Author Topic: Why, Sony? Why make this so hard?  (Read 10075 times)

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
Why, Sony? Why make this so hard?
« on: 2012-07-23 10:25:39 »
Sony made one of the best consoles ever that is Still for sale to this day.The Playstion2 has a memory file type called .ps2 which has yet to have an easy way to be transferred to a personal computer in a simple way. Instead, fifteen different items and programs in the most complicated way is required. And on top Of that, your PS 2 may not work with famous software like Action Replay or Codebreakers. You have to be a freaken hacker to get it to work with all the components working. So I think I came up with a simple solution. Use a USB PS2 to pS3 memory card reader. Since I need to get it from Amazon.com, I shall have to wait a bit longer to get the Buster sword to Tidus. :-s

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
Re: Why, Sony? Why make this so hard?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-23 11:29:46 »
from what i tried the memory card to ps3 adaptor works fine on the ps3 but doesnt work connected to computer. you still have to rely on action replay and so on. i use ulaunchelf. ulaunchelf even works on backwards compatible ps3s and the ps3 virtual memory cards. their is a youtube video out there to move ps1 saves from pc to a ps1 memory card using the adaptor. if i find the video ill edit the link into this reply. any question feel free to pm me

EDIT
ways to get it ps2 saves from pc to ps2
-Ulaunchelf
-action replay etc
-memor32 card really expensive
ps2 saves from pc to ps3
requires flash drive move save to ps3 like in this link http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/answers?qid=14326
« Last Edit: 2012-07-23 11:45:33 by squall8cloud7 »

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-05 04:24:11 »
from what i tried the memory card to ps3 adaptor works fine on the ps3 but doesnt work connected to computer. you still have to rely on action replay and so on. i use ulaunchelf. ulaunchelf even works on backwards compatible ps3s and the ps3 virtual memory cards. their is a youtube video out there to move ps1 saves from pc to a ps1 memory card using the adaptor. if i find the video ill edit the link into this reply. any question feel free to pm me

EDIT
ways to get it ps2 saves from pc to ps2
-Ulaunchelf
-action replay etc
-memor32 card really expensive
ps2 saves from pc to ps3
requires flash drive move save to ps3 like in this link http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/answers?qid=14326
Thank you, I appreciate your help. I have decided to get a good copy of Action Replay. Could you please tell me how to get Ulanchelf to work on a Playstation2? Thanks, @squall8cloud7. :-)

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-06 11:42:21 »
action replay can be a pain. i highly recomend swapmagic. action replay has a save manager but its not very reliable and its tricky to get the hang of. swapmagic can launch elf files which are like .exe for you ps2. with swapmagic you can also play imports and backups.

go to this guide http://freemcboot.info/swapmagic.html

there are a couple  things youll need.
freemcboot download links in link above. which is a homebrew that creates a "hacked" memory card. it lets you launch your elf files straight from your browser.
ulaunchelf download links in link above.
swapmagic. buy off amazon should be less than 20
fat32 usb.
a ps2 memory card. if you have an extra  thats great. freemcboot requires a format.

that should be it just follow the guide. if you have any other questions just pm me

action replay can be tedious. requires a bit of figuring out even with tutorials. and takes longer.
http://freemcboot.info/armax2.html
thatsgood guide for it.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-06 11:46:04 by squall8cloud7 »

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-08 15:09:15 »
action replay can be a pain. i highly recomend swapmagic. action replay has a save manager but its not very reliable and its tricky to get the hang of. swapmagic can launch elf files which are like .exe for you ps2. with swapmagic you can also play imports and backups.

go to this guide http://freemcboot.info/swapmagic.html

there are a couple  things youll need.
freemcboot download links in link above. which is a homebrew that creates a "hacked" memory card. it lets you launch your elf files straight from your browser.
ulaunchelf download links in link above.
swapmagic. buy off amazon should be less than 20
fat32 usb.
a ps2 memory card. if you have an extra  thats great. freemcboot requires a format.

that should be it just follow the guide. if you have any other questions just pm me

action replay can be tedious. requires a bit of figuring out even with tutorials. and takes longer.
http://freemcboot.info/armax2.html
thatsgood guide for it.
Swap Magic? Never heard of it. Thank you so much, @squall8cloud7.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-08-08 15:56:27 »
swap magic is legit dont worry.

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-09-05 07:03:02 »
I should have never bought a Playstation 2 Slim. I so badly want the original now so I can do the AR Max thing.

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-09-05 07:06:29 »
I should have never bought a Playstation 2 Slim. I so badly want the original now so I can do the AR Max thing.
Cost for swap magic is $18.00. Wait, I have seen this before on Amazon.com. Alright, I will buy it.

http://www.amazon.com/PS2-Magic-2-Disc-SWAPMAGIC-VERSION/dp/B004P50NOO

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-09-05 09:27:31 »
do you need a tutorial video tutorial showing you how to do it? only thing i ever used armax for were cheats. now i have codebreaker on my memory card. its all pretty nice once its set up

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-09-05 09:50:10 »
do you need a tutorial video tutorial showing you how to do it? only thing i ever used armax for were cheats. now i have codebreaker on my memory card. its all pretty nice once its set up
If you want to, sure, yet keep in mind that I am poor, and must buy a hard to find working codebreaker software from Amazon.com. as well as Swap Magic Version 3.0 for a PS2 that only my friend owns, which I will have to ask him nicely to lend it to me again, for the third time. Hopefully, he will just swap his for my PS2 Slim since he does not care about the FFX Dummy model Buster Sword (which is something to die for.)

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-09-06 16:57:59 »
I use a PS2 with FreeMCBoot installed via the independence exploit (YAY FAT PS2), used uLaunchElf to extract saves, use a program on my computer to convert it to .mcr (don't remember the name of the app, sorry), then used CWCheat on my PSP to make it into a PS3-compatible memory card file, and then moved the saves over to my PS3.

I would also like to note that if you have a slim PS2, and you get Swap Magic, you'll need a different disc cover.  It's stupidly easy to install, it's just a pain to get.  If you're enterprising, however, you can block the 5 sensors inside yourself (look up how, I never bothered to do it, the new cover is much less of a pain in the ass to install)

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-09-06 17:16:28 »
you can block the sensors with tissues and tape on a slim. on a fat youd have to install a different top or use card trick but thats only if hes using it to play import or burns. i recommended him using swap magic to launch an elf instead of the memory card exploit. swapmagic is just that much easier

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-09-07 16:01:02 »
you can block the sensors with tissues and tape on a slim. on a fat youd have to install a different top or use card trick but thats only if hes using it to play import or burns. i recommended him using swap magic to launch an elf instead of the memory card exploit. swapmagic is just that much easier
Thank you, again, @omega res novae. I really appreciate your help. I need to save up just a little money, then I will be all set. I love my job as a delivery driver. Making money is quick and obtainable.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012-09-08 16:39:01 »

Yes, but it's also that much of a rip off.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012-09-08 17:22:45 »
If you have the mcboot installed (noobie package would be good for you available at their site) and ya if you want swapmagic for free download the swapmagic.elf from somewhere and place it on the usb and load it from there, i still have my original swapmagic but scratched like f***

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012-09-09 04:58:10 »
If you have the mcboot installed (noobie package would be good for you available at their site) and ya if you want swapmagic for free download the swapmagic.elf from somewhere and place it on the usb and load it from there, i still have my original swapmagic but scratched like f***

My friend and I bought one for his slim, because at the time it was either SwapMagic, or Independence, and since Independence doesn't work on Slims, he was kinda screwed.  Then FreeMCBoot came around, and I converted my memory card, and used it to convert his.  I think his swapmagic disc is still around somewhere.

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012-09-09 19:54:06 »
My friend and I bought one for his slim, because at the time it was either SwapMagic, or Independence, and since Independence doesn't work on Slims, he was kinda screwed.  Then FreeMCBoot came around, and I converted my memory card, and used it to convert his.  I think his swapmagic disc is still around somewhere.
Thank you for sharing. I am going to buy a used original PS2. I am tired of my slim.