Author Topic: [FF7PC]FF7 SYW V3 upscale: Battle, world map, fields and videos (Final relesase)  (Read 55783 times)

daninthemix

• View Profile
This is fantastic. Some of the backgrounds are amazing. All are very much improved. Am doing a complete playthrough now with this :)

SmallBaguette

• View Profile
Quick question.

I'd like to try this mod out.

Currently I'm running Remako, world textures and battle textures.

Originally I just wanted to replace Remako with yours but your mod goes quite a bit further than that. So what would you recommend? Should I deactivate Remako, world textures and battle textures and put your mod where Remako was?

Thanks!

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Yes you can replace the remako ones, it'll works.

tracido

• View Profile
Yes you can replace the remako ones, it'll works.

Hmm, I'm going to try to make my own field only .iro file by taking that one apart and trying to put yours together the way it looks.. An .iro that lets you select what you want on and off would be a godsend, for this project, though..

Holy crap, taking apart the Remako, Ark, and OGfields .iro's I was able to figure out how to build one for your field alters alone, I now have your mod as a turn on and off option at the 7th Heaven menu; I even put one of the screenshots in for a preview, heh..

I'll work on your world map alters and battle alters later, for now I have the grimmy+ world and Avalanche battle mods & I mix the videos on my own without .iros..

And it's working, I can already see your additional work on maps I'm standing in. :)
« Last Edit: 2019-04-20 00:49:40 by tracido »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Thanks for doing this, feel free to share it once it'll be final (i'll add alink to your .iro in the first post ^^)

SmallBaguette

• View Profile
Oh man, I would love an IRO version!!

tracido

• View Profile
Thanks for doing this, feel free to share it once it'll be final (i'll add alink to your .iro in the first post ^^)

I uploaded a newer version to dropbox, so if you can upload it somewhere better please do, as I highly doubt I have bandwidth for much, I'll explain the changes below..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbbvypabhf0xp2i/Satsukis%20Field%20AI%20Upscale%20w%20char.iro?dl=0

What I realized by looking through all your folders was, the /char folder needs to be included in the field maps, so I added it and it's working so far, AMAZING, just saw another area with the /char folder in the field, (need to test a few more areas to be sure it's not conflicting with anything else I'm using, but nothing so far) and if you want the field only one, let me know..

PM'd you the link Satsuki, I was right, I only had enough bandwidth to get it to you, but it's all set, just click the link in my PM.

I made another .iro for battles for you. For some reason the .png's weren't showing up on 7th heaven, but nevermind, I fixed them.. Still, works as a standalone battle texture mod with a 'no change' and 'on' option.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z60wtlf3s8w1yna/Satsukis%20Battle%20Upscale.iro?dl=0

Final iro build edit: uploaded world but, have not tested it.  All I did was take apart the World_Textures_2.0 .iro, added your updates and repackaged it exactly the same, JUST with your updates in the 'satsuki' folder which size comparison alone made clear it was being updated (when you go into the options you can choose your new updated world maps or the other choices, all still there), & a new screenshot from here, calling it World_Textures_2.2 as well.  It's staying up for you until bandwidth runs out, & I can only keep the trial bandwidth for a few days so, please grab all THREE PM links quickly..

(Updated version link) I added all of Satsuki's fixes and then found a few missing from Grimmy and added them in as well for those using 7th Heaven with the community world texture .iro, enjoy. :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CG8Ggr8uO9wb8XXyZhQWhR1US5O64raN

LAST EDIT: ^ Enjoy the links while the bandwidth lasts, until the newer ones are tested.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-26 07:53:32 by tracido »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Thanks i've updated the files you sent me (only cleaning and some fields optimisation 2 or 3)
I sended an email with the links to you, s you can test them, and if it's all right, i'll update the first port to add the iro's links.

tracido

• View Profile
Thanks i've updated the files you sent me (only cleaning and some fields optimisation 2 or 3)
I sended an email with the links to you, s you can test them, and if it's all right, i'll update the first port to add the iro's links.
Tested both battle and field+char in Midgar areas, working beautifully so far with 7th Heaven. Will update once I hit the outside world.

tracido

• View Profile
Tested both battle and field+char in Midgar areas, working beautifully so far with 7th Heaven. Will update once I hit the outside world.

Just got to world, and the world .iro you made works perfectly.

So all 3 are good for hosting.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FkGzDaBjzLY_WlCyAky16PB00zw1NbPr/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13KpIDN4IIwRx4u5kTN1eTcdXBJZqUcCk/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yQhaC0dgUJgPMbKnLhPrKB9FYa4biHz_/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 2019-04-22 11:50:07 by tracido »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I added the links in the first post.

mooch49

• View Profile
Hello. First time posting. I'm a bit confused as to how to install these mods. When I import them or place the iros in mods, 7th Heaven folder, I don't see any difference. They are active and are in the proper load order. But when I unpack each iro and then place the folders in the textures folder of 7th heaven, I see the mods working. When the iros are imported, shouldn't 7th heaven automatically process them and place them in the textures folder. It's always empty when I import the iro and place them in the mods folder. Which is the correct way? Manually by unpacking each iro or importing them through 7th Heaven and then put them in the correct order? Or do you do both. Thanks for any assistance.

tracido

• View Profile
Hello. First time posting. I'm a bit confused as to how to install these mods. When I import them or place the iros in mods, 7th Heaven folder, I don't see any difference. They are active and are in the proper load order. But when I unpack each iro and then place the folders in the textures folder of 7th heaven, I see the mods working. When the iros are imported, shouldn't 7th heaven automatically process them and place them in the textures folder. It's always empty when I import the iro and place them in the mods folder. Which is the correct way? Manually by unpacking each iro or importing them through 7th Heaven and then put them in the correct order? Or do you do both. Thanks for any assistance.

No, .iro's only run during the game, period, must be activated, configured and set to on or off.

I manually unpack everything with the IRO creation tool, you may have to read up on any technical uses beyond basic unpacking and repacking, load order, et cetera.

If you want them to run manually, in the textures folder unpacked, you have to build a mod.xml code list, have you done that?

I don't do both.

I don't do the textures folder, either. I only build and pack my .iro's because of how easy they are to deal with.

Finally, if you're not seeing anything and have no other field mods applied, turned on or activated, you may have an improper install, as that was my last experience with 7th Heaven, before I made sure I had nothing remaining in the registry..
« Last Edit: 2019-04-23 02:03:30 by tracido »

mooch49

• View Profile
thanks for the response. I believe I have everything installed correctly. I'm using a few other mods like gameplay, and cheats, but no other texture mods besides spells. I imported the three iro's posted here. I then activated them and sorted them. Maybe that's where I am going wrong. What I don't understand is why when these iros are activated, the texture folder is empty. Only when I unpack each iro manually into the textures folder do I see the changes.

I don't know how to upload an image. But my load order is as follows

Miscellaneous - Dynamic Cloud Weapons
Miscellaneous - Team Avalanche Fields
Animations
Satsuki_Yatoshi_Esrgan_Battle
Satsuki_Yatoshi_Esrgan_Fields
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
Media - Music & Sound
Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
Minigames
Spell Textures
The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul
Satsuki_Yatoshi_Esrgan_World

tracido

• View Profile
I'm sitting here with tons of mods from top to bottom of the load order on the FAQ, including four other field mods, all working, on & off with Satsuki's on & off respectfully.

I have nothing in my texture folder, ever, with everything activated, it doesn't work like that. The texture folder is there to build your own stuff from everything I've gathered.

Again, last time I got 7th heaven working, everything but field maps worked, I had to re-install after cleaning the registry, to get 2D field maps functional.

It might be your issue, it might not, but it's possible. 

However, the Reunion I do not use, so I have no idea if there might be a conflict there, either, as that's why I didn't use it, because they are still building it and NOT updating it for fixes right now..

Also, I never use Tweaks & Cheats, or Difficulty & Story either, so no idea on those and compatibility, either.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-23 07:11:55 by tracido »

mooch49

• View Profile
That could be possible. I'll try disabling Reunion to see if that's causing the texture mods to not work. Right now, I have the unpacked iros in the texture folder. Game looks beautiful. The only problem I'm seeing are the fonts and battle bars don't look right.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
If you aren't using a mod, deactivate it to ensure it's not the cause of your issue.  You can deactivate without deleting ;)

tracido

• View Profile
Alright, I added all of Satsuki's fixes and then found a few missing from Grimmy and added them in as well for those using 7th Heaven with the community world texture .iro, enjoy. :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lMn-oOVCz3gkRQY-vj0dZHtxfro5GGda
« Last Edit: 2019-04-26 10:40:38 by tracido »

levantine

• View Profile
Hello !
Thx for sharing your work, i have a question, i'm using avalanche arisen for battle texture and remako hd for field texture, what is the difference between thoose one and yours?
Also do you have an iro for a battle model ennemies ? i use the one who figure in 7th heaven but it looks older

tracido

• View Profile
I added the links in the first post.

Hmm, really odd issue I wasn't expecting. Your field's .iro breaks everytime I try to unpack it, and only unpacks about 1/3 of the total before stopping altogether, very strange..

I mean, it's working as is, fine, but I cannot alter it, or take it apart, at all.

EDIT: I got it, I just used the simulated dos app you did to upack and viola..

Hello !
Thx for sharing your work, i have a question, i'm using avalanche arisen for battle texture and remako hd for field texture, what is the difference between thoose one and yours?
Also do you have an iro for a battle model ennemies ? i use the one who figure in 7th heaven but it looks older

There is a sample image in both 7th heaven IRO's, that's the best quick way to have a comparison.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-24 00:15:04 by tracido »

tracido

• View Profile
Alright, I only added one feature to the final edit by Satsuki, which I'm currently testing out for others to use (Char ONLY option tested and working so far with OGFields, Remako, & Ark)

The option only turns on just the /char folder, in case someone wants to use other field map mods which don't have any of these smoother /char folder edits..

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E3CB4hX434m9krBEVA9CCQsVPIfIQg4V

Other community .iro alter if missed: "All I did was take apart the World_Textures_2.0 .iro, added your updates and repackaged it exactly the same (when you go into the options you can choose your new updated world maps or the other choices, all still there)

(Updated version link) I added all of Satsuki's fixes and then found a few missing from Grimmy and added them in as well for those using 7th Heaven with the community world texture .iro, enjoy. :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CG8Ggr8uO9wb8XXyZhQWhR1US5O64raN
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 08:20:42 by tracido »

Shino

• View Profile
Hallo,

i love your work *-* it looks so awesome.

Can you make 2 Videos with the German Videos?

Thank you :)

Greetz
Shino

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I have no plan so far to do no french version of the videos, but at least for the ending you can take my video, crop the black borders (witch contain texts) than add new black borders and add your subs.

Shino

• View Profile
Okay,

how did you edit the Video?
i can't open the files for editing.

or can you explain how you upscale the video, than i can make this 2 videos.
I canĀ“t find anything how this work.

greetz
Shino
« Last Edit: 2019-04-25 18:41:34 by Shino »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
or can you explain how you upscale the video, than i can make this 2 videos.
Realy complex processing with at least 4 or 5 tools, some home made and witch only work in my computer environment (with dependcies, specific cpu and gpu ...)

how did you edit the Video
Try virtualdub2 it's doing this in an easy way, or go fro avisynth (thats the way i edit my video but not realy easy to handle)