Author Topic: Aali's driver [v 0.7.7] Help/Bugs/Suggestions  (Read 108442 times)

Kranmer

• View Profile
Aali's driver [v 0.7.7] Help/Bugs/Suggestions
« on: 2010-04-11 15:55:37 »
http://backup.ninjaloot.se/share/ff7_opengl-0.7.7b.zip

Installation
1. Extract the archive into your ff7 or ff8 folder
FF7:
2a. Run the modified FF7Config, pick custom driver in the list of renderers, you should get confirmation that the driver is working.
3a. Change your settings in ff7_opengl.cfg
FF8:
2b. Make sure EAX is properly installed (run EAXUnified.exe to install it if unsure)
3b. Change your settings in ff8_opengl.cfg
4. Play!

Changelog
Added a "mod path" option and a mods folder where .png textures will be loaded from in the same way as external textures except this is done automatically and uses the original file name (so you don't have to modify the original file at all).
Added show_missing_textures option for modders, this option will make the driver print a message to app.log every time it tries to load a png file and doesn't find it.
Direct mode no longer requires a full set of files to work, if a file cannot be found in the direct/ folder it will fall back to the original LGP archive.
Frame skip in movies is now an opt-in setting, add "skip_frames = yes" to the config file if the feature was useful to you.
Fellow programmers can add "load_library = <dll file>" to the config file and have their own libraries loaded into FF7.
FF8 credits and card game should be working again.
Models using the wrong vertex type are handled a bit differently, instead of complaining once when the first such model is drawn the driver will instead produce a glitch message whenever such a .p file is loaded, also printing the name of the file in question. I'm aware of the fact that this is really annoying to some people but hopefully some of these models will actually be fixed now.

If you find any issues, please post screenshots, relevant information from app.log and if possible, a savegame.
If you get a crash, provide a copy of crash.dmp and app.log (preferably in a zip archive, this will make it 10x smaller)

Thanks for the new version Aali and for adding load_libary, I will test this shortly.

EDIT- just tested the DLL function and the speedhack.dll works great with your load_libary setting.
here is Aali's Custom Driver with Speedhack
http://www.mediafire.com/?wz3mmyofnmg
« Last Edit: 2010-06-16 03:15:44 by obesebear »

Cesarepais

Re: Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-11 16:02:39 »
I have a problem ... After I copied these files (FF7Config.exe, ff7_opengl.cfg, ff7_opengl.fgd, eax.dll) inside the game folder, when I go on FF7Config.exe opengl section tells me broken ... After that I put that, I open the game in only one quarter of the screen as if it were whole, I see pieces of colorful maps bad, all in all purple or yellow etc ... But I put the mod is ok, but I would avoid this problem

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-11 16:12:08 »
Cesarepais in FF7CONFIG you need to click on "Custom Driver" and NOT "openGL driver (Broken)"

Cesarepais

« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-11 16:14:49 »
But the patch is not supported with this configuration of the game

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-04-11 16:42:38 »
But the patch is not supported with this configuration of the game

What patch? the only patch you should have is the official 1.02 patch (which you need to run this driver)

Also, great work Aali :D

Cesarepais

« Reply #5 on: 2010-04-11 16:46:18 »
Exactly ... I've always had that patch, but after I changed the configuration and start the game, leaving me a message that says "No-CD patches are not sipported, please use the official version"... just happened to me this thing?

Rigel

• Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, on
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-04-11 17:41:03 »
 :cry: Again no support for FF8 Italian version, Aali, can you release in future a working version of yours driver for my language?
Thanks

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-04-11 17:53:24 »
Exactly ... I've always had that patch, but after I changed the configuration and start the game, leaving me a message that says "No-CD patches are not sipported, please use the official version"... just happened to me this thing?
2 questions:

1. Are you using a no-cd patch?
2. Are you using a non-English language version of the game? Aali's driver doesn't work with all the different official versions yet, but he's constantly working to add more.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-04-11 17:55:52 »
:cry: Again no support for FF8 Italian version, Aali, can you release in future a working version of yours driver for my language?
Thanks

It's on my todo-list, don't worry. Adding support for a new language is a quite boring and time-consuming process at the moment though. FF7 is a lot better than FF8 in this regard but I'm working on making it easier for FF8 aswell. Maybe it will be in the next version, maybe not.

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-04-11 18:29:00 »
Not sure this has been mentioned before either, but when I am on title screen after load up or after gameover...the niblheim FMV starts to play and is then cut out by the "glitch" message.

Rigel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-04-11 18:32:05 »
Thanks

It's on my todo-list, don't worry. Adding support for a new language is a quite boring and time-consuming process at the moment though. FF7 is a lot better than FF8 in this regard but I'm working on making it easier for FF8 aswell. Maybe it will be in the next version, maybe not.
Thanks, Aali, you are the BEST  ;D

Sp4wN26

« Reply #11 on: 2010-04-11 19:04:42 »
FF7:
2a. Run the modified FF7Config, pick custom driver in the list of renderers, you should get confirmation that the driver is working.
3a. Change your settings in ff7_opengl.cfg

What do you actually change into the ff7_opengl.cfg file?

AngeBleu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-04-11 19:17:44 »
Can we hide all messages that we can notice with Custom Driver 7.7b ?

Sp4wN26

« Reply #13 on: 2010-04-11 19:44:42 »
Ok so I install FF7, apply the 1.02 official patch then extract your .zip into the installation folder and follow your instruction. Now It crashes on load before I can see anything :/

One thing I did not do is to change settings in the Opengl.cfg simply beacause I don't know what to change  :-X

Thank you for any help

Edit: at first my problem was for the game to crash at the first fight.

Edit2: working fine now, I had to run it under Windows Xp compatibility
« Last Edit: 2010-04-11 20:37:37 by Sp4wN26 »

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-04-11 19:47:57 »
Thanks Aali your the best!. Regular updates too.

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-04-11 20:55:59 »
also, I was in battle with Emerald Weapon and I heard Hades Sound effect

Sawced

« Reply #16 on: 2010-04-11 22:54:22 »
nvm i got it working properly again. for some reason it just needed a clean install lol. keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: 2010-04-12 03:58:33 by Sawced »

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-04-12 06:15:07 »
Yeah, I'm getting a crash when it gets to the New Game screen.

Terid__K

« Reply #18 on: 2010-04-12 11:32:27 »

Me too. It doesn't generate a crash dump either, it's just the usual "ff7.exe has encountered an error and needs to close". It's working fine in FF8.

I guess it's back to 7.5b for me.

Cesarepais

« Reply #19 on: 2010-04-12 12:38:06 »
2 questions:

1. Are you using a no-cd patch?
2. Are you using a non-English language version of the game? Aali's driver doesn't work with all the different official versions yet, but he's constantly working to add more.

1. I use a patch no-cd
2. I use the patch for the Italian version

Rigel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-04-12 17:10:50 »
Hi,
  FFVII works perfectly on my pc without error:

1 - I have the original Final Fantasy VII CD and I use cd images with daemon tools (no mini-image).
 2 - I use cetramod guide to translate FFVII in Italian with Sadness translation patch but without theirs two avi videos with subtitle. The translation doesn't give me any error or problem.

The no-cd patch is used usually for the illegal downloaded version and obviously it's not supported.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-04-13 00:31:18 »

Me too. It doesn't generate a crash dump either, it's just the usual "ff7.exe has encountered an error and needs to close". It's working fine in FF8.

I guess it's back to 7.5b for me.

Exactly the same issue as mine

InuRa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-04-13 00:36:34 »
The no-cd patch is used usually for the illegal downloaded version and obviously it's not supported.

...or with small laptops, don't forget those.
I have the original PS1 and PC versions of the game, yet, the place where I like to play it the most is on my 11.2' laptop of 'course since it makes it kinda portable. Daemon-Tools makes me waste some extra 600MB on the CD, when I even decreased my video quality to make them use a total of 400MB just so I have more space for stuff.
Yeah, upgrading my 160GB hard drive is not an option, and neither is wasting 1+GB with "nothing", need to upgrade the RAM to 3GB first. :P

This error doesn't seem to be related to the .exe changes tho, otherwise I'm pretty sure Aali would have made a nice "Go buy the game... somewhere... somehow..." message for everyone instead of that, but then again i haven't had a chance to analyze it yet.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-13 04:41:15 by InuRa »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-04-13 01:40:14 »
InuRa, you could make dummy images of the gamediscs and use those with Daemon tools. The only thing FF7 looks for is the name "FF7DISC1" etc., the contents of the disc doesn't matter. Which means that you don't need a No-CD crack, and can therefore use Aali's driver.

InuRa

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-04-13 03:08:21 »
InuRa, you could make dummy images of the gamediscs and use those with Daemon tools. The only thing FF7 looks for is the name "FF7DISC1" etc., the contents of the disc doesn't matter. Which means that you don't need a No-CD crack, and can therefore use Aali's driver.

Really? Well, that's a good idea then if it takes no more extra space. I'll give it a try. Thanks. :)