Author Topic: [FF7] Safer Sephiroths Supernova  (Read 10064 times)

Sapphire

• View Profile
[FF7] Safer Sephiroths Supernova
« on: 2011-07-18 00:51:40 »
After reading around after failed attempts of being able to use it... Am I right in coming to the conclusion that Supernova is 'broken' in a way that only Safer Sephiroth can use it?

It seems each time I try to use it, my game crashes.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: [FF7] Safer Sephiroths Supernova
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-18 01:06:21 »
It fails unless the battle has the 'swirling heavens' background.

Several animations are like this, actually. They're not especially orthogonal, much to many modders' chagrin.

I did start a thread on this - http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11534.msg159455#msg159455 - however, I haven't had much of an opportunity to update it. I may make this a public, community project.

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-18 20:48:22 »
Funny how the original Supernova doesn't have this issues. It can even be used as a regular magic or Limit.

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-18 20:55:39 »
Funny how the original Supernova doesn't have this issues. It can even be used as a regular magic or Limit.

The "original Supernova"? Is there a custom Supernova in the original Japanese version?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 2011-07-18 23:51:44 »
No, the U.S. release got the "custom" one. The first Japanese release had one that was a 5 second version of what we got.

Sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-07-19 06:01:00 »
The U.S release of Supernova is far better then the original japanese version however it's almost as long as Omnislash but shorter then Knights Of The Round but you don't need the "Swirling Heavens" background for it to work.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: 2011-07-19 08:10:51 »
Have anyone obtained the Japanese version? Imo, it's better simply because it's shorter. Apparently, according to the "western" supernova,  they live in the same solar system as us. Also, planets can be destroyed and respawned easily (Sephiroth can destroy the same planets multiple times).

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-07-19 12:07:33 »
Well tbh, it is a move, and they certainly don't live in same solar system... an enemy skill/move does not need to be realistic or part of the story.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-07-20 00:24:17 »
Have anyone obtained the Japanese version? Imo, it's better simply because it's shorter. Apparently, according to the "western" supernova,  they live in the same solar system as us. Also, planets can be destroyed and respawned easily (Sephiroth can destroy the same planets multiple times).

Pfft, when you're as cool as Sephiroth and your move is as hilariously OTT as Supernova, you don't need astronomical accuracy ;D

skullmster

« Reply #9 on: 2011-07-23 10:16:24 »
So I am reading this and getting more and more curious. Obviously A LOT of talented modders out there so I am going ask something that may not be do able..... Why  not make it work like a normal summon I.E. like Knights of the Round or Odin where when you activate the move it changes the backround to the swirling clouds?? Then when the move is done it reverts back to normal. Quite honestly I would love to see people performing the SuperNova against a chocobo or something that cant defend itself! :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-07-23 10:20:13 »
Because some things are much harder to do than others.

Sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-07-23 11:24:29 »
So I am reading this and getting more and more curious. Obviously A LOT of talented modders out there so I am going ask something that may not be do able..... Why  not make it work like a normal summon I.E. like Knights of the Round or Odin where when you activate the move it changes the backround to the swirling clouds?? Then when the move is done it reverts back to normal. Quite honestly I would love to see people performing the SuperNova against a chocobo or something that cant defend itself! :)

A cruel mind against the chocobo you have :P.

However that is a good idea, I'm not actually sure if this has been tried, I'm sure I read it has been tried but I can't be sure :s.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-07-23 15:34:05 »
Wouldn't that technically not work? I mean the only summon that actually changes the scene is KotR.  All the others have a summon creature appear and do something to the enemy that uses the same scene you're already in.  It doesn't change the background at all does it?

Sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-07-24 01:51:12 »
Wouldn't that technically not work? I mean the only summon that actually changes the scene is KotR.  All the others have a summon creature appear and do something to the enemy that uses the same scene you're already in.  It doesn't change the background at all does it?

Hmm, Bahamut Zero does, I think all the Bahamut's do.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-07-24 02:12:05 »
Oh yea, I guess Neo Bahamut and ZERO do too... but no one cares about any of them except the original Bahamut >>

(Side note: anyone else wonder why in ONLY FFVII Compilation there's multiple versions of Bahamut?)

CarrieStruss

« Reply #15 on: 2011-07-27 07:52:40 »
Custom versions of any particular place?   ::) ::)