Author Topic: [FF7PC]FF7 SYW V3 upscale: Battle, world map, fields and videos (Final relesase)  (Read 55782 times)

opengrip

• View Profile
One thing I noticed in the movie pack you did Satsuki is that a few of the videos use french. Anyways to get an english version. Ending2 for example.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
One thing I noticed in the movie pack you did Satsuki is that a few of the videos use french. Anyways to get an english version. Ending2 for example.
Well i'm french so ,i've done the french videos (as i said in the first post "I've also refiltered the videos files from french psx version")
For the ending2 you just need to overwrite the french sur with english sub, for the jenova_e it need to be done from english version of the game.
For the ending2 it may need to be retranslated with the BEACAUSE retranslation project ?

I'll do the english videos file if needed but not for some time, i have a project to complete first (for the french version of ff7)

ff7maniac

• View Profile
it do not miss the textures of magic and etc?

Reiletuag

• View Profile
Hello,
Thank you very much for your work worthy of a real remaster.

For the curious, here are some screenshots:

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
it do not miss the textures of magic and etc?
The part witch aren't released are : minigame, disc, game over, credits, magics, menu.
For the credits, disc, game over, and menu as it's eavily language related i won't do any release (the avalanche menu overhaul is great !)
For the magic i'm correcting the Kela51's one (not 100% done but he'll or i'll release the corrected version after that) : http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18425.0
For the minigame i only have done small improvment over the waifu version in chocobo, condor and snowboard (i can post an updated version but it will be french only), you can use the Grimmy's english version : http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16444.0

Sebanisu

• View Profile
I look forward to trying this.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@Reiletuag
thanks but there's some screenshots in the first post in "spoiler"
I removed the spoiler flag so the screenshots are showing up directly

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Some of those fields are really impressive.  It's a shame others need to have heavy filtering.
Yes, it' sad that ff7 si not constant in quality accross the game, the 2 main problems are that the downscale used by squaresoft in 1998 is not a good one and produice aliasing in original game desing and it's hard to upscale well, and the other one is the palette colors witch made some field a real mess to upscale without eavy filtering...
For exemple the game2, one of the hardest to upscale:
-Original game (upscale 4x with no interpollation for visual compare):

-Upscale with no filtering :

-Actual render :
« Last Edit: 2019-03-04 21:45:52 by satsuki »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Here's a full pack with installer and lots of stuff, french only : http://ff7.fr/forum/index.php?page=post&ids=419792

indrema

• View Profile
Hi satsuki, thanks for your mod!
I've installed over my 1998 FFVII but the battle texture don't work, all other one loaded correctly.
Can you please help me?

Ravoz

• View Profile
I'm really enjoying this release! Thanks again!

Quick question, what is the difference between the French movies and English? Because I'm not seeing a difference?

Thanks so much!!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Subtitles maybe?

Ravoz

• View Profile
Subtitles maybe?

I checked the ending movie file and the subtitles were still in English!

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@indrema
Could you tell me if in your mod folder you have a "battle" subflolder ?

@Ravoz
There's 2 videos with subtitle, the Ending2.avi and the JENOVA_E.avi
If you have english subtitle then you don't use my vidéos ^^
have you extrated and replaced the existing video in your "\data\movies\" folder ?
Maybe some video have different name in english version too ?

indrema

• View Profile
Yes I have the battle folder, but in my installation there is also Reunion 05c 60fps mod and Mexico's hard mod.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
SO maybe some bad configuration in another addon, because if the folder is here it must be used (you don't have 2 subfolders "..\battle\battle\" ?)

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
If there is some criticism that I could leave it's that the blacks in your FMVs are too bright. Maybe they need more contrast? Because your FMVs don't transition seamlessly from background to video.

Rumbah

• View Profile
That sounds like a simple Tv/full range problem that could be solved with a change in the Aali video shader or by recoding the video.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
If there is some criticism that I could leave it's that the blacks in your FMVs are too bright. Maybe they need more contrast? Because your FMVs don't transition seamlessly from background to video.
The constrast haven't be modified but the video player plugin's may work in it's own way.
Have you tried with the original videos ?

Quote from: Rumbah
That sounds like a simple Tv/full range problem that could be solved with a change in the Aali video shader or by recoding the video.
maybe, a tv range is typical 16-235 and a computer screen 0-255 but why the range would be différent in game screens and in videos ?
« Last Edit: 2019-03-12 17:25:32 by satsuki »

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
The constrast haven't be modified but the video player plugin's may work in it's own way.
Have you tried with the original videos ?

Well I didn't have this issue before. Original FMVs look fine and even Rumbahs FMVs work correctly too. And yeah my PC is connected to a TV. I'm no good at encoding stuff though. How do I change the video shader and which shader would be best?

Rumbah

• View Profile
Well, I actually tested for the right color space back then when I did the video files but I don't remember much as it's been a while :D
The shader to look for is the yuv.frag in the shader folder.

Actually I found two of these in my old folder so you could try both (should do the same, perhaps performance differences):

Code: [Select]
#version 110

uniform sampler2D y_tex;
uniform sampler2D u_tex;
uniform sampler2D v_tex;

uniform bool full_range;

const mat3 mpeg_rgb_transform = mat3(
1.164,  1.164,  1.164,
0.0,   -0.392,  2.017,
1.596, -0.813,  0.0
);

const mat3 jpeg_rgb_transform = mat3(
1.0,  1.0,   1.0,
0.0, -0.343, 1.765,
1.4, -0.711, 0.0
);

void main()
{
float y = texture2D(y_tex, gl_TexCoord[0].st).x;
float u = texture2D(u_tex, gl_TexCoord[0].st).x - 0.5;
float v = texture2D(v_tex, gl_TexCoord[0].st).x - 0.5;
vec3 yuv_color = vec3(y, u, v);
vec4 rgba_color;

if(full_range) rgba_color = vec4(jpeg_rgb_transform * yuv_color, 1.0);
else rgba_color = vec4(mpeg_rgb_transform * yuv_color, 1.0);

gl_FragColor = rgba_color;
}
Code: [Select]
#version 110

uniform sampler2D y_tex;
uniform sampler2D u_tex;
uniform sampler2D v_tex;

uniform bool full_range;

const mat3 rgb_transform = mat3(
1.0,    1.0,   1.0,
0.0,   -0.344, 1.77,
1.403, -0.714, 0.0
);

void main()
{
float y = texture2D(y_tex, gl_TexCoord[0].st).x;
float u = texture2D(u_tex, gl_TexCoord[0].st).x - 0.5;
float v = texture2D(v_tex, gl_TexCoord[0].st).x - 0.5;

if(!full_range) y = (y - (1.0 / 255.0) * 16.0) * (255.0 / (255.0 - 16.0));

vec3 yuv_color = vec3(y, u, v);
vec4 rgba_color = vec4(rgb_transform * yuv_color, 1.0);
gl_FragColor = rgba_color;
}
If both do not work because either ffmpeg does get the info wrong or the videos are not correctly signaled then one could hardcode the correct one in the shader.
And it depends on Aali's driver version, I think earlier ones always assumed full range, then it changed to (buggy?) detection.

kekko1285

• View Profile
Just a suggestion, it might worth adding some screenshots in the first thread where also battle and more open world pictures are showed.

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
Thanks Rumbah. That second one seems to work well.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Just a suggestion, it might worth adding some screenshots in the first thread where also battle and more open world pictures are showed.
Feel free to add your own and i'll paste then in the first post ^^