Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread  (Read 310522 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread
« Reply #250 on: 2012-08-03 01:38:44 »
Having an opinion that differs from yours isn't trolling. Get over yourself.

I had a feeling you'd come in protecting her, but I think it is quite obvious what she (if she is a she, which I seriously doubt) is up to, given the way she presents her arguments, aiming them at me (continually), as well as pestering me in IRC like a complete idiot.  As I said, it will be falling on deaf ears in future (as she is on ignore), like asking you to do something about trolling falls on deaf ears.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-03 01:43:58 by DLPB »

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2012-08-03 02:29:32 »
a complete idiot
Yet another insult... by my count that 2. Yes I'm keeping track. I don't know how someone can get away with so much yet point the finger. I have never insulted you, guess that makes me the bigger person.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2012-08-03 03:09:03 »
Imagine some of the stuff they show off at gamescom as new turned out to be mods from here :P

Seriously though, if they show off any visual improvements besides a choice of resolution, I would actually be impressed. Hell even if they just did an HD UI, still shows hope for them as a company.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #253 on: 2012-08-03 04:00:01 »
Re-Releasing games? Check.
Serious effort put into it to justify the additional monetary gain? Check.
One thing cannot happen with another? Double Check.

If his assumptions and fact treating that there will be nothing of value in the re-release are in need of proof, SO ARE YOURS Mako.
In favor of his argument speak past events and direction of the company.
In favor of yours? That it happens to be shown at a convention that's not exactly a mass media promotion like E3
And no, you'd be the bigger person if you would stop arguing with him like a little kid. Ignore him, as he did you. Right now you're just embarassing yourself.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2012-08-03 06:03:48 »
If his assumptions and fact treating that there will be nothing of value in the re-release are in need of proof, SO ARE YOURS Mako.
I make no claim to anything besides I need more info then a teaser video. I have no argument to present. I stated what I would like. So pretty much 2/3rds of you Me vs Him is null.

And no, you'd be the bigger person if you would stop arguing with him like a little kid.
Arguing and asking for facts is two separate yet completely different things.  Mako's Fun Fact: Did you know DLPB has put me on ignore six times in the past. Only risk of embarrassing myself would happen if I reduced myself to name calling to prove my point. (if I had one) That or jump in a thread and claim I have a side and tell another what 'side' they are on without reading or understanding the posts.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-03 07:54:57 by Mako »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #255 on: 2012-08-03 07:25:38 »
So you're accusing me of not reading posts / understanding them?
I love people like you, trying to pass themselves off as better and more mature than they actually are. All they really do is cleverly mask their instigation with neutral looking words.
You do know you're instigating arguments here, yes?

Also, you automatically make an opposite claim if you go about questioning his. So 2/3 of your post is null.
Welcome to arguments.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2012-08-03 08:09:26 »
Also, you automatically make an opposite claim if you go about questioning his.
No, standing against someone does not mean I 'pick' and side. I would just like to hear more before I jump to any conclusions. This is a neutral stance on the issue.

I love people like you, trying to pass themselves off as better and more mature than they actually are.
Never said any of that. I just said I don't have a stance and I wish Dan would stop the name calling. I wish you would to, it's beneath you.

All they really do is cleverly mask their instigation with neutral looking words.
There is no such thing as neutral looking words. They are ether neutral or not.  If a word looks neutral that's cause it is. Funny thing about words is they made up entirely of visual characters. Meaning how you interpret those visual characters is how you yourself were taught to interpret them. I suggest you re-interpret what I'm saying, without the name calling.

I cannot commit instigation if the person in question is not see able to see my posts.

I guess the positive out of all of this is "you love people like me" I'll take it where I can get it. =/ even if you are being un-kind.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2012-08-03 13:18:33 »
Enough of this. Mako, DLPB i suggest you both put each other on ignore as it is evident that you two will never get along. If I notice either one of you replying to the other person you are both going to get muted. All moderators are instructed to do the same. I dont have time to deal with this crap. Final warning.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2012-08-03 13:49:13 »
Enough of this. Mako, DLPB i suggest you both put each other on ignore as it is evident that you two will never get along. If I notice either one of you replying to the other person you are both going to get muted. All moderators are instructed to do the same. I dont have time to deal with this crap. Final warning.
Ah man :/ anyways i suggest other people aswell such as Kuugenthefox to stop attacking her she is doing nothing wrong except giving out opinions which i find interesting and agree with majority of the times as she always gives out really good points after all this is in the General Discussion section where you discuss.., this is a forum this stuff happens and is what makes it interesting :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2012-08-03 14:07:27 »
I'm gonna go ahead and add onto what sl1982 has said. This thread has gone off-topic enough, and this argument needs to end. I'm going to request that nobody continue it here, DLPB, Mako, or anyone else, in any form at all. That means no third parties taking sides, no flaming either direct or indirect, no "explaining" why you were right and the other person was wrong... If you have an issue with the way staff has handled this, take it up with us PRIVATELY. But there will be no more cluttering up this thread with arguing, no more flaming.

As for the original issue of how much the game was upgraded?, if any? I don't want to see any more speculation about this. We will hopefully learn more at Gamescom, but until then let's not claim to know one way or the other unless we can provide DIRECT proof (screenshots or video). eg we can safely assume the game will run at a higher resolution and have upscaled FMVs based on the trailer shown. We don't know if they've touched the framerate, the backgrounds, the models, or anything else. Guessing won't change that. Speculation will lead to arguments, and probably warnings, so don't do it.

edit: To clarify, it's fine to discuss what we've seen, and what we HOPE to see. My issue here is with speaking with unfounded certainty. "I hope it has X feature" is fine, "I know for a fact it will/won't because intuition" is not.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-03 18:50:42 by Covarr »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #260 on: 2012-08-03 14:58:22 »
I love Final Fantasy VII   ;D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2012-08-03 15:31:42 »
Just read up.  Yes, she is on ignore and that's the end of it :)

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2012-08-03 17:53:18 »
I love Final Fantasy VII   ;D

AWWW YEEAAAHHH!

GeekRichieUK

• I haven't completed Final Fantasy IX...
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2012-08-04 15:56:33 »
  They are releasing it again only because of Windows 7 and compatibility issues and to make money.  Simple.

They would get charged by Microsoft to release it on Windows 8 as part of their Metro-appstore too, so to them its now or never to milk the platform.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2012-08-04 16:01:51 »
They would get charged by Microsoft to release it on Windows 8 as part of their Metro-appstore too, so to them its now or never to milk the platform.
I don't think that's a huge factor, since they are releasing it in their own store anyway. It's not like Windows 8 *only* runs apps from their store, it's still got the classic desktop environment.

As an aside, it's not Metro anymore.

neomonkeus

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2012-08-04 16:36:45 »
Just a point about classic desktop, apparently it be run as a separate app with metro still running in the background as metro is so ingrained in the system, pretty unfortunate really wasting cpu. Then again doesn't really bother me as I expected such things, they like to keep the theme going, avoid the in-between versions :P XP -> Vista -> 7 -> 8

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2012-08-05 03:05:05 »
In the screenshots section, the background of the only field based screenshot seems highly pixelated, which is depressing. Not that I had high hopes for this though to begin with.

The battle screenshots seem sharper than usual, however.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2012-08-05 03:39:43 »
They chose some very odd resolutions for those screenshots. I play the *wtf* card.

Is it actually for sale? Or is this page a mistake? finalfantasyviipc.com still says "Coming Soon". I'm debating whether or not I should try to spend money on something that maybe won't let me download.

edit: It let me buy it, and I'm downloading now. I'll give a more thorough write-up once it finishes, but that may be a while since it's going slow. Not my connection either. I suspect they're server just can't take it.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-05 04:00:35 by Covarr »

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2012-08-05 04:05:46 »
NO I HATE YOU COVARR, I saw this and decided Id wait an hour or so to buy it, I come back and you have, and now the link throws an error.

No FF7PC Digital download for me:P

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2012-08-05 07:31:47 »
Guess what I found... OGG Music...

IT'S THE MIDI MUSIC CONVERTED TO OGG. THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO RIP THE PSX MUSIC. But at least it should be easy to replace, since they also appear to be using vgmstream.

still examining the download. It does have a folder called "plugins" with a bunch of stuff, mostly just image libraries (for tiff, gif, ico, jpg, mng, and svg) and "shaders" with some pretty slick hlsl shaders called "pixel.hlsl" and "vert.hlsl" (hlsl implies it definitely uses direct3d). I won't post the content of the shaders, as I assume it's copyrighted. Also, uses lgps which extracted just fine, so a good number of our mods should still work, and others will need to be converted from png. No big deal.

More info as I find it.

edit: It uses securom. It also won't activate, which I assume is because it's not even supposed to be up. The download and purchase options are completely gone now.

edit: The old MIDIs are here too, as well as the soundfonts. Do any modern cards even support .sf2?
« Last Edit: 2012-08-05 07:50:27 by Covarr »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2012-08-05 08:10:23 »
edit: It uses securom. It also won't activate, which I assume is because it's not even supposed to be up. The download and purchase options are completely gone now.
Damn, if its securom protected it will probably stop a few mods (things that alter the EXE like menu overhaul) so i guess we will have to either find some other way to edit it (i mean instead of editing the EXE maybe alter the memory address's while the game is running somehow).

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2012-08-05 08:15:23 »
Guess what I found... OGG Music...

IT'S THE MIDI MUSIC CONVERTED TO OGG. THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO RIP THE PSX MUSIC. But at least it should be easy to replace, since they also appear to be using vgmstream.

still examining the download. It does have a folder called "plugins" with a bunch of stuff, mostly just image libraries (for tiff, gif, ico, jpg, mng, and svg) and "shaders" with some pretty slick hlsl shaders called "pixel.hlsl" and "vert.hlsl" (hlsl implies it definitely uses direct3d). I won't post the content of the shaders, as I assume it's copyrighted. Also, uses lgps which extracted just fine, so a good number of our mods should still work, and others will need to be converted from png. No big deal.

More info as I find it.

edit: The old MIDIs are here too, as well as the soundfonts. Do any modern cards even support .sf2?

I guess a FF7music update is required, after all. thanks for sharing your findings.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2012-08-05 08:56:31 »
So what's going on, is it released or what?

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2012-08-05 09:01:47 »
I checked it and no, not even on the website.