Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3004749 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile

While we're talking about the model overhaul though, I have to say, I'm not a fan of Cait Sith's field model. More lavender than white, and has a lot of details that don't really make sense? Cait Sith's whole thing is that he's a big motorized toy, he has the big oven mitt hands and clown shoe feet for a reason. That plus it having a nose for some reason, despite Cait Sith's Moogle never being depicted with one anywhere ever, has me voting for a different model to be used and/or made. Doesn't help that one or two of his animations have a few buggy frames in them with it. Hope I don't sound demanding it's just...all the other party members' field models are just right to my eye, so Cait sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'll change it back for you. ;)

WindIce

• View Profile
I'm sorry, but I can't download the R06. When I click, the following link "about:blank blocked" appears.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
"Poison is not truly an Elemental and a Status.  Due to a total miscommunication between the design team and the battle programmer, the following will happen:

If Poison elemental damage is nullified or absorbed, the status (regular deductions of HP) will never be inflicted.

If the Poison status is protected against, then the elemental damage is nullified.

The regular damage incurred at intervals by Poison status is treated as elemental damage.

This also means that Poison Ring is totally broken, as it will only ever drain 0 HP. "

This one took a while to fix up.  My earlier fix was useless and i'm testing ready for R06 release.  Had to redo the lot.  Took 3 new functions and other alterations to make it work.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Poison is not truly an Elemental and a Status.  Due to a total miscommunication between the design team and the battle programmer, the following will happen:

If Poison elemental damage is nullified or absorbed, the status (regular deductions of HP) will never be inflicted.

If the Poison status is protected against, then the elemental damage is nullified.

The regular damage incurred at intervals by Poison status is treated as elemental damage.

This also means that Poison Ring is totally broken, as it will only ever drain 0 HP.

Wiseman

• View Profile
I'm sorry, but I can't download the R06. When I click, the following link "about:blank blocked" appears.

R06 hasn't released yet.

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #4830 on: 2019-10-17 15:29:53 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:37:37 by Lorath »

Mabinog

• View Profile
I was just curious; are WEAPON, Audio Replacement and Soldier Quest still in the works or have they been scrapped?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I was just curious; are WEAPON, Audio Replacement and Soldier Quest still in the works or have they been scrapped?

They're in the works and Audio Replacement is complete. See Reunion Database.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
R06 hasn't released yet.

Not only that but the very top of the first post has blue writing telling people it isn't.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Due to time constraints, the bulk of R06 is still on course for tomorrow, but I think R07 will be brought forward within a few weeks of it to add new models after I've sorted through Kal's latest - and fixed up some other bugs and issues.

The main thing is getting the new framework out there and then ironing out all the crap.

My latest fix to ff7.exe to ignore and bypass main registry values has also fixed up R06 to work with Steam's original exe and launcher too.  That's a bonus.

kbraman3347

• View Profile
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Cheers sir!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

Update:

I've been working flat out for the best part of a week with minor breaks and the installer is done - all files are ready apart from Kal's.

So, what's the problem?  The problem is I probably need a few more days to get tutorial fixed up, for Luksy to fix one remaining bug in ts, and to sort through the remainder of Kal's models.  The odds of this being released 19th are not impossible,  but not likely.  In any case, we are literally a few days off now. Even if tomorrow is missed, you won't have much longer to wait.

This is a much harder thing to complete than even I gave it credit.   I have all day Monday off work, so that's looking likely the day.  The deadlines do help though - as they force me to work harder.

« Last Edit: 2019-10-18 22:38:39 by DLPB »

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
It's okay, crap happens, don't be too hard on yoursself

Salk

• View Profile
Deadlines can be a powerful incentive.

If you didn't have one set you wouldn't have probably even realized, despite past experiences, the amount of work that still needed to be done.

Godspeed!

e2zippo

• View Profile
No worries! Take your time! We can all wait  :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's arriving.  Kicking and screaming.

Mabinog

• View Profile

GregOli

• View Profile
Choo Choo... All aboard the hype train!  :-D

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
The deadlines do help though - as they force me to work harder.

Much love for the Brits... both the almost, but not quite, entirely unlike sane ones, and those other poofters (oh, wait, that's an Aussie term) who bring us translations that actually do make sense <3

luksy

• View Profile
Lusky?? For shame.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
 ;D

Lusty Lusky.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxNnqTcHhg  This is what's going through my brain as I try to complete the release. 

basmith7

• View Profile
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ DLPB TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7UmUX68KtE  This is what's going through my brain as I try to complete the release.
FTFY