these particular scenes from the gameplay mods the animation alterations are being added to the flevels and these three scene ids are being exported alone. Nothing else is touched.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-13 03:03:02 by cmh175 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2014-09-13 18:11:56 »
This does mean that parts of each gameplay mod (or at least the ones that required patching) are included with patches so the Red Werewolf will function correctly without disrupting anything. This is purely for compatibility so no one has to pick and choose.

I unzipped the iro from the catalog. Red XIII's limits were altered in the kernel using Walmarket, so I exported a patch file and applied it to each gameplay mod. Changing nothing other than Red XIII's limit settings.

Nobody mentioned anything to me about changing the kernel. I update the scene.bin and kernel quite regularly to fix issues or add new stuff. A second kernel where changes have to be transferred across each time isn't something I'm wild about (unless you can patch limit breaks on their own in 7H? How would that work for synching the scene.bin?) I'm also not sure what you mean by including patches with the gameplay mod files either; does that mean making direct alterations to the NT Mod's core files rather than the werewolf mod being it's own separate patch that's applied higher up in the load order, handing down the three field files and char.lgp/battle.lgp files? Not sure what you mean by 'no-one has to pick and choose'.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2014-09-13 18:32:13 »
Nobody mentioned anything to me about changing the kernel. I update the scene.bin and kernel quite regularly to fix issues or add new stuff. A second kernel where changes have to be transferred across each time isn't something I'm wild about (unless you can patch limit breaks on their own in 7H? How would that work for synching the scene.bin?) I'm also not sure what you mean by including patches with the gameplay mod files either; does that mean making direct alterations to the NT Mod's core files rather than the werewolf mod being it's own separate patch that's applied higher up in the load order, handing down the three field files and char.lgp/battle.lgp files? Not sure what you mean by 'no-one has to pick and choose'.

Crap, I had not thought about the NT mod still being in development. The other gameplay mods seem to be in their final state. Editing the limit breaks was tiring and frustrating since we couldn't figure out how to make a hex file after editing the limits in the ff7.exe. So I lost patience and did them in walmarket which is a lot easier. The problem is I cant seem to export a single file that the game can read that changes just Red XIII's limits, it has to be a whole kernel. So the compatibility patch has the vanilla kernel with the limit break changes patched and I did the same for every other kernel in the gameplay iro. Otherwise the Red Werewolf would just overwrite gameplay mods in 7H or direct installs.

The scene.bin isn't touched by the Red Werewolf so it's not included. In 7H the Red Werewolf is placed above the gameplay mod so the compatible kernel's are used, but everything else is used from the gameplay iro. Models, entire flevels, scene.bins, none of that is included and still required from the original mods. At this point the only other alternative is the mod released with the kernel patch file I did that'll require being manually added to the installed kernel. This also means that the gameplay mod cant be installed through 7H, not without being unzipped and patched first. Changing Red XIII into a werewolf is almost on the same level as reviving Aeris.   

If you update the mod regularly how is the gameplay iro kept up to date? Patching the mod with the Werewolf changes just requires us to download the new kernel, apply kernel patch, and rezip the new Werewolf iro. It'll be included in the Qhimm catalog too so updates will be automatically downloaded and installed so no one has to manually update. Updates can be managed every/every other week fairly easily since it's a five minute process.

~Actually I did come up with an alternative if the gameplay compatibility patch doesn't seem acceptable. Though it relieves heavily on someone volunteering to create the hex file for the new limits. It'll leave the kernel alone. Animation changes how ever require type 1 chunk files in 7H, so it'll change script and model settings. Dialogue wont be effected. The necessary scenes are Hojo's Lab when Red XIII attacks Hojo, meeting President Shinra in his office, and Greeting Rufus in Junon before getting on the cargo ship. I doubt gameplay mods have any script edits for these scenes, so this is the best alternative that doesn't' involve any files from other mods.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-13 18:55:05 by cmh175 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2014-09-13 19:01:32 »
If you update the mod regularly how is the gameplay iro kept up to date? Patching the mod with the Werewolf changes just requires us to download the new kernel, apply kernel patch, and rezip the new Werewolf iro. It'll be included in the Qhimm catalog too so updates will be automatically downloaded and installed so no one has to manually update. Updates can be managed every/every other week fairly easily since it's a five minute process.

I don't actually have a copy of the gameplay iro at all so it's very likely not up to date (Alyza made it, with help from Kalderasha I think). Before today I thought that the NT Mod had been temporarily removed from 7H but from the sound of things it's still there. If you or Wolfman are willing to keep a second kernel up to date then that's fine, but you might need to copy the scene.bin while making a new iro and synch it with the Wolf Kernel to make sure it doesn't fall out of whack.

I'm hoping that 1.2 is much more stable than the older one and doesn't need constant updates but maybe wait a week or two after 1.2 goes out before making a wolf patch for it so I can get any problems sorted out with the new stuff that's going in.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #513 on: 2014-09-14 18:51:35 »
I don't actually have a copy of the gameplay iro at all so it's very likely not up to date (Alyza made it, with help from Kalderasha I think). Before today I thought that the NT Mod had been temporarily removed from 7H but from the sound of things it's still there. If you or Wolfman are willing to keep a second kernel up to date then that's fine, but you might need to copy the scene.bin while making a new iro and synch it with the Wolf Kernel to make sure it doesn't fall out of whack.

I'm hoping that 1.2 is much more stable than the older one and doesn't need constant updates but maybe wait a week or two after 1.2 goes out before making a wolf patch for it so I can get any problems sorted out with the new stuff that's going in.

I forgot to edit it out of the xml before the release, sorry. Long hours at night can make me very tired and forgetful sometimes :| Do you want me to try and do a silent update through the MetaVersion tag and have it disappear until 1.2? It's up to you.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf (2014-09-03)
« Reply #514 on: 2014-09-14 21:06:11 »
Don't worry about it, you did me a big favour by putting the xml together in the first place. If it causes trouble to remove it then it's no bother, but if possible then I'd appreciate it. The biggest problem is that some of the variables in the older build aren't functioning correctly which led to people being locked out from stuff they'd unlocked which needed a messy fix that unlocked everything in one go. It's been fixed now, but I can't remember if it was in the 7H version at the time.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2014-09-15 15:12:12 »
Well looks like we're getting stuff wrapped up. Sorry I've been away. Should be looking at an official release this week. Knees are already bent thanks to Leet. We're getting 2 chunks of info to wrap into the 7H file. Once completed we will be just moments away!! Thanks for the patience everyone.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2014-09-16 20:37:16 »
He's done!! 1st official release is now live. Check him out please!

Check out post #1 for ReadMe and Links

Please let me know if you see anything out of whack.  ;D
« Last Edit: 2014-09-16 22:38:45 by WolfMan »

cmh175

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf
« Reply #517 on: 2014-09-16 23:09:55 »
Played through a few more scenes outside of our testing scope, looking good man. Glad to see this finally completed.

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2014-09-16 23:32:59 »
Very well done to you both for getting this mammoth task finished. Im actually taking a bit of time out to play through the game so i will run this at the same time if i spot anything unusual i will let you know  :)

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2014-09-16 23:37:21 »
That's great thanks man, that's exactly what the werewolf needs. Particular scenes were Red XIII plays a big part and uses animations other than the norm (walk, run, and idle) have been checked and edited but to really perfect the mod it'll need a full play through. So if you guys see anything odd post the issue and where in the game you saw it.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #520 on: 2014-09-17 01:57:34 »
Well done! Way for more now! Modding to the max!

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2014-09-17 12:28:19 »
Thanks Leonhart.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #522 on: 2014-09-18 05:48:14 »
Congrats!

Just a small note on the installation. I would use the Import button to put it into 7H, rather than manually placing it into the 7H Library folder. In my tests, this will cause the ID tag to display in front of the mod name and it's confusing to new users what that mess of letters and numbers mean.

I'll add this to the catalog this week :)

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2014-09-18 11:55:49 »
Thanks EQ. This is my first time talking with you. I appreciate everything you have done.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2014-09-18 13:11:21 »
Congrats!

Just a small note on the installation. I would use the Import button to put it into 7H, rather than manually placing it into the 7H Library folder. In my tests, this will cause the ID tag to display in front of the mod name and it's confusing to new users what that mess of letters and numbers mean.

I'll add this to the catalog this week :)

Is that something new with the recent versions of 7H? I've always just pasted iro's into the library. Importing them just seems to make a copy of it in the library for you (which is nice for those who aren't as familiar with it) but it takes longer, particularly for larger mods. I haven't really seen a difference, other than the imported mods have a serial number or something added to the name inside the library folder. Either way I'd say the best install method will be the catalog so you just have to hit download to install it, and updates can be applied automatically.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-18 13:13:26 by cmh175 »